* Stroger says no again to county tax rollback
But this time, commissioners confident they have override vote
* Todd Stroger vetoes roll back in Cook County sales tax
* It’s your call, Cook County
* Chicago aldermen balk at property-tax relief plan
Finance Committee questions how much it would help homeowners
* Alderman wants to ban relatives from stealth payroll
* Board of Eduction’s Expense Accounts Will Be Scrutinized
* Outside Lawyers Will Scrutinize Chicago Board of Education Members’ Spending
* Chicago Housing Sales Go Up
There’s encouraging news out of Chicago’s housing market. A new report from the Illinois Association of Realtors says home sales are going up in the Chicago area.
The report says in Chicago’s metro region, October home sales are up 33 percent over a year ago. The Association of Realtors attributes the increase to buyers finally coming off the sidelines during the housing market collapse.
* Archdiocese Steps Up Latino Housing Aid
The Catholic Archdiocese of Chicago says it’s investing in affordable housing for some heavily Latino parts of the city. The announcement follows criticism that the church skimps on charity in those neighborhoods.
* Chicago-area toll roads seek $280 million Build America bonds
* Attorney general offers guide to recalled products