Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » *** UPDATED x2 *** This just in… Rauner to give $4 million more to HRO, $1 million to Harold

Thursday, Aug 9, 2018

* The audio isn’t online yet, but Gov. Bruce Rauner told WJPF’s Tom Miller this morning that he is contributing $4 million to the House Republican Organization on top of the $2 million he’s already given them. He also said he is giving $1 million to Republican attorney general candidate Erika Harold.

The dude is finally going all-in, it appears.

JB Pritzker has contributed $2 million so far to Speaker Madigan’s House Democratic Majority PAC. And he’s given just $50,000 to Democratic attorney general candidate Kwame Raoul’s campaign.

*** UPDATE 1 *** Transcript provided by the Rauner campaign…

I’m funding Erika Harold. I’m giving her a million dollars which is a lot of money for me. I need her to win. Lisa Madigan has defended the corruption of her dad. Erika Harold will prosecute Madigan and the corruption. She’s awesome.

I’m also going to give another $4 million to the House Republicans. They are the ones who will vote to oust Madigan and get him out of office. They’re the ones who blocked the income tax hike that Pritzker and Madigan are pushing. I’m all in.

I need some help from all the folks around the state. But I need the folks in Southern Illinois. Get out and vote. Vote for reformers in the General Assembly, vote for Erika Harold. Vote for me so we can fight Madigan and get a better future.

…Adding… Also from today’s show…

*** UPDATE 2 *** Audio is here.

83 Comments »
  1. - Not Again - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:29 am:

Did he say anything about the SGOP?

2. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:31 am:

===Did he say anything about the SGOP?===

First thing I thought.

What *about* the SGOP, governor?

3. - Iggy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:32 am:

This announcement made me think of the Office and this wonderful James Spader quote.

“Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, expletive deleted, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you’re gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don’t even know my real name- I’m the expletive deleted lizard king!”

4. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:39 am:

Pritzker better get on the stick with those fundraising calls…

I kid, I kid…

5. - Anonymous - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:40 am:

Senger and Dodge are out in the woods cold and scared.

6. - DaleyMail - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:40 am:

Time for JB to throw 1.5 Million to Kwame.

7. - wordslinger - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:42 am:

Cullerton’s veto-proof majority is solid.

Rauner’s only hope for influence in the GA is in the House. But he’s burned both ends of the GOP caucus, leaving himself only a mushy-middle-muddle of a minority. Not a great ROI on his investments, to date.

For $4 million, you can hope in one hand, do your business in the other and see which one fills up first.

8. - Back to the Future - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:43 am:

Interesting quote.
    Does the idea expressed in it apply to Bruce, JB or both?

9. - Commonsense in Illinois - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:47 am:

Should we start a pool to see how long it takes for a reporter to ask Erika Harold what charges she plans to bring against the Speaker?

That would be an interesting story…

10. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:47 am:

===Cullerton’s veto-proof majority is solid.===

Yep. Not up for discussion or debate, but…

LEADER BRADY: And I say, “Hey, Bruce, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.

At least Carl got *something* from the Lama, the flowing robes, the grace…

11. - Can - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:47 am:

I would’ve used that money to renovate the new pad in Italy, but that’s just me.

12. - G'Kar - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:49 am:

Poor little Brucie, how much money did he make last year? “I’m giving her a million dollars which is a lot of money for me.”

13. - Galena Guy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:49 am:

And she’s gonna prosecute Madigan for what exactly Bruce? Care to cite any laws he has broken?

14. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:51 am:

===I’m funding Erika Harold. I’m giving her a million dollars which is a lot of money for me.===

Is Rauner serious?

Bruce and Diana Rauner are already $112 million in. This idea that a million is a lot for him is an embarrassingly pathetic fib.

===Erika Harold will prosecute Madigan and the corruption.===

As a governor, Rauner is clueless to what his own job entails. Now we know he is clueless to what the AG constitutionally does.

