*** UPDATED x2 - Rutherford weighs in - Brady calls Quinn, Rauner “out of touch” on minimum wage *** Dillard says “marketplace” should decide minimum wage

Wednesday, Jan 8, 2014

* Bruce Rauner may, depending on the day, want to lower the minimum wage by a dollar an hour, but Sen. Kirk Dillard says he wants the “marketplace” to decide what the minimum wage should be. To me, at least, that sounds like he wants no statutory minimum wage at all.

Audio courtesy of John Gregory at the Illinois Radio Network…

The quote, in case you can’t listen to audio files at work…

“I am a, what I guess is known as a Jeffersonian free market principle guy. And I believe that the marketplace ought to set everything, including the minimum wage.”

Dillard also said he was against raising the minimum wage because it would cost jobs. Then he added this…

“The people who push for it in Springfield generally are Chicago legislators, minority legislators. But it really hurts the minority community because they’ll have fewer jobs for those in the minority community that those who try to push these things through the legislature are really trying to help.”

* By the way, John at IRN also shared the full Bruce Rauner audio where the candidate said unequivocally that he wanted to roll back the minimum wage by a dollar an hour…

Rauner’s quote…

“I will advocate moving the Illinois minimum wage back to the national minimum wage. I think we’ve got to be competitive here in Illinois. It’s critical we’re competitive. We’re hurting our economy by having the minimum wage above the national. We’ve got to move back to the national.”

Seems clear to me.

*** UPDATE *** From a press release…

Senator Bill Brady, Republican candidate for Governor, today said proposals by two gubernatorial candidates to change Illinois’ minimum wage rates are counter-productive for Illinois job growth and working families.

“We have Governor Quinn proposing to raise the minimum wage to $10 an hour, and Bruce Rauner talking about lowering it by $1. They are both out-of-touch with the needs of Illinois families and Illinois business,” Brady said.

“If we raise the rate, we discourage job growth. If we cut it, we impact hard-working Illinois families who depend on a minimum wage as better jobs continue to leave Illinois,” Brady said.

“I believe the state and minimum wage rates need to be paired and support a moratorium on increases in the Illinois minimum wage until the federal rate has caught up with ours,” he said.

Illinois’ minimum wage rate of $8.25 an hour is the fourth highest in the country and $1 higher than the federal rate.

“I understand the need for a reasonable minimum wage, as Illinois and the nation have lost higher-paying manufacturing jobs to service industry employment,” Brady said. “My focus will be on restoring more of those higher-paying jobs to Illinois, giving more of our families larger paychecks.”

*** UPDATE 2 *** From a press release…

Illinois State Treasurer Dan Rutherford does not support lowering the state’s minimum wage, nor does he support increasing it at this time.
“Lowering the minimum wage in Illinois is a bad idea. Doing so would place an unfair burden on workers. I will never be a fan of taking money from peoples’ wallets, and that’s what lowering the minimum wage would do.”

“I believe every American should be able to make as much money as possible, legally and ethically. State government should not put an artificial cost of doing business increase on a business, church or local unit of government by increasing the minimum wage.”

1. - Boone's is Back - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:41 pm:

===I am a, what I guess is known as a Jeffersonian free market principle guy===

Keep that clear message roll-out going Kirk.

2. - Norseman - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

Really Kirk, Rauner makes a boneheaded statement about the minimum wage and instead of pouncing on it and attacking Rauner; you want to one up him by advocating no minimum.

*** Oswego Willy for Governor - he’s not Rauner or Dillard ***

3. - PoolGuy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

if the “free market” decided the minimum wage it might still be at $5-6 a hour. certainly not higher than $7-8 it is now. or at least places like McDonalds and Wal-mart would like to be able to pay less than $8-10.

so Kirk are you also saying the minimum wage should be lower than the current $8.25/hour?

if not what is he really saying by tossing around Jeffersonian free market principles? speak english. it’s like your no vote on pension reform. you voted no, but not because you’re against pension reform. so confusing to understand this guy.

4. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:49 pm:

I have no idea what a “Jeffersonian free-market principle guy” is. I’ve never heard that.

