Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » The clown show never ends
The clown show never ends

Tuesday, Nov 13, 2012

* They’re coming out of the woodwork, campers

Sam Adam Jr., the boisterous onetime attorney to former Gov. Rod Blagojevich and R&B singer R. Kelly, told the Chicago Sun-Times Tuesday he is considering a run for U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr.’s seat.

“My wife and I are thinking about it,” Adam told the Sun-Times. “I am a fighter. They may have said I wasn’t qualified, but they can’t say I don’t fight.” […]

Adam said he would have to give up his law practice. He recently set up a new firm with Victor Henderson. The two represent Cook County Commissioner William Beavers, who is to go to trial on Dec. 3. They also represented indicted – but reelected – state Rep. Derrick Smith, a West Side Democrat. Along with Ed Genson and Adam’s father, Adam represented Kelly in an underaged sex case. Kelly was acquitted. Adam gave openings and closings in the first trial against Blagojevich, which ended in a deadlocked jury on 23 of 24 counts.

“Best” Sam Adam, Jr. campaign slogan wins a night of adult beverages on me.

…Adding… Oy

Over the last few months, Blagojevich has fought off boredom with books about former presidents, Adam said.

“He and my father [defense attorney Sam Adam Sr.] now are studying Ulysses S. Grant. He sends presidential books every month, and now they’re up to Grant,” Adam Jr. told WBBM Newsradio.

“Blago is the son my father never had. He’s the intellectual,” he added.

Sam Adam Jr. wins the contest.

1. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 2:59 pm:

Sam Adam Jr. - Read the Transcript!

Sam Adam, Jr. - The Judges of Cook Counties Choice!

Sam Adam, Jr. - From one Junior to Another!

2. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:00 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr, - My, He Does Make Speeches!

3. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:02 pm:

I Know How To Avoid Prison

4. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:05 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - The Jury’s Choice!

5. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:06 pm:

I Know The Difference Between The Big House, And The People’s House

6. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:07 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - The Verdict is In!

Sam Adam, Jr. - Blago’s Go-To For You!

7. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:09 pm:

Will Govern More By Feelings Than By Reason

8. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:09 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Keeping Cannoli Free

Sam Adam, Jr. - Now Ranting … for Us!

9. - Elo Kiddies - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:10 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr.: No Convictions!

10. - walkinfool - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:10 pm:

“Cannonball!”

11. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:12 pm:

My Clients Claim I’m Golden

12. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:12 pm:

Ok, VanillaMan …

Sam Adam, Jr. - When You Need A Speech That’s Loud

Sam Adam, Jr. - Loudest Arguement Wins!

Sam Adam, Jr. - The District’s “One Phone Call” Guy

Sam Adam, Jr. - Helping Voters, Finding Clients in Congress

13. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:15 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Yep, It’s My Turn Now

Sam Adam, Jr. - Voting My District, Even if it Hurts.

14. - LincolnLounger - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:16 pm:

Bringing the “Con” to Congress

15. - Stones - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:16 pm:

Sam Adam Jr. - took on the government for Blago and now takes on the government for YOU!

16. - WazUp - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:16 pm:

Samuel Adams - “Take pride in your beer”

17. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:17 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - One Wiretap-Free Call Away.

Sam Adam, Jr. - The Feds Choice, Honest

Sam Adam, Jr. - New Offices in DC Soon!

18. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:18 pm:

Almost!
    “I’ve Been Told That I’m F%#$&@g Golden”

19. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:20 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - The People’s Defense

20. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:22 pm:

Either This, Or I’ll Show Up As Jackson’s Defense Attorney

21. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:24 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Only Follwing in Rod’s Footsteps THIS Far!

Sam Adam, Jr. - Making Dad Proud, Where Rod Was Golden.

Sam Adam, Jr. - Endorsed by Rod, Elected by YOU!

22. - Ivory-billed Woodpecker - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:24 pm:

Sam Adam Jr. — Fighting to play all YOUR tapes.

23. - Ron Burgundy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:25 pm:

Vote Sam Adam Jr. - “I’m Way Dumber Than Blago!”

24. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:26 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - 2nd District History Demands Me!

25. - siriusly - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:26 pm:

Send Sam Adam to Congress, he’ll do for us what he did for Rod.

26. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:27 pm:

Justice For Juniors

27. - amalia - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:27 pm:

I’ve had too much to drink today because I must be hallucinating.

28. - Fight for Hyde Park - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:28 pm:

I endorse R. Kelly for Congress.