If the governor knows of these corruptions, please, pass it on to the US Attorney. No one is stopping Rauner.

15. - Real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:52 am:

That 4 million will be wasted when Pritzker gives double that.

16. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:53 am:

===That 4 million will be wasted when Pritzker gives double that.===

Pritzker will have to raise it first.

17. - Skeptic - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:54 am:

“And she’s gonna prosecute Madigan for what exactly Bruce?” He’s a Democrat, Hillary is a Democrat, they must have done *something* illegal, right? /s

18. - a drop in - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:54 am:

All we are missing are chants of “lock him up!”

19. - Keyrock - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:55 am:

Remind me what powers the AG has to initiate corruption prosecutions again?
    Oh. That’s right. None (unless a new statute is passed).

20. - Potted plant - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:56 am:

===Erika Harold will prosecute Madigan and the corruption.==

Did he then lead a chant of “lock him up?”

21. - Anon221 - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:57 am:

So Rauner needs help, huh? He was more than willing to sacrifice people and programs throughout his tenure as governor. His ” No help for you” strategy as his “all in” to try and push out Madigan was a failure in the end. Enough House Republicans saw the light, on refused to grant him another year of no budget and inadequate revenues.

I agree, he needs help, just not the kind that should be given a vote in November.

22. - Real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 9:58 am:

Pritzker will have to raise it first.

- I don’t think Pritzker meant he would support down ballot only by raised funds. I’m thinking he meant raised funds in addition to what he contributes.

23. - Fixet - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:02 am:

And yet another baseless accusation from an inept, ineffectual, and clueless governor. This guy needs to be on the plane to Italy for Thanksgiving.

24. - wordslinger - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:03 am:

Love it when Baron von Carhart goes south and does his Hee-Haw bit. He really, really respects the intelligence of the folks down yonder.

–Pritzker is the “biggest gun grabber in America”–

Huh?

– Southside Chicago unemployment is “30 or 40 percent” –

What?

–and Sam McCann is a “Pritzker plant.”–

LOL, McCann is your Frankenstein monster, bully-boy. If you hadn’t been so thin-skinned and thick-headed, you wouldn’t have this problem.

Hey Bruce, what’s your over/under on McCann? Four points or better does you in, I imagine.

25. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:05 am:

===I don’t think Pritzker meant he would support down ballot only by raised funds. I’m thinking he meant raised funds in addition to what he contributes.===

Aw, don’t be an apologist.

Pritzker is spending, right now, $173.75 a minute, $8,625.00 an hour, $207,000 a day.

Since midnight to now, 10am, Pritzker has spent $86,250.00

Pritzker said he’s not raising any money.

Now Pritzker is… raising money.

Rich has a whole post on it with a bland, innocuous, statement, saying really… nothing.

So. Yeah. When Pritzker raises it.

26. - Chris P. Bacon - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:06 am:

Wait, hold on. So Rauner is publicly promising that Erika Harold will prosecute Madigan?

What is that indictment going to look like? What are the charges? Erika Harold is already an officer of the court, an attorney, if Rauner has communicated evidence of specific crimes to her it would be unethical for her to just sit on it. She has a duty that she should be fulfilling NOW. And Rauner is governor for crying out loud. Where is his criminal complaint for these crimes that he clearly claims have already been committed?

Rauner needs to back up his serious allegation — or admit that he’s just being unbelievably reckless in a desperate pander for votes.

27. - Jocko - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:06 am:

Judging by the tweet, it sounds like Rauner is going ‘Full Trump’. Is he (or the BTIA) going to devise a nickname for JB?

28. - Anonymous - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:07 am:

Get a life. Get off same old Madison blame crap. That’s all u have done since taking office. How bout stepping up and leading.

29. - VanillaMan - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:07 am:

Everytime Rauner tells us about corruption in Illinois, our immediate response should be to ask him what he has done during his entire term in office to address it.

