*** UPDATED x1 *** State Rep. candidate lashes out at Sharia Law

Tuesday, Oct 8, 2013

* Richard Chapman is running to replace Rep. Tom Cross in the Illinois House. Chapman’s palm card shows a smiling face on one side

* On the other side, however, Chapman rants about the state borrowing from the Chinese and then unveils his four-point plan. Pay special attention to number four

I wasn’t aware that the imposition of Sharia Law was a big problem in Illinois.

Golly, I sure am glad we have “common sense” candidates like Mr. Chapman around to teach us.

*** UPDATE *** Mr. Chapman wrote a book called “2084-When God Blessed America Again.” From Amazon

2084-When God Blessed America Again is a gripping story of a man and a woman who grew up under the iron fist of Islamic law in the United States of Islam, formerly known as the United States of America.

By sheer force of will and population redistribution, the Islamic faith has now become the controlling force that dominates approximately 80 percent of the world’s populations.

James and Gwen, the two main characters, are raised in separate parts of the country. Each suffer through horrible family events brought on by the oppressive society, and each has sworn revenge! By totally separate circumstances, they find themselves in Alaska, one of the few areas of the globe that a person can live in “relative” freedom. They eventually find each other in the wilderness along with a group of people who also cherish the idea of freedom.

I’m gonna rush right out and buy it.

1. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:22 pm:

This is great.

I go from golf balls to tin foil hats…

Maybe I should send him … a putter… a nice golf bag…

To the Post,

2. - OneMan - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:23 pm:

But OW have you heard of this guy? I haven’t…

3. - Carl Nyberg - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:24 pm:

The GOP can’t keep manipulating the rubes with lies without the rubes acting if the lies are the truth.

And the GOP is so full of cowards, no one will stand up and tell the chumps they’ve been chumped.

4. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:25 pm:

I think Pension Reform might resonate with Illinois Conservatives in Two-Putt’s district more in this climate then Shiara Law, but could be “just me” in the District…

5. - Lobo Y Olla - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:27 pm:

I’ve been hanging around criminal courts for years… there is no such movement in Cook County. Even in communities heavily populated by Muslims. Nope, no Sharia law in Bridgeview.

6. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:27 pm:

I had to hit the “Search” key, - OneMan -, but I hope to see and hear more, my tin foil hat needs more wear-time…

7. - slow down - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:29 pm:

SAdly, this is today’s republican party

8. - AFSCME Steward - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:29 pm:

But if we do get Sharia law, we could cane Madigan, Blago, Quinn & a whole lot more. Would sure make things interesting.

9. - Concerned Observer - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:30 pm:

This is how you lose a voter.

Saturday, I was at Culver’s on 55, flipping through the latest Romeoville Bugle (or maybe it was the Joliet whatever-it-is), and I noticed a re-written press release that Mr. Chapman, the mayor of Shorewood, was running to replace Tom Cross.

“Hm,” sez I. “Shorewood’s in pretty good shape. And I’ll probably pull the GOP primary ballot. Maybe I’ll vote for this guy.”

Then I see this.

10. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:30 pm:

The guy should run in Missouri. He’d fit right in.

11. - OneMan - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:31 pm:

Interesting there is no web site on the palm card. The mayor of Shorewood goes by Rick Chapman, google him and you can judge if it is the same guy or not.

12. - Demoralized - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:32 pm:

Sharia Law is overtaking our country. Who knew.

How can he go from legitimate points in 1, 2 and 3 and then go totally off the deep end in number 4? He only makes himself look like a total loon.

13. - Capitol View - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:32 pm:

a law passed about ten years ago that food labeled for Muslims had to be appropriately prepared - a direct parallel statute to the kosher food labeling law for observant Jews. That Muslim standard is set out in sharia law.

So guess what — sharia law is already acknowledged by the Illinois statutes!

14. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:33 pm:

He’s a writer too. It’s getting worse and worse.

15. - OneMan - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:33 pm:

Wow… The kindle version in not too much, less than $4 but I am more worried about the recommendations that I would get from Amazon afterwards.

16. - AFSCME Steward - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:37 pm:

Actually Missouri rejected the neandrethal candidate that won the GOP nomination for U.S. Senate in the last election. Turned a safe GOP seat over to the Dems.

“The guy should run in Missouri. He’d fit right in.”