Jefferson was a plutocrat slaver. The labor was forced, and free only in the sense that he didn’t pay for it.

For all his beautiful words, Jefferson’s “wealth” and “capital” were tied up in slaves until the day he died — including, most likely, his own children.

He certainly wasn’t an industrial capitalist. The father of American capitalism, Hamilton, was his greatest rival.

5. - Smoggie - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:50 pm:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an allegedly serious candidate do so much to drive voters away as Dillard.

Four years ago he looked to a lot of people (i.e. those who didn’t ask him about his views on social issues) like a moderate.

He’s gone out of his way the past four years to drive away people who think he may be a moderate on social issues.

Well, maybe he’s a moderate on something else.

Nope, we now know that he’s even more extreme than Rauner on the minimum wage.

Does he think that he can go extreme right and then somehow bounce back for November?

Does he know that when he talks, moderates can hear him?

The guy should have spent the past four years avoiding strong opinions on anything. Instead, he’s spent those years talking, and it seems like every time he speaks, he loses voters.

6. - 47th Ward - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:51 pm:

===And I believe that the marketplace ought to set everything===

That should make Excelon and Nicor happy.

7. - just sayin' - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:55 pm:

The Bruce Rauner network continues offering 24/7 coverage on all sponsored by news websites…..

8. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:55 pm:

- Norseman -,

No joke, I was on 71 quite a bit during the holidays, and either the way to, or the way back passing through Norway, I wondered “…what - Norseman - was up to?” Happy New Year!

To the Post,

Minimum wage arguements are the best way to seem out of touch, and one of the best ways to seem heartless.

Leaving it “as-is” and revisiting the issue upon being sworn in is probably the most honest, and the best tact to have, if you have to answer. It’s a “hurt” issue for a Republican, rarely seen as a “help-net positive”, so why llok to stir things up if you can’t get what you “want” done anyway?

Right “Bruce Rauner”?

Move when you know you have the will and the votes, otherwise, you are not gaining anything, and not changing anything either.

9. - A guy... - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 1:58 pm:

Tomorrow he’ll quote Harding. It’s just too hard to watch.

10. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:00 pm:

=== Does he think that he can go extreme right ===

I’m skeptical that “extreme right” is the goal, here. Rather, I think “extreme vague” is the goal.

11. - Bill White - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:02 pm:

Related, as wordslinger explained above, the phrase “Jeffersonian free market principle guy” is so vague and self-contradictory as to be meaningless.

Seemingly delicious and yet content free word salad.

12. - hisgirlfriday - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:11 pm:

Ah Jefferson’s free market. The one that was so against a minimum wage it let you enslave human beings as property and steal their labor.

13. - Demoralized - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:15 pm:

I would question the morals of Republican primary voters if pandering on lowering the minimum wage is a winning issue.

14. - Downstate Illinois - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:23 pm:

I’m continually amazed at the level of ignorance when it comes to basic economics. Minimum wage laws cause people to lose jobs. Some people benefit from higher wages, but countless others get hurt from either losing a job or not getting a job that’s not created in the first place. The ones that get hurt are also the ones most vulnerable, the ones with the least skills.

If you want McDonalds or Walmart to pay $15 an hour for entry level work go to Williston, North Dakota, or west Texas where fracking booms have all but eliminated unemployment.

If you want to raise wages, raise the demand for workers, not the supply.

15. - Michelle Flaherty - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:27 pm:

I believe he meant “George” Jeffersonian free market principle guy.

16. - Jorge - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:30 pm:

Extremely naive comments from both of them. Just more fodder to get whacked by in the general. Quinn couldn’t be a luckier politician.

17. - Rich Miller - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:31 pm:

===I’m continually amazed at the level of ignorance when it comes to basic economics===

How about the “economics” of taxpayers paying billions for Medicaid and other government assistance to subsidize minimum-wage employers?

The real government handouts are going to the people at the top here.

18. - davidh - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:34 pm:

Is Dillard channeling some kind of revisionist demi-theory about Jefferson, along the lines of the evangelicals who argue that the founding fathers established the US as an explicitly Christian nation? Pure gibberish.