Rauner is a governor, not a victim.
    We’re not helpless, and a multi-millionaire governor most definately isn’t either.

Corruption?
    Should have done something beyond political whining, Bruce.

30. - King Louis XVI - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:07 am:

— all in —

Even with $6 million from Rauner, House GOP is still eating MJM’s dust who started the cycle with around $15 million in his various accounts. Daddy warbucks needs to kick in another $10 million just to draw even the Dems.

31. - wordslinger - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:08 am:

–Erika Harold will prosecute Madigan and the corruption.–

Kass must have told him that was possible. Embarrassing, that he doesn’t have a clue.

32. - Texas Red - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:08 am:

“Remind me what powers the AG has to initiate corruption prosecutions again?
    Oh. That’s right. None (unless a new statute is passed).

Have to laugh at exactly how AG Madigan is “advocating for Women”, one of her stated priorities. When her father is running an organization rife with harassment ..Quinn…Mapes….

33. - Real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:08 am:

So. Yeah. When Pritzker raises it.

-I doubt that will be the case. You interpret it as in Pritzker only supporting down ballot races exclusively on raised funds… I interpret it as Pritzker supporting down ballot races on raised funds and what he contributes. So we shall see who is right or wrong in time.

34. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:11 am:

===I interpret it as…===

(Sigh)

Pritzker said… he said… not anyone else… Pritzker said… he’s not raising money.

Now he’s raising money.

Nothing to interpret unless you’re an apologist.

You keep using more words to try to refute what’s actually happening, lol

35. - VanillaMan - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:12 am:

McCann is a plant?
    Who isn’t?
    Every voter votes for a plant on election day.

36. - Honeybear - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:13 am:

“Prosecute Madigan and the corruption”
    Maybe Harold be better off prosecuting
    The corruption
    Of a Rauner Executive Order
    Creating a public private partnership
    Now known as Intersect Illinois
    Which never achieved IRS non-profit status
    IRS rejected its application
    Thus it is still for profit
    Non foia-able
    Lining up EDGE for the husk of DCEO
    Doing government work and business
    On behalf of the state
    Schultz and Winters went straight from
    Gutting DCEO
    To running a for profit business.
    Hundreds of millions of dollars
    In corporate welfare
    Lined up by Intersect Illinois
    Look at their website. They proudly show it.
    A private company
    Doing government work
    I don’t know
    I’d start with that Mrs Harold.
    That and how did Rauner make
    90,000 am hour
    After he took office?
    Just sayin

37. - Grandson of Man - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:16 am:

I thought Rauner hated this kind of stuff, an insider buying a political party.

Dear union members,

Don’t ever feel bad about pooling your few dollars with others to have a voice in public policy when there’s a blatant hypocrite like Rauner, a sitting governor who has singlehandedly spend over $100 million to buy government.

38. - Michelle Flaherty - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:16 am:

“I’m funding Erika Harold.”

You what public loves? Big money in politics and bought-and-paid-for candidates. The public loves hearing rich guys talk about how much money they are going to spend filling up the airwaves with ads. The public loves rich guys who make power politics their lone priority.

Maybe Harold and the GOP need to hear this from Bruce to calm their nerves, but I think the average person hears/sees it and thinks that’s $1 million that could have gone to a better use for almost anything.

Among the only things polling worse than Rauner would be big money in politics.

Then again, what else does he have to talk about?

39. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:17 am:

===Pritzker is the “biggest gun grabber in America” Southside Chicago unemployment is “30 or 40 percent” and Sam McCann is a “Pritzker plant.”===

Let’s break some of this down, shall we?

“Pritzker is the “biggest gun grabber in America”…”

How do you think that plays, in the suburbs, with women and moderates… giving up on those voters, or hoping they don’t hear this drivel?