17. - Bill White - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:40 pm:

=== He’s a writer too. It’s getting worse and worse. ===

The sequel should be “A Cross to Bear”

18. - Bill White - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:41 pm:

Did Tom Cross have a replacement in mind when he decided to run for Treasurer or was that a detail to be decided later?

19. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:42 pm:

AS, last session, the Missouri legislature passed an anti-Sharia law, as well as nullification of federal gun laws in the state and something about the United Nations seizing private property in the state.

20. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:42 pm:

- Bill White -,

We golfed, we talked. That really is all I can go into right now…

21. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:48 pm:

If you “believe” what you are writing, does that make it non-fiction, but still could be sold as fantasy?

(Pause, whisper)

I miss Tom.

22. - Bluefish - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:51 pm:

Fifty-plus years ago people like this feared the Catholics were taking over and we’d all take our marching orders from the Pope. Guess this brand of paranoia runs in cycles.

23. - MrJM - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:52 pm:

What is this common sense conservative Republican’s position on the looming threat of ghosts and boogitymen?

– MrJM

24. - OneMan - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:55 pm:

Somewhat seriously… If this is what we are offering locally now (it was easy to dismiss this as out of state stuff) I think I am done with being a Republican…

25. - Bill White - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:55 pm:

Are there any Democrats in Oswego, Willy? Any at all?

Also too, I liked this from the book trailer:

“2084 is filled with intrigue, war, and romance. Not a book for the weak of heart!”

26. - Last Bull Moose - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 2:56 pm:

I lived under Sharia law for two years. Don’t recommend it.
    This guy might like parts of it. Zakat (tax) was 2.5 percent. Observed homosexual acts were a chopping offense (no gaymarriage issues). Like I said, don’t recommend.

27. - Nearly Normal - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:04 pm:

28. - Nearly Normal - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:05 pm:

Or, OMA for Allah!

29. - Old and In The Way - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:05 pm:

Vote for Common Sense? Reminds me of the John Prine song, “That common sense don’t make no sense no more.”

The Wing Nut wing of the Republican Party!

30. - Skeeter - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:08 pm:

He may not be right about Sharia, but darn sure he’s right about foreign law being applicable in our courts.

For way too long, American courts have felt obligated to follow “the common law of England.” Frankly, that’s been the case for over 200 years!

Yet the Tea Partiers never say a word!

The law of a foreign country! In the United States of America!

You would think they would be outraged.

I, for one, am tired of some English people telling good Americans what to do!

Who is with me? Let’s stand up to these foreigners controlling our courts!

31. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:09 pm:

Well, - Bill White -,

“We had one of them Democrats ’round these parts about 5 or 6 years ago. word was he left when all those hippies went west to form a commune, but hadn’t seen one in the flesh in a while …”

Yes, we have Democrats.

Kendall County itself has Linda Holmes and Stephanie Kifowin in the county and I am sure tom’s district has Democrats, but the drawn district would be tough for a Dem … unless their yard signs are also in Arabic, but I digress …

32. - AFSCME Steward - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:11 pm:

There are now

“Are there any Democrats in Oswego, Willy? Any at all?”

33. - Spliff - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:11 pm:

Wow, that could be a fun race to watch.

34. - Empty Chair - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:12 pm:

No one has pointed out his spelling errors?

35. - Highland, Il - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:12 pm:

A future member of the Common Sense Caucus.

36. - Sunshine - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:13 pm:

I do like his other points. As for me, I’m learning to appreciate the Chinese culture and their food.

37. - Skeeter - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:15 pm:

Could somebody explain to Chapman the difference between “insure” and “ensure”?

38. - Snucka - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:19 pm:

It’s taken Christianity over 2,000 years to reach approximately 32% of the world population. If Islam can go from about 20% to 80% in a period of 70 years, even I (an atheist) would count myself impressed.

39. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:22 pm:

his overall theme starts out great: lower taxes, fix pensions, create jobs.

then the tea bag drops. why can’t they just use a code word, like say “maverick”, instead of going all medieval.

40. - Snucka - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:22 pm:

==Wouldn’t want to look back in ten years and learn that this fellow was right. I can’t speak to the Sharia Law risk to the US, but sure wouldn’t want it here.==
    I also wouldn’t want to live under Nazi law or be ruled by the Confederacy of Vulcan. There are actually an almost countless list of things I “don’t want here”. Some are just more plausible than others.