19. - Demoralized - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:37 pm:

==Minimum wage laws cause people to lose jobs.==

And why would we want jobs created that pay low wages? How exactly does that help? Getting rid of the minimum wage is not a solution.

20. - davidh - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:37 pm:

I disagree with the Brady on the merits but his “just right” take on the minimum makes him look less craven or delusional than his primary opponents.

21. - John A Logan - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:37 pm:

Bill Brady for the win.

22. - Statesman - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:38 pm:

If this isn’t the biggest case of pot (Brady,Dillard) calling the Kettle (Rauner)black , don’t know what is. Brady & Dillard epitomize ‘out of touch’ and showed it in 2010. Not saying that Rauner is getting the best political advise by taking this issue on before the election- He should stay on message. One of the most disheartening features of ILGOP candidates is their ADHD when it comes to message management.

23. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:38 pm:

Good on Bill Brady. On Point, and well said!

24. - PoolGuy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:41 pm:

now Dan the man has to chime in with a press release… waiting….

25. - OneMan - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:53 pm:

Does Dillard have a voice in his ear that just repeats ‘Free markets’ over and over again (like a chip or something)

because fundamentally there is no such thing as a market defined minimum wage in terms of it being legislated, a market based minimum wage isn’t a minimum wage, it is whatever the hell you are willing to get someone to do whatever for.

26. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:58 pm:

Got to give Rutherford props, well done.

Again, do I have this right…

Rauner says something (minimum wage, veto legislative pay), Dillard takes it, kinda runs with it, morphs it….

Brady and Rutherford keeps their heads, and respond with a sound answer to the Dopiness that lead to the chain of events.

Is there a pattern forming?

27. - OneMan - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 2:59 pm:

The problem with (and I do see to some degree Rauners’ logic here, if you reduce it you can I think make labor more attractive than technology at the low end) is that to some degree as Rich points out, it is illogical to pay adults too little because of the greater social costs.

Think about why there is more crime in poor areas…

But if you were to look at lets say a lower youth minimum wage (we used to have it in Illinois not sure if we still do) it could provide some opportunity in Illinois.

But a market rate, which is no minimum at all Kirk? That’s just wacked.

28. - Smoggie - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:00 pm:

Downstate, your post reflects a lot of ignorance for a guy talking about ignorance.

Will a reduced minimum wage cause more people to be added to the work force?

Possibly, but only somebody “ignorant” as to the consequences of a low wage job would claim that high employment at extremely low wages is a good thing.

Who do you think ends up paying for the health care for those people making extremely low wages? Realistically, who pays for food and rent for those people?

Before you start talking about “ignorant”, give some thought to the consequences of the reduction in wages.

29. - Norseman - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:06 pm:

=== No joke, I was on 71 quite a bit during the holidays, and either the way to, or the way back passing through Norway ===

Then you must have driven by the farm where as a kid I messily learned about the hazards of my cousins using rusty brown plow disks as baseball bases in a cow pasture.

30. - Just Me - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:12 pm:

47th Ward — Exelon and Nicor are monopolistic utilities. Free market principles don’t apply to monopolies.

31. - Michelle Flaherty - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:17 pm:

Could someone please ask these guys where they stand on child labor laws?

32. - anonymoose - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:18 pm:

Norseman….same here, but we used the dried out plow disks. For the life of me, closely resembles the same disks the campaigns toss around on the subject of minimum wage.

33. - Montrose - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:27 pm:

Michelle Flaherty for the win.

34. - Langhorne - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:29 pm:

In the months before his death Thomas Jefferson’s relatives attempted to organize a public lottery in order to alleviate his crushing personal debt. In Illinois we have video games in bars. Is this the Jeffersonian example Kirk wants?

35. - PoolGuy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:36 pm:

Michelle double win with the “George Jeffersonian” too

36. - walker - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:45 pm:

Everyone’s got their own version of politically-driven economics: based on either what people rationally “ought to do”, or what my party’s propagandists and think tanks have sold as accepted theory. Mythical economics abound, in our political discourse.