“Southside Chicago unemployment is “30 or 40 percent”…”

As the sitting governor of Illinois, I’d call this a Rauner failure, if true. Now, if it’s not true and an embellishment, why would a sitting governor make his own incumbency sound like a failure… “oh”… oh… now I…

“and Sam McCann is a “Pritzker plant.”…”

Meh. McCann didn’t sign HB40, sign a “sanctuary state” bill, or sign a budget with a 32% tax increase to balance it.

My point?

Who exactly *is* the Rauner constituency?

40. - Real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:18 am:

Pritzker said… he said… not anyone else… Pritzker said… he’s not raising money.

Now he’s raising money.

Nothing to interpret unless you’re an apologist.

You keep using more words to try to refute what’s actually happening, lol

-Nothing further to discuss. We all will see what happens in time.

41. - Wensicia - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:18 am:

So Rauner plans to put Erika Harold in charge?

42. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:20 am:

===We all will see what happens in time.===

LOL

Pritzker is raising money… right now… it’s happening… today.

“And… scene”

43. - @misterjayem - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:20 am:

He’s been Governor of Illinois for nearly four years but Bruce is still campaigning exclusively on I’m gonna.

A more damning admission of failure would be hard to imagine.

– MrJM

44. - OneMan - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:21 am:

Really, we have reached this point now… I am not surprised but I am disappointed

45. - Dance Band on the Titanic - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:23 am:

I don’t recall any previous Illinois gubernatorial candidate ever handing an attorney general candidate a million dollars for the publicly stated purpose of prosecuting his political opponent if she wins.

46. - Real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:29 am:

LOL

Pritzker is raising money… right now… it’s happening… today.

“And… scene”

-The obvious point was he will not only support down ballot races exclusively on raised funds but also on personal contributions from himself…

Then I said we shall see in time when you kept saying he will only support down ballot races only on raised funds. Keep up

47. - Jocko - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:30 am:

Judging by the audio, Bruce has resigned himself to winning central & southern IL and little else. I especially loved “My grandparents lived in a double-wide trailer. I didn’t inherit a nickel.”

48. - Concerned Dem - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:30 am:

“I’m funding Erika Harold.”

Thanks Bruce for writing Kwame’s campaign spots.

49. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:33 am:

- Real -

You’re not very good at this.

===when you kept saying he will only support down ballot races only on raised funds. Keep up.===

Hmm. Let’s see… what I said, exactly aa I said it…

===Pritzker will have to raise it first.===

You want it as … “I interpret it as”

Nothing to interpret, guess, speculate, wait on…

Pritzker said he won’t be raising money. Pritzker now is… raising money.

Get over it. You want what you hope, not what has happened.

Keep up? You’re ignoring reality, lol

50. - Nick Name - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:33 am:

===Erika Harold will prosecute Madigan and the corruption. She’s awesome.===

Whiskey tango foxtrot.

51. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:37 am:

===“My grandparents lived in a double-wide trailer. I didn’t inherit a nickel.”===

Why he ignores his own father and his own upbringing is the stuff of head scratching

52. - Retired SURS Employee - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:40 am:

The Governor seems to think that winning most, if not all, downstate counties guarantees his re-election. Fortunately, it’s the vote of individuals that wins an election, not how many counties you’ve won.

53. - @misterjayem - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:41 am:

Anybody else see Madigan and the Corruption when they opened for Foghat?

– MrJM

54. - Real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:41 am:

Nothing to interpret, guess, speculate, wait on…

Pritzker said he won’t be raising money. Pritzker now is… raising money.

Get over it. You want what you hope, not what has happened.

Keep up? You’re ignoring reality, lol

-Which is why I also said there is nothing further to discuss

We surely will see in time.

55. - Just Sayin - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:44 am:

“Erika Harold will prosecute Madigan and the corruption.”
    Gee, I wonder if Erika agrees with this?

56. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:48 am:

===We surely will see in time.===

When you catch up? It’s happening now.

Here’s the deal.

At 12:01 am… Pritzker spent $143.75. At 12:02 am, another $143.75… and so on, every minute.

