Updates on updates *** Updated x3 ***
Friday, Mar 30, 2007
We have several updates today, so this will direct you to them.
* As of 2 o’clock, we’re still waiting on the Illinois Senate to take up Sen. Gary Forby’s bill to roll back electric rates to last year’s levels and freeze them for a year. Go here for the latest. Paul is at the Senate while I’m waiting by the blog.
*** UPDATE *** More on this in a few minutes.
*** UPDATE 2 *** It looks like the bill won’t be called today. Subscribers, check your fax or e-mail.
*** UPDATE 3 *** They’ve adjourned. It won’t be called. Forby told reporters he plans to call the bill after the two-week break.
* Unlike the teachers unions, the Illinois PTA is supporting HB 750. Check it out here. [fixed link]
* On that same post, the Illinois Press Association is holding a joint teleconference with the IL Chamber on the gross receipts tax.
* And still on that post, the business groups opposed to the governor’s tax plans have a new TV ad.
* And while this isn’t an update, there’s no other post to amend it to so I’ll just put it here. Broken down warhorse Ald. Berny Stone claims there was some sort of fraud in the first round of his aldermanic election…