41. - Norseman - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:22 pm:

Amazing. Another kook comes out of the woodwork to run as a Republican. Unfortunately, the extremists in the party have made it attractive for these types to feel at home.

42. - Chicago Cynic - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:23 pm:

Paranoia - “baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.”

Yup - that about sums it up. Wow.

43. - Federalist - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:23 pm:

Have not a clue as to what you mean.

44. - NW Illinois Democrat - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:26 pm:

I don’t think JCAR or any other state executive or legislative committee or agency operates under “Sharia Law” … but that won’t stop the paranoid, far right from trying to run on that platform … I hear it all the time on talk radio … This is straight out of central casting for the Glenn Beck show

45. - Big Muddy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:26 pm:

Ives will love working with this guy.
    /too soon?/

46. - Bill White - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:32 pm:

“. . . If we try to change any programs the state union will get mad . . . ”

There is only one union, the state union.

47. - Publius - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:33 pm:

Hey, i can live with foreign laws. The state of Louisiana bases its laws on the Napoleanic Code in part. And New Oleans is a fun place. Let the good times roll!

48. - grand old partisan - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:37 pm:

It’s worth noting that Mr. Chapman is not the only announced candidate for this seat. Mark Batinick is also running. He was the GOP nominee for Will County Assessor last fall. He lost, which is undoubtedly a strike against him, but he outperformed the rest of the county GOP ticket against an incumbent in strongly Dem year, coming up only about 10k votes short out of over 250k cast.

49. - Langhorne - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:45 pm:

Isnt anyone running on requiring a “forensic audit” of state govt this cycle? That was the mantra and cure all a couple cycles ago.

50. - Dave V - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:45 pm:

So if I believed this was happening, why is it only the 4th priority.

51. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:45 pm:

===I can’t speak to the Sharia Law risk to the US, but sure wouldn’t want it here.===

Don’t knock it until you try it, Sunshine. For instance, you could borrow to buy a house or a car at 0% interest.

52. - Jorge - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:49 pm:

Wow….I can’t wait for what other laughs this guy will bring on the campaign trail. I hope he gets an endorsement from O’Donnell.

53. - LincolnLounger - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:50 pm:

@Slow Down: SAdly, this is today’s republican party

These folks are NOT Republicans. They have complete contempt for the Republican Party and merely use it as a vehicle. Until enough of us stand up and start participating in primaries, it’s going to be Groundhog Day over and over again.

54. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:50 pm:

Well, at least the Pension Problem rated the #2 priority, that’s exciting …right?

(whisper) I miss Tom.

55. - Just Me - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:51 pm:

By all means, vote for common sense.

56. - dupage dan - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:55 pm:

This has to be a joke, right? I think this guy is “Borat” in costume. Jokes on us, right?

57. - ChrisB - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:56 pm:

So this would be the equivalent of a LaRouchie running as a Democrat? From the errors on his card, that sounds about right.

58. - Statey McGrady - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:57 pm:

Wow… Bonkers… This guy should have his own radio show. I’d definitely listen

59. - Lil Squeezy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:58 pm:

I heard women in Cook County already have to wear head scarves. Never been there, but the person who told me has no reason to lie.

60. - dupage dan - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 3:59 pm:

47th Ward - actually, that is one of the serious downsides for many in the Islamic world. Loaning money is not acceptable if one charges interest. You can imagine where capital comes from for business start ups, etc. Unless your relative loans you the money with no interest there is little movement of capital.

61. - Soccermom - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:00 pm:

47th — Actually, sharia law includes some strategies that allow lenders to make money on home mortgages and other large purchases, through a rather complex sale and resale provision.

62. - Norseman - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:03 pm:

=== Isn’t anyone running on requiring a “forensic audit” of state govt this cycle? That was the mantra and cure all a couple cycles ago. ===

Those were the good old days. :)

63. - Boone's is Back - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:05 pm:

You cropped out the rest of the palm card Rich. It read:

5. Make the leprechaun Mike Madigan stop hiding tax payers’ gold in the state capitol.

6. Find the Rosenberg’s children and stop them from carrying out their parent’s evil plan.

7. Fund a state project to dig up the middle of soldier field because Hoffa’s body is buried there.

8. Pass a state resolution to impeach Obama because I know where his real birth certificate is hidden. (Hint: It’s not in Hawaii)

64. - Robert the Bruce - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:08 pm:

Apparently Oklahoma tried Mr. Chapman’s idea, and 70% of Oklahomans agreed with it(!), but the courts said no.