Your thinking, that this fundraising thingy is “I interpret it as… “…

Nothing to interpret. It’s monies going out that even someone worth billions (with a b, and an s at the end) sees that hubris of eating the whole bill… nah.

Nothing to wait. Either you’re raising money or not. No ambiguity.

When Pritzker raises the money, they’ll get it. Otherwise… why raise the money at all?

57. - Real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:50 am:

Ow

Get over yourself. We will see in time period. I don’t know why you continue to rant.

58. - DarkHorse - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:52 am:

I get it why Rauner is giving Harold $1 million. I don’t get why he then says she will prosecute Madigan - that just ensures Madigan will pull out all the stops for Raoul. Plus, he then makes Harold look like a puppet.

59. - Nick Name - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:54 am:

===The Governor seems to think that winning most, if not all, downstate counties guarantees his re-election.===

In 2014 he won every county in the state except for Cook and he still barely squeaked by. I’m pretty sure he won’t have that magic this time around.

60. - Lawman - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:54 am:

Southside Chicago unemployment is “30 or 40 percent”. Guess it is taking some time for all those foreign corporations that Bruce recruited on his overseas trip to come in. Weren’t we suppose to be hearing those names that he recruited in a few weeks after his return. Time to name them, Bruce. That will take care of some of that unemployment.

61. - Grandson of Man - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:57 am:

“My grandparents lived in a double-wide trailer. I didn’t inherit a nickel.”

Class warfare, lol.

Poor Rauner, being raised in the Chicago suburbs, going to Dartmouth and Harvard and having to scratch out a living. It’s a miracle how he was able to avoid the streets.

62. - Hit or Miss - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:58 am:

===I’m giving her a million dollars which is a lot of money for me.===

In 2016, the last data I could find, Rauner had taxable income of about $91 million. A $1 million donation is a bit over 1% of his income. That is not ‘a lot of money’, on a percentage basis, to me for someone like Rauner to make.

63. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 10:59 am:

===We will see in time period. I don’t know why you continue to rant.===

Are you that person, standing with another, under an awning, rain coming down… and you turn to the other to say…

“We’ll see if it rains”

It’s raining.

I’m tired of “alternative facts”… “I interpret it…”

No. Facts are facts. You want to discuss after, fine.

Pritzker is raising money now, after saying he wouldn’t. Nothing to wait for here.

It’s raining. Pritzker is raising money. When he raises the money, then they’ll get it, otherwise, why raise money at all.

64. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:02 am:

I’d hate to think it’s interpreted that to get that Rauner million Erika Harold had to pledge to “find a way” to prosecute Madigan…

65. - hisgirlfriday - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:03 am:

Prosecute him for what?

How soon before Bruce starts leading “lock him up” chants at rallies?

Some people act like Trump is an anamoly with this authoritarian stuff because he is so vulgar and boorish, but as Rauner shows, lack of respect for the rule of law/independent legal institutions and only caring about them as a means to wield power to achieve partisan political objectives is a mainstream majority Republican position.

66. - get real - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:07 am:

Why won’t Rauner and Harold tell us what these supposed Madigan crimes are? Why r they sitting on it? Seems very unethical.

67. - Northsider (the original) - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:13 am:

Is he channeling Dr Strangelove?

68. - wordslinger - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:13 am:

–Prosecute him for what?–

HGF and others make some good points.

Rauner says he’s giving a million to an AG candidate because she will “prosecute” his political opponent.

We all cool with the that Banana Republic stuff? Perhaps some reporters could follow up and have Rauner explain his intentions more fully.

And if he attempts to speak off-script while also trying to rub his tummy, that will be extra-special hilarious. Because, that’s a lot to ask of him….

69. - Steve Rogers - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:16 am:

–I’m funding Erika Harold–

That’s a weird way to say that. Can she not fund raise on her own?