Real-world economics, done by real academic economists, reflect what people in our society actually do, in a given set of circumstances.

In our own real world, the many increases in the American minimum wage in the past 70 years, have proven not to produce the unemployment, price increases, or lack of growth that opponents are always touting.

That’s the reality, regardless of what “economic” theory you might think is self-evident.

37. - walker - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:49 pm:

“Jeffersonian” and “economics”, are both widely misconstrued.

38. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:50 pm:

For Downstate Illinois

39. - Tired of politics - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 3:52 pm:

Sorry Downstate;

40. - CommoNooB - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 4:59 pm:

How come its always got to be this or that? Raise or no raise (or decrease)? The MW is largely political and doesn’t make much economic sense. It does more harm than good. However, there are some that would benefit from raising the MW (i.e. single mothers with children). Middle ground? Why not increase the earned income tax credit (EITC) while keeping the MW where its at? Current wages would help those who are low-skilled (i.e teens) get jobs, while increasing the EITC would provide for more take home pay for single mothers.

41. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 5:50 pm:

Whatever happened to Kirk Dillard? He used to be able to think.

42. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 6:18 pm:

Candidate’s “Coffee” before all 5 debate …

All right. I will be back. Figure out what the minimum wage should be for our waitress

One dollar less than now.

Dollar less?

You know what these waitresses make?

Don’t give me that. She doesn’t make enough money, she can quit.

MOD #2
    Let me just get this straight, $7.25?

Yeah, $7.25 is enough. Alright, I mean I would recommend a raise if somebody really deserves a raise, if they really put forth the effort, I’ll give ‘em something extra, but I mean automatically give a raise is for the birds. I mean as far as I’m concerned they’re just doing their job. $7.25

Hey, this girl was nice.

She was OK - but she wasn’t anything special.

I’d go $8.25.

Hey Look, I ordered coffee, right? Now we’ve been here a long time, and she’s only filled my cup three times. When I order coffee, I want it filled six times

Six times? Well, you know, what if she’s too busy?

Words “too busy” shouldn’t be in a waitress’ vocabulary.

MOD #2
    Excuse me, Mr. Rauner - the think you need another cup of coffee.

I mean these ladies aren’t starving to death. They make minimum wage, which is $1 too high. You know, I never used to work minimum wage.

You don’t care they’re counting on the minimum wage to live?

You know what this is? It’s the world’s smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.

You don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. These people bust their tail. This is a hard job.

So’s working at McDonald’s, but you don’t feel the need to pay them more than minimum, do you? Why not? Hey, I’m very sorry. This ain’t my fault. It would appear that waitresses are just one of the many groups the government shouldn’t think about. “Learn to type.” Cause if you’re expecting me to help out with the rent by keeping the minimum wage as it is, they’re in for a big surprise. $7.25, and that’s it!

Hey - he’s convinced me. $7.25

MOD #2
    Hey! Leave the minimum wage alone.

MOD #1
    All right, ramblers, let’s get ramblin’. Wait a minute. Who didn’t agree to $8.25?

Bruce Rauner

MOD #1
    Bruce? Why not?

He thinks $7.25 is enough.

MOD #1
    What? $7.25?

MOD #1
    What do you mean you don’t believe in it being $8.25? Come on, you cheapskate.

Alright - since I am getting hammered, I’ll agree, but normally I would never keep the wage at $8.25. Let’s forget the $7.25 stuff

MOD #1
    Never mind what you normally would do, agree to $8.25 like everybody else.

43. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 7:29 pm:

Brady played it just about right for a GOP primary. Whacked both Rauner and Quinn.

Rutherford seems to be both for the current minimum wage, and against the minimum wage in concept.

44. - DuPage Dave - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 7:45 pm:

I am greatly disappointed that anyone proposing Rauner’s ideas on the minimum wage would have a chance of winning an election in Illinois, even a Republican primary.

45. - 47th Ward - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 9:29 pm:

OW, I’m going to start referring to Rauner as Mr. Pink now, thanks to you. If Steve Buscemi was just a few years older he could play him in the movie.

46. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Jan 8, 14 @ 9:51 pm:

- 47th Ward -,

I was sitting, reading this Rauner $7.25 stuff and all I kept visualizing is that open. Rauner is Mr. Pink!

Glad you caught the gag. Use it, make it yours.

High praise coming from you, appreciate it.

47. - PoolGuy - Thursday, Jan 9, 14 @ 8:40 am:

he wanted to be Mr. Purple, but some guy on some other job is Mr. Purple

* This just in... $12 million contribution to Leader Durkin, $2 million to Munger
* *** UPDATED x2 *** Duckworth doesn't play in Peoria
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Let's be careful out there
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Political events calendar
* *** UPDATED x1 *** What today's cyber attack could mean for election day
* Rewriting history
* Army Corps of Engineers taking back state park
* Fire everything!!!
* More horrible pension news
* More flowery Madigan praise from Bradley
* Because... Madigan!
* Looking on the dark side
* Lawyers: Mayor Emanuel is "not a policymaker for the city"
* Duckworth has huge cash advantage
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition and a campaign roundup
* Good morning!

* Most expensive Apple Pay purchase goes towards an Aston Martin DB5
* Friend-less, non-modular LG G6 expected, but not without risk
* Syllable D900 Mini Wireless Earbuds review
* Time Warner targeted for AT&T takeover
* Sony XPERIA XZ First Impressions: The Real Sony Flagship?
* Ouch – Samsung roasted by President Obama
* MacRumors Giveaway: Win a Customizable iPhone 7 or 7 Plus Case From Casetify

* Getz to oversee White Sox Minor Leagues
* Getz to oversee White Sox Minor Leagues
* International draft stands to benefit White Sox
* Davidson reflects on 'whirlwind' 2016 season
* Starting pitcher rankings: White Sox have four of them
* Podcast: 2016 Chicago White Sox Infield Review
* White Sox Rumors: Sox hire Chris Getz as new Director Of Player Dev...

* Breaking up with House Speaker Michael Madigan .....
* Drunken driving education program reinstated in.....
* Reeder: Movie on Madigan worth watching - Chica.....

* NW Indiana man found incompetent to stand trial for murder
* Cook County, Illinois, lawyer who posed as judge charged
* Retired detective turns in nephew for downtown bank robbery
* Attack in Afghanistan killed Illinois soldier, Oklahoma man
* Attack in Afghanistan killed Illinois soldier, Oklahoma man
* Retiring Wrigley Field scoreboard operator has seen it all
* Drunken driving education program reinstated in Springfield
* Arson suspected in fire at Illinois home where bodies found
* Paralympic medalist will be UI homecoming parade marshal
* Illinois man accused of threatening fire in GOP office

* Rauner administration awarding more than $3 million in bonuses to non-union workers
* Springfield veteran honored for volunteer work
* SIU injury-prevention program reinstated through stopgap budget
* Survey: 386 state jobs could relocate to Springfield
* SIU injury-prevention program reinstated through state's stopgap spending plan
* Illinois unemployment rate holds at 5.5 percent
* Loose ceiling beam in Coliseum led to closure
* Proposal would ban agency directors from campaign ads
* Illinois State Fair Coliseum closed due to structural deficiencies
* State fairgrounds Coliseum temporarily closed due to structural deficiencies

* The possible vendetta behind today's web attacks
* Cyber attacks take down multiple major websites
* Cyber attacks take down major websites
* OCC expands, plans to move Chicago HQ
* Paid sick leave law pays off for political backers

* 10 Bears questions: on The Dude, Robbie Gould, TV ratings & more
* Garage burglaries reported on Far South Side
* CTA: Fire department activity causes delays on Purple, Red lines
* Fantasy Fool: Week 7 starters and benchwarmers
* John Fountain: Ambushed, when my point was to encourage
* Sunday Letters: Taxing surgary beverages is healthy idea
* Blackhawks dressing both Campbell and van Riemsdyk in Columbus
* Executive sedan
* Alderman says ‘aggressive squirrels’ eating through garbage carts
* Kadner: Proposal on November ballot an insult to Illinois voters