I hope Illinois’ republican primary voters in his district don’t resemble general election Oklahoma voters.

65. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:10 pm:

Fred: And who is the one that has been sneaking around scaring all the voters?

(Scooby-Doo shows the card to ALL)

All: May-or Chap-man!

Champman: And I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for these meddling commenters.

66. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:12 pm:

===resemble general election Oklahoma voters.===

Depends. How late was I out the night before?

67. - RMW Stanford - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:13 pm:

DuPage Dan is correct in that the Sharia ban on interest harms economics growth in some Muslim Countries. Anyone worried about Sharia law in the US is delusional, to say the least. As for his book, I think just reading the description killed a few of my brain cells

68. - Jorge - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:16 pm:

Lil Squeezy….I’ve been told the earth is flat by people who had no reason to lie….just sayin…

69. - Publius - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:18 pm:

Interestingly, there are over 250,000 Muslims in the south suburbs. There are more Muslims in Chicagoland than Jews.

70. - otoh - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:20 pm:

He’s definitely Rick Chapman Mayor of Shorewood.
    Note he’s wearing his favorite tie in both pics.

71. - Former State Employee - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:30 pm:

YIKES! Someone give this guy a chill pill

72. - Ahoy! - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:34 pm:

Thank god someone is out there fighting against Sharia Law. It’s not a threat until you’re overly paranoid about it.

73. - Springfield Wesite - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:36 pm:

Wait - So this guy wrote the Hunger Games?

74. - Obamas Puppy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:38 pm:

Are you sure that this guy is not Mr. January on the lllinois Policy Institute 2014 calendar?

75. - AFSCME Steward - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:45 pm:

Caption ?

Prozac is a communist plot. Of course I skipped my dose.

76. - Lil Squeezy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:48 pm:

Jorge- I had no idea the earth was flat. You learn something new everyday.

77. - Jimmy CrackCorn - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:49 pm:

Of the four Amazon reviews, there were three singing Chapman’s praises for being a truth-telling patriot. Then there was this gem:

Got me to thinkin’
    By otto skorzeny on February 5, 2013
    Format: Hardcover
    I’m glad I read this book- I’ll be keeping an eye on those dudes that own the local Dunkin’ Donuts AND continue work on my mountain retreat/compound in Alaska(I’m calling it Eagle’s Nest). I just hope our govt gets enough drones in the air over the US soon to be able to look into everyone’s windows to make sure the terrorists don’t win-I would hate to give up our freedoms to Al Qaeda.

78. - Ruby - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:54 pm:

Republicans like Richard Chapman are the reason Illinois is becoming a one party state.

God Bless America, indeed, Mr. Chapman!

79. - Bill White - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:56 pm:

Heck of a job, Tom Cross, at recruiting your own replacement.

80. - frustrated GOP - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 4:57 pm:

I guess they had to replace anti-imigration with something. why not Sharia law. Please tell me someone else is running anyone. This is the district that elected hang ‘em high Ed Petka.

81. - Excessively Rabid - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 5:00 pm:

Belated QOTD: What if Capitol Fax was governed by Sharia?

82. - Lil Squeezy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 5:01 pm:

This guy is serving his 3rd term as mayor of Shorewood.

83. - Excessively Rabid - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 5:02 pm:

Sharia: Dogs are unclean. (No ____, Sherlock). So Oscar would be banned for life or at least have to wear a headscarf.

84. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 5:04 pm:

===Isn’t candidate recruitment part of the job description of the IL House GOP chair?===

You sound worried like this guy could be your actual, own, state Rep …

My fear now is that his District Office will be a ComCon, with all these 2084 “Characters” working there:

“Mezmo”, “the worry wort” handling Senior issues…

“Drufkin” “the wise” handling education, policy, and legislation…

and …”Jip-Jip” the silly, handling festivals and outreach …

Yep, being a constituent will be a challenge.

85. - Bill White - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 5:06 pm:

=== You sound worried like this guy could be your actual, own, state Rep …===

My rep is Sandack . . .

86. - otoh - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 5:23 pm:

…so he has his own problems…

87. - Tony Fremarek - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 5:37 pm:

There is another candidate in the race. His name is Mark Batinick. He was narrowly defeated by an iconic name and potential 2014 statewide candidate Duffy Blackburn in the Will County Auditor’s race in 2012. He was the top Republican county-wide vote-getter. He is a bit of a policy wonk and has a strong ground game.