70. - DarkHorse - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:20 am:

Steve Rogers - most candidates don’t like fundraising and I sense she dislikes it more than most.

71. - Boone's is Back - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:23 am:

There’s gotta be better ways to waste money. Maybe he should’ve bought a tenth pad for that kind of scratch?

72. - DarkHorse - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:23 am:

Hit or Miss - very unfair hit on Rauner. Contributions are after-tax items, Rauner paid like 22% tax, so more like 1.5% of his income, you’re 50% off.

73. - Texas Red - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:28 am:

“We all cool with the that Banana Republic stuff?”.. having a 30 plus year Speaker/Democratic Party Chair with control of the statehouse having a daughter as AG looks like something straight out of a banana Republican as well.

74. - DarkHorse - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:38 am:

Oh, wondering - when is that $1 million going to drop? Haven’t seen it yet. For all we know, it gets spread out between now and November.

75. - Oswego Willy - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:40 am:

===…having a daughter as AG looks like something straight out of a banana Republican as well.===

What if it was a son?

Funny, I don’t recall, less Birkett, the ILGOP really taking aim at defeating Lisa Madigan.

So you absolve the ILGOP for continually ceding to Lisa Madigan part of that banana republic mentality too?

76. - Arsenal - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:43 am:

==I’m funding Erika Harold.==

the Kwame Comms Corps is currently figuring out how many times that line can fit in a 30-second spot.

77. - TominChicago - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 11:50 am:

Texas Red The AG’s office does not have authority to prosecute corruption. It has very limited prosecutorial authority. So how has Lisa’s being the AG in any way abetted her father’s alleged corruption? Moreover, the GOP has controlled the US attorney’s office for about half of the 30 years that Madigan has been in charge. Do you really think that Patrick Fitzgerald would not have indicted Madigan if there was credible evidence of corruption? Or was Fitzgerald also under Madigan’s control?

78. - wordslinger - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 12:03 pm:

–. having a 30 plus year Speaker/Democratic Party Chair with control of the statehouse having a daughter as AG looks like something straight out of a banana Republican as well.–

You’re not big on elections, I take it. I guess that’s how you end up with Nazis and Fawell loony-tunes as GOP nominees.

I also find it hilarious that the one time you try to back up something you say with a link, it goes to a page that doesn’t exist.

Keep swingin’, champ. You’re bound to foul one off, eventually.

79. - Generic Drone - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 12:18 pm:

A million dollars is alot of money for me”.

$1000 is alot of money for the rest of us.

80. - Arthur Andersen - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 12:18 pm:

Good to see the 5 day break sharpened Rauner’s focus. Not.

81. - JS Mill - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 12:26 pm:

Pritzker the gun grabber? Like he actually runs around grabbing guns? Last I checked he isn’t Governor yet.

82. - Nick Name - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 12:27 pm:

Hm. I took a look at the Attorney General Act [15 ILCS 205]. Of the fifteen duties of the AG listed in Section 4, prosecuting officers of the legislative branch isn’t one of them.

The AG may, however, “…enforce the proper application of funds appropriated to the public institutions of the State, prosecute breaches of trust in the administration of such funds…”

Gov. Gaslight: cough! step pay cough!

83. - DarkHorse - Thursday, Aug 9, 18 @ 1:30 pm:

Having just listened to the audio of Rauner’s remarks that Rich very helpfully provided, it didn’t seem clear than Rauner was goin’ to give Harold $1 million more - just that “he’s giving her $1 million), a bunch of which he’s already given. We’ll see when the check arrives.

TrackBack URI

Post your comment... And please take a half second to come up with a nickname. It makes following the posts easier for everyone... Thanks

In other words, do your best to be civilized and smart.

