* This is from a few days ago, but I kept forgetting to post it…
Since Sept. 1, Pritzker has aired 20,199 ads on TV, and Rauner has shown 16,726 ads, according to figures provided by Advertising Analytics, which tracks ad buys. […]
But the numbers from the race between Hultgren and Underwood may be the most striking according to Advertising Analytics.
Since Sept. 1, Underwood has outspent Hultgren three-to-one: She spent $4.4 million to his $1.4 million. Just as striking is that Underwood’s campaign and Democratic support committees are responsible for 93 percent of the ads that have been on television in that race, 3,577 by Underwood and just 257 by Hultgren.
If Republican voters could sue for political malpractice, Randy Hultgren would be penniless after this election - even if he wins.
Also, Gov. Rauner has been complaining about being outspent by $100 million, but that money has obviously gone into stuff other than TV ads.
* Hultgren Launches 11th Hour Attack on Underwood
* Hultgren questions Underwood’s nursing experience as poll puts her ahead
* Randy Hultgren questions Lauren Underwood’s nursing credentials
* 14th Congressional District candidate Underwood galvanizes supporters before Election Day