88. - Arthur Andersen - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 6:05 pm:

Willy, not too late to run against this kook.

89. - David0316 - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 6:12 pm:

OMG - I checked the Shorewood Village website. The website lists Rick Chapman as Village President and the photo is the same as the one on the palm card. It only proves the old axiom: Beware of political jokes, sometimes they get elected

90. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 6:14 pm:

- AA -,

I think I am going to follow in the footsteps of my idol Jason Plummer and just run statewide out of the box…

91. - Yellow Dog Democrat - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 6:14 pm:

If common sense were common,
    we would just call it ’sense’.

92. - Yellow Dog Democrat - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 6:18 pm:

BTW, I think it is actually more noteworthy that a self-proclaimed “conservative” suburban candidate is calling for phasing in pension reform and fairness to workers and retirees.

93. - Bill White - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 6:37 pm:

Except that defined contribution plans such as 401k are huge budget busters as we close out the legacy retirees.

94. - OLD BRASS - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 7:35 pm:

WELL…if he is unsuccessful at the State level, maybe he could fill in one of the two (should be) vacant Illinois Congressional seats after our two Reps were arrested today.

What fine examples we have in Washington….

95. - Just Me - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 10:29 pm:

Just what the Republicans need: another angry, rich, white guy.

96. - SAP - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 10:53 pm:

I can’t believe that he forgot to include Defend Illinois from the Impending Drell Invasion.

97. - Six Degrees of Separation - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 11:01 pm:

The way to pass Sharia law is to call it “Sharia’s Law” - then everyone will think it is a feel-good proposition and the right thing to do, and let’s not forget about poor Sharia.

98. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Oct 8, 13 @ 11:06 pm:

You’d think this insidious Muslim plot to impose Sharia law on the United States would rank higher than #4 on the priority list.

There’s a fever upon the land.

I think over the last 12 years or so some have been shaken so severely by 9/11, rising income disparity, two confusing wars, a devastating, lingering economic crash, loss of home equity and the black dude getting elected twice that they’ve lost their moorings.

Way past time to get over all of it and get real. The idea that we have it tougher than those came before us is vain and weak. Sober up, get your big brains working, employ some common sense and we’ll do better than muddle through, we’ll thrive.

99. - Midstate Indy - Wednesday, Oct 9, 13 @ 1:39 am:

This is the kinda stuff that makes me wanna pick up Oswego Willy & head over to my local ‘Jason Plummer for nobody cares what’ rally…it would actually make more sense…

100. - Yossarian Lives - Wednesday, Oct 9, 13 @ 2:33 am:

Skeeter -

If mixing up “insure” and “ensure” were the only linguistic problem with his palm card, he’d be doing great…

101. - OneMan - Wednesday, Oct 9, 13 @ 7:07 am:

== Please explain your comment: Having spent time in Oswego I can tell you that is the #4 issue facing the area….

Have not a clue as to what you mean. ==

Trying to be funny and failing apparently (it is not an issue there)

102. - Yellow Dog Democrat - Wednesday, Oct 9, 13 @ 7:30 am:

@Wordslinger -

Where there’s a will, there is a way.

After the public came to largely accept that segregation was a bad idea, conservatives withdrew from the battlelines and established a new perimeter to combat “racial quotas” and “welfare queens.”

Now that America has largely rejected the notion of internment camps for Muslim Americans, conservatives have withdrawn and are rallying the troops around Sharia Law.

The Constitution - like the Bible, Koran or Darwin - can be used as a faulty premise by any Wing Nut with an ideology they’d like to impose.

That said, don’t count this one out. Stranger things have happened in primaries.

PS: I feel like I ought to send Leader Durkin a card. With Cross running statewide, turnout is likely to be huge in this race, and the primary could easily cost Durkin $50K or more that he just does not have.

103. - Oak Tree - Wednesday, Oct 9, 13 @ 7:32 am:

Take heart—There is a young man on the Republican ticket running for state representative in the 97th by the name of Mark Batinick. He is intelligent, uses common sense, and will not beholden to anyone should he be elected. Mark Batinick will represent those characteristics in an elected official that all Illinois voters would like to see exhibited. There is noting “nutty” about Mark except that he is willing to subject himself to the grueling campaign and election process in order to improve Illinois state government for the rest of us. He won’t embarass us. He is a businessman who is a fiscal conservative as well as a compassionate social conservative. Nothing radical but just exercises good sound judgement. He is also a big believer in representing “all of the people” rather than just a few special interest groups..