* Illinois rated second most likely governor's office to flip parties
* It's just a bill
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - A couple of new mailers and a fundraising list
* Rauner says "left-leaning" Chicago press is "plenty biased"
* Keep your trackers out of taverns
* "If any region should feel alienated from state government, it's the suburbanites"
* Democratic legislator files resolution condemning "scofflaw counties"
* Rauner ad gets it wrong, but Pritzker needs to end his silence
* Just a small critique
* Are the Democrats unified?
* Buttigieg delivered the best zinger of the day
* White vows to finish out sixth term
* Rauner to return to Quincy Veterans Home this weekend
* *** LIVE COVERAGE ***

* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans..
* Gov. Rauner Signs Series of Public Safety Bills.....
* Governor signs Sen. Chuck Weaver's bill on .....
* Gov. Rauner names August 17 as Traffic Fatality.....
* Gov. Rauner proclaims Traffic Fatality Awarenes.....
* Madigan court foe Gonzales backs Pritzker, says.....
* Rauner signs new FOID bill..
* Williamson Co. IL passes gun control resolution..
* Doris Kearns Goodwin coming to Springfield for .....
* Gov. Rauner signs public safety legislation..

* Officers recount arrest of suspects in student’s slaying
* Evangelicals confront sex abuse problems in #MeToo era
* US Steel to invest $750M in Gary Works plant in Indiana
* Chicago Tribune: Low-income south side housing neglected
* Late lawmaker’s husband charged in attorney’s slaying
* Railcar manufacturing plant to close in Illinois
* Railcar plant to close in Illinois
* Chicago couple makes scrapbooks to preserve history, memory
* Chicago suburb settling lawsuit over officer pinning teen
* Teens stabbed and burned 18-year-old to death, then ran over his body, Illinois police say

* Rauner signs bill to educate students about loans
* Doris Kearns Goodwin coming to Springfield for fundraiser
* Davis staffer arrested after altercation at Londrigan fundraiser
* Illinois Democrats say downstate counties can go their way
* Rauner appoints GOP official Shaw to retirement board
* Illinois Democrats talk of importance of fall elections
* AP fact check: No Pritzker plan to increase taxes 26 percent
* Rauner: 2018 election is 'one of most important' in Illinois history
* Rauner, Republicans go after Madigan, taxes
* Joe Biden ill, cancels trip to Springfield

* DuPage pushes fight for O'Hare western terminal
* United sheds punching-bag status with biggest U.S. airline rally
* Northern Trust looks to get into crypto custody
* Redbox gears up for its first major ad campaign
* Whither the Kraft Heinz ketchup packet?

* Mueller recommends no more than six months in prison for Papadopoulos
* Cuomo on his ‘inartful’ remark: ‘Of course America is great’
* Justice lawyers try to halt Trump financial records release
* Trump warns he’ll revoke clearance of Justice Dept. official
* 3-year-old boy among several wounded in Englewood shooting
* Flowers, candles; sidewalk shrine for woman fatally shot in West Englewood home
* Teenager shot himself in the head as officers chased him in Lawndale: police
* Mel Reynolds’ prison gripe: Treated like ‘animal’ — blames ‘Trump people’
* Man shot in Little Village
* Anderson holding head high for White Sox

* White House drafts more clearance cancellations demanded by Trump
* Trump administration is stopping funding for Syria reconstruction efforts
* Mueller prosecutors say prison is optional for George Papadopoulos in Russia probe
* Police: Boy, 3, among 7 shot in West Englewood during single attack; teen shoots self in head after police pursuit
* The 2018 Chicago Air and Water Show
* 14-year-old in 'extremely critical' condition after trying to swim Lake Michigan channel: Waukegan fire official
* Kyle Schwarber's HR springs Cubs to 1-0 lead after 1 hour, 47 minute rain delay
* Cupich responds to Pennsylvania sexual abuse report: Catholic Church ‘grievously failed’ victims
* Jurors hear of gang rivalry to explain motive behind Hadiya's slaying
* With Cubs clinging to NL Central lead, their rotation remains in a state of flux