* Hackers disrupt Internet service of major websites with multiple attacks
* Bill Murray, wearing a Cubs hat, crashes White House press briefing
* Naperville firefighter charged with child pornography possession
* EU leaders spar over Russia sanctions
* Trump can't undermine American democracy because it barely even exists
* Duterte's flip-flop into bed with China is a disaster for the United States
* Chicago 'Hamilton' cast yet to discover Trump voter in midst
* Video of alleged assault shown in Mundelein kidnapping trial
* Unique Northwestern program helps lawyer fighting to keep ability to speak
* New Cubs ticket rules for mayor, aldermen will apply to World Series

The widget AQL4JYGHIY powered by Feed Informer does not exist.

* Springfield veteran honored for volunteer work
* SIU injury-prevention program reinstated through stopgap budget
* Survey: 386 state jobs could relocate to Springfield
* Our View: For circuit judge, Cadagin, Troemper are endorsed
* Illinois unemployment rate holds at 5.5 percent
* Loose ceiling beam in Coliseum led to closure
* Proposal would ban agency directors from campaign ads
* Bernard Schoenburg: Judge candidates investing in their own campaigns
* Eugene Robinson: Can we please just fast-forward to Election Day?

* Referral center set up for Murphysboro DHS, closed because of fire
* Project on Prospect to last 1 week
* SIU Homecoming parade is Saturday; Harry Crisp II to serve as grand marshal
* Saluki Food Pantry aims to lessen burdens for food insecure students
* Two-week closure ahead Moline's 41st Street
* PODCAST: Illini Notebook, Michigan preview
* Haunted trail...
* UPDATE: Police ID shooting suspect
* 'Shop local': it's not just for holidays anymore
* Davenport North's students to hold fundraiser to benefit Timothy's House of Hope

* Des Plaines group gets funds for clean power plant
* Wheeling Township voters get mailed South suburban ballots
* Cardinal to speak at Mundelein seminary
* Stevenson High School club to host Parade to the polls
* Unwanted prescription drugs collection

* House lawmakers overcome hurdle on key tra...
* Rodney Davis talks funding with Bloomingto...
* The agency that fought Illiana gets a new ...
* Rep. Dold takes educational cruise down Ch...
* Lawmakers decry high turnover rate of VA h...
* CBD Oil, and politics
* Simon considering state Senate bid
* Killer Congressman Tom MacArthur trying to...
* Shutdown? State may not notice
* Rep. Bob Dold

* US Sen. Dick Durbin urges big pharma actio......
* The Daily Northwestern : U.S. Sen. Dick Du......

* Kirk Far Behind Duckworth In Fundraising F......
* Endorsement: US Senate, Mark Kirk - Peoria......
* Kirk far behind Duckworth in fundraising f......

* Morning Minute: The benefits of walkable neighborhoods
* Medicare To Tackle Drug Costs This Fall
* A Gun Violence Victim In Illinois Every 8 Hours
* Obama Voices Duckworth Campaign Radio Spot
* Cartoon Of The Day
* Cartoon of the Day - 10/21/16 Trump draft dodger
* Auto Problems Top American Consumer Complaint List; Groups Warn Of Fast-Growing Imposter Scams
* Illinois Adds 7,400 Jobs In September, Unemployment Rate Stays At 5.5%
* CFPB power among topics that attract exceptional webinar attention
* Cartoon of the Day 10/19/16 Trump locker room talk

* Illinois EPA Sponsors Interactive Environmental Education Event with Riverton Elementary School - Riverton Third and Fourth Graders “Dive In!” to Celebrate the Environment
* Illinois Partners with State of Telangana, India to Strengthen Smart State Initiatives - State to state agreement to accelerate opportunities and service to citizens
* Illinois EPA Announces Vehicle Emissions Testing Network Updates - New Contract to Offer More Efficient, Less Expensive Tests
* Annual Training Underway For Gas Station Owners, Service Technicans
* Governor Rauner Announces Recommendations from Health Care Fraud Elimination Task Force Report