104. - OneMan - Wednesday, Oct 9, 13 @ 8:27 am:

Have to say Batinick had awesome signs for whatever he ran for last time…

105. - the Cardinal - Wednesday, Oct 9, 13 @ 3:30 pm:

Sleepy Tom Cross should have orchestrated a replacement WTH.

* Kirk's debate comment called "racist" and "despicable"
* Aldermen behaving badly
* Exelon Caught In $1.4 Billion Tax Dodge - While Making $841 Million In Quarterly Profits
* Illinois Policy Institute claims AFSCME rejecting offers that would benefit state workers
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Durbin "has the support" to stay in Senate leadership slot
* I don't think this is gonna work as planned
* More like this, please
* Rauner doesn't escape this time
* One of the best ads of 2016
* Asbestos lawyers launch high-dollar ad campaign in appellate race
* Back to the drawing board
* Proft on GOP, Trump and Madigan
* As usual, the blowhard walks it back
* *** UPDATED x1 - LIVE VIDEO *** Kirk taking page from Trump debate playbook
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition

* Huawei Mate 9 teased as ‘a step ahead’ in battery life, camera prowess, processor speed
* Samsung’s smartphone vendor dominance unchallenged in Q3, OPPO closed the gap to Huawei
* Google Assistant gains IFTTT support for dozens of custom voice commands
* Of course the new MacBook Pro requires a special adapter or cable to pair with iPhone 7
* Nintendo Switch reportedly sports 6.2-inch touchscreen, more official details coming January 12
* Google Pixel root achieved, Bluetooth pairing issues widely reported
* Pushbullet supports Allo messaging from PC

* Unlike some, White Sox still remember 2005
* Eaton named Gold Glove Award finalist
* One possible White Sox future playing out in Toronto
* pnoles' offseason plan
* Three times the 2005 White Sox never happened on Monday
* White Sox developing promising OF prospects
* Josh Nelson's Offseason Plan

* Rauner Republicans face challenges turning Madi.....
* The Wemstroms: Illinois needs solutions that he.....
* State economic development leader pays visit - .....

* CTA to run vintage car in advance of Cubs' Series games
* EXCHANGE: She got polio as a baby, now on way to stardom
* Police evict oil pipeline protesters from private land
* AP News Guide: Pipeline activists swept off private property
* Latest: More than 100 arrests as pipeline protesters moved
* Researchers see bat populations decline in Illinois
* Police evict oil pipeline protesters from private land
* Man cleared in 6-year-old's death gets innocence certificate
* Chicago aldermen blast ethics ban on face-value Cubs tickets

* Bobcat hunting opponents seek permits, won't use them
* Opponents emerge against Illinois road fund ballot question
* Feds end lease with Illinois for state park, citing neglect
* Statehouse Insider: Tomorrow's a new day; in Illinois, that may not be good
* Cook County lawyer who posed as judge criminally charged
* 1,100 non-union state workers getting $3,016 bonuses
* Springfield veteran honored for volunteer work
* Central Illinois soldier killed in Afghanistan
* Rauner administration awarding more than $3 million in bonuses to non-union workers
* SIU injury-prevention program reinstated through stopgap budget

* Boeing CEO's goals don't stop at interplanetary travel
* Mammoth energy bill emerges as clock ticks on nuke closures
* Best new steakhouses 2016
* Collectors champing at the bit for champion Cubs collectibles
* George Lucas unveils designs for L.A.-based Museum of Narrative Art

* Obama guidance, press schedule Oct. 28, 2016. Orlando for Hillary
* Man shot on Eisenhower exit ramp near West Garfield Park
* Driver charged in Milwaukee crash that killed 3 Chicago women
* Man shot on Lake Shore Drive near Grant Park
* Madigan addresses voters confused by mail-in ballots
* 2 killed, 9 wounded in Thursday shootings across Chicago
* 3 shot in Logan Square drive-by
* Dear Abby: Daughter, 5 kids abruptly move in
* Georgia Nicols horoscopes for Oct. 28, 2016
* Metra schedules to be impacted by work on UP lines