» New Law To Address Police Officers' Mental Health

* Eugene Robinson: All hail the queen
* Our View: An unfortunate political encounter
* Davis staffer arrested after altercation at Londrigan fundraiser
* Illinois Democrats say downstate counties can go their way
* Rauner appoints GOP official Shaw to retirement board
* Illinois Democrats talk of importance of fall elections

* MidState Soccer celebrates past, present and future during 'milestone celebration'
* Taste of C-U 2018
* Illinois football 2018
* Sessions, in Iowa, laments federal judges’ rulings against administration
* Decatur Korean War veteran receives Combat Medic badge during surprise ceremony
* Former Congressman Leonard Boswell has died
* Carbondale to force vacation rental websites to provide address of all rentals in city
* Carbondale man faces federal charges of conspiracy to deal more than 50 grams of meth
* UI Football Camp 2018: Day 13
* Marion man gets 3 years in federal prison for possessing gun after felony conviction

* ECC's backpack fair benefits about 2,000 students this year
* Gurnee man charged with car burglary
* Scouting Libertyville: High expectations, low-key approach for Wildcats
* Davis Webb bounces back and helps Giants beat Lions 30-17
* Scouting Mundelein: Mustangs are making numerical strides

* Democrats Are Only Backing 3 Black Women o...
* Hultgren said election security starts wit...
* Rep. Hultgren says America's 'immi...
* Pelosi Talks of 'Bridge' to New Le...
* Pelosi, Under Threat in Her Own Party, Say...
* Don't Invite Me to a Party if It's...
* 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Director on...
* Ant-Man and the Wasp: How Those Post-Credi...
* What if Nancy Pelosi Doesn't Have the ...
* Knox County GOP neutral on Fawell

* Norris Perne & French Llp Has Lowered ......
* Pritzker calls for infrastructure bill in ......
* Rauner is running away from his record – a......
* Pritzker promises to help improve Decatur,......
* Pritzker Determined To Bring Blue Wave To ......

* Sen. Tammy Duckworth On How Her Dau......
* Durbin, Duckworth support Trump's Cent......
* John Milhiser nominated to be US attorney...

* What if A.I. is coming for jobs faster than we thought?
* LMS market after Blackboard-Moodle breakup
* Building Tomorrow’s Talent: Collaboration Can Close Emerging Skills Gap
* Colleges and Universities Woo Once-Overlooked Transfer Students
* 10 Ways That Edtech Has Transformed Libraries
* Panicked universities in search of students are adding thousands of new majors
* The Week In Chicago Rock
* Our Aretha
* Classic Rock Concert Saturday Night At Buena Park Circle
* Hutchinson Mansion Sidewalk Tours Return On Saturday

* Bicentennial announces plans for Aug. 26th Constitution Day
* Gov. Rauner proclaims Traffic Fatality Awareness Day, urges public's help in making Illinois roads safer
* Illinois Department of Human Rights Honors "Dream Builders"
* Gov. Rauner signs public safety legislation
* Illinois Payrolls Up for Sixth Straight Month

* Tesla eyes cost savings so it can make $25,000 cars in three years, Elon Musk tells MKBHD
* Huawei nova 3 goes on open sale on August 23, nova 3i Iris Purple on August 21
* ZTE is officially back, may announce Axon 9 at IFA 2018
* Valve unveils its Twitch competitor Steam TV
* iPhone X + Huawei P20 = Motorola P30 | #PNWeekly 318
* The company’s all cold, but the HTC U12+ is flamin’ hot
* Samsung Brazil caught passing stock photos as Galaxy A8 camera samples

* Williams has full confidence in Renteria, staff
* White Sox MiLB Report: Michael Kopech Continues Dominating T...
* White Sox reinstate Leury Garcia from DL
* Eloy Jimenez has White Sox fans eager for MLB debut
* Suspended catcher Welington Castillo working his way back to Whi...
* White Sox catcher Welington Castillo to begin rehab assignme...
* Hawk: I Did It My Way