* Press release…
Public Health Officials Announce 25,636 New Cases of Coronavirus Disease Over the Past Week
Almost 78% of Illinois adults have received at least one vaccine dose and 61% are fully vaccinated
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today reported 25,636 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 174 additional deaths since reporting last Friday, August 20, 2021. Almost 78% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and 61% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,508,005 cases, including 23,889 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois. The age of cases ranges from younger than one to older than 100 years. Since reporting on Friday, August 20, 2021, laboratories have reported 495,608 specimens for a total of 28,568,305. As of last night, 2,240 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 500 patients were in the ICU and 253 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from August 20-26, 2021 is 5.2%. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from August 20-26, 2021 is 5.7%. However, regional 7-day test positivity averages range from 4.1% to 10.6%. http://www.dph.illinois.gov/regionmetrics?regionID=11.
A total of 13,914,213 vaccines have been administered in Illinois as of last midnight. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is 24,056 doses. Since reporting on Friday, August 20, 2021, 168,391 doses were reported administered in Illinois.
*All data are provisional and will change. Additional information and COVID-19 data can be found at http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19.
Vaccination is the key to ending this pandemic. To find a COVID-19 vaccination location near you, go to www.vaccines.gov.
* Pritzker’s COVID-19 vaccine requirement for teachers arrives amid school outbreaks, hundreds of possible exposures
* Carrier Mills-Stonefort schools cancel classes due to positive COVID-19 cases
* Hoffman Estates Park District mandates COVID-19 vaccination for full-time workers
* Chicago Teachers Union says ‘CPS is not ready’ for Monday’s start of school, has rolled back COVID safety measures
* Chicago mom loses her 12-year-old boy to COVID: ‘It’s too hard, and I miss my son’
* Get Police Vaccinated - And prison guards, and jail workers, and anyone else charged with protecting the public’s safety.
* Liberty University announces campus-wide quarantine amid COVID-19 surge
* Frerichs says pandemic has ‘forged creativity’