* Rauner Republicans face challenges turning Madigan attacks into results
* Morning Spin: $116K-a-year Chicago alderman apologizes for crying poor on Cubs playoff tickets
* 1 dead, 9 wounded in city shootings
* Filipino mayor among 10 dead in gun battle with anti-drug police
* More aggressive Kirk goes after Duckworth in second debate, questions her family's heritage
* Jimmy Butler scores 24 as Bulls top Celtics 105-99 in season opener
* Putin's chaos strategy is coming back to bite him
* How the Kremlin responds to hacks: Deny, deny, deny
* Bulls' Dwyane Wade comes home, opens season with great fanfare

The widget AQL4JYGHIY powered by Feed Informer does not exist.

* Our View: U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis deserves third term
* John Bouman: We all suffer from Illinois' budget crisis
* Eugene Robinson: Hillary Clinton is blazing a momentous trail
* George Will: Republican Party needs to revert to nominating Republicans
* Bernard Schoenburg: 9 on Sangamon County Board opt out of pension system
* Bobcat hunting opponents seek permits, won't use them
* Opponents emerge against Illinois road fund ballot question
* Our Opinion: LaHood endorsed in 18th Congressional District
* Leroy Jordan: Race Riot site must be preserved, taught to students
* E.J. Dionne: Trump is not a GOP aberration

* Top of the Morning, Oct. 28, 2016
* Rick's Six: Great weather, Wrigley trivia, football playoffs and begging times
* 6 percent of Illinois’ 8M registered voters already cast ballots
* Traffic alert: Semi crash on I-80 in Scott County
* Clarissa Cook: 10 years of serving life
* Church breaks ground on regional Catholic school
* Herrin Hospital is adding a new surgical suite
* Rev. Dorothy Cook
* Earl 'Bud' James
* Betty Broadway

* Tollway directors reject staff recommendation, won't renew engineering firm's contract
* Dawn Patrol: Cubs fired up as World Series finally returns to Wrigley
* Kuznetsova loses to Muguruza, still wins group at WTA Finals
* Arsenal loses Lucas Perez for up to 8 weeks
* Hong Kong regulators probe UBS on initial public offerings

* House lawmakers overcome hurdle on key tra...
* Rodney Davis talks funding with Bloomingto...
* The agency that fought Illiana gets a new ...
* Rep. Dold takes educational cruise down Ch...
* Lawmakers decry high turnover rate of VA h...
* CBD Oil, and politics
* Simon considering state Senate bid
* Killer Congressman Tom MacArthur trying to...
* Shutdown? State may not notice
* Rep. Bob Dold

* Durbin visits 'extraordinary' Lake County ......

* Sen. Mark Kirk questions opponent's Americ......
* US Senate candidates in Illinois spar over......
* US Senate candidates in Illinois spar over......
* Sen. Mark Kirk ribs Democratic Rep. Tammy ......
* GOP Sen. Kirk Mocks Mixed-Race Heritage Of......

* “The Driver’s Side” – News From The Motorist’s Perspective
* Chicago Groups Skeptical Of CPS Borrowing Plan For School Construction
* Certain Cook County Suburbs Want To Opt Out Of $13 Minimum Wage
* Matter of ethics? Or ugly aldermen taking space from Hollywood glitter
* Ex-Illinois Congressman Says He Will Grab His Musket If Trump Loses
* Chicago Protesters Press Walmart To Stop Selling Trump Merchandise
* Really Kirk....
* Gooseberry Playlot Nears Completion On Malden
* Riviera Lofts Ready To Lease At Lawrence & Broadway
* Thorner: Mark Levin's case for an Article V Convention challenged

* Don’t be a Ghoul, Don’t Drink and Drive - Police throughout Illinois step up patrols for Halloween weekend
* Honoring Illinois' Fallen - United States and State flags at half-staff from Sunrise, Saturday, October 29, 2016 until Sunset, Monday, October 31, 2016.
* 25th Annual HIV/STD Conference - Celebrating Success, Shaping the Future - Sexually Transmitted Diseases increase while HIV decreases
* Workers’ Comp Commission Updates Technology at No Cost to Taxpayer - Another step in Rauner Administration’s modernization of state government
* Governor’s Children’s Cabinet Makes Lead Poisoning Prevention A Priority - October 23-30, 2016 - National Lead Poisoning Prevention Week