29. - VanillaMan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:28 pm:

Jackson-Adams 2013

30. - MrJM - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:29 pm:

You say you hate Congress… Well, now you can prove it. Vote Sam Adam Jr for Congress.

– MrJM

31. - shore - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:32 pm:

There hasn’t been a new black us rep from Illinois in 17 years, I can’t blame the candidates that will run for coming forward. Will be interesting if halvorson or any other white candidates come forward and try to do what a jewish congressman from memphis did successfully 6 years ago and thats win the seat when several black candidates divide that vote.

This guy however is a clown.

32. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:33 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Wanting to Be Close to Clients

Sam Adam, Jr. - The Camera Loves Me

Sam Adam, Jr. - Illinois’ Favorite Son, Just Not Dad’s

33. - Thinker~Doer~Socializer~Feeler - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:35 pm:

Vote for me ’cause I can wear multiple hats…when I get into trouble I will be able to act as my own highly acclaimed defense counsel, this is the 2nd Congressional district after all. ;)

34. - Cincinnatus - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:35 pm:

Sam Adams, Jr. - He goes to court so you don’t have to!

35. - paddyrollingstone - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:38 pm:

“If I Win, I’ll Move Out of Town!”

36. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:38 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - A New Day In Constituent Service

Sam Adam, Jr. - A 1st Trial Winner, For Us

37. - Anonymous - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:39 pm:

Sam Adams, Jr. - send me to the House, and I’ll be one step away from the Senate. Then watch what happens when I get to pick the U.S. Attorney!

38. - Fair Share - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:41 pm:

Sam “I Got The Beef” Adams Jr.

39. - Josh - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:41 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - From hung juries to hanging chads.

40. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:42 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Wanting to Learn From the Other Side

Sam Adam, Jr. - Bug Free, and Tape-less!

41. - Jerome Horwitz - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:42 pm:

I may not be qualified but I do know how to fight.

42. - Fair Share - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:45 pm:

Sam Adams Jr. - 4 out of 5 defendents recommend him

43. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:45 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Imagine Jason Plummer, then Turn That 180 Degrees, Then Add a Law Degree, BAM!

44. - bongofurry - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:45 pm:

Sam Adams JR.- After Savage, Renolds and Jackson, how bad can I be!

45. - train111 - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:46 pm:

Sam Adam Jr: I can out blowhard the other 434 of em–any time : any place

God I love this state–never a dull moment

train111

46. - Hammer - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:47 pm:

Sam Adams Jr: Good mother[bleeping] Congressman

47. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:48 pm:

–”In regard to religion, mutual toleration in the different professions thereof is what all good and candid minds in all ages have ever practised, and, both by precept and example, inculcated on mankind.” - The Rights of the Colonists, November 20, 1772–

Wrong Sam Adams, but excellent caption.

48. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:51 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - The 2nd Distrct’s Best Hope, Legally Speaking.

49. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:54 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Back On The Fed’s Payroll, For You, This Time!

50. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:55 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Really, None of You Saw This Coming?

51. - titan - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:55 pm:

“I already know all about back room dealings, and mischief with underage girls - how much more ready could I be for Congress?”

52. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:57 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Take the ’s’ Off For Scandal

53. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:58 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - “This Seat Taken?”

54. - Hammer - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 3:58 pm:

Sam Adams Jr. What? Like you were gonna vote for Halvorsen

Sam Adams Jr. I’ll make you forget all about Joe Walsh

Sam Adams Jr. Because someone’s gotta save Peotone

55. - Arthur Andersen - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:01 pm:

“It’s Congressman Adam now, so go sling my willy. Word. ”

Who in the heck is Jason Plummer and why is he calling here every 5 minutes asking to be my Lt. Congressman?”

“Screw this, Petraeus just called. “

56. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:02 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Trying to Make Dad Proud, Understand Me, Jason!

57. - Quizzical - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:02 pm:

If you could only hear all of the tapes, absolutely, positively, no doubt whatsoever, you’d have to vote for Sam!!

58. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:06 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - A Vote for Me, Is a Vote for Drama

Sam Adam, Jr. - From the 2nd District, But #1 in Our Hearts!

59. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:09 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - “Meh” for 2nd District Standards

60. - Bemused in Bourbonnais - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:13 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr.: At least I’m not Jesse, Jr. Or Mel Reynolds. Or Gus Savage.

61. - Wensicia - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:25 pm:

“Not a single penny of ill-gotten money will go into my campaign! I’ve never taken a dime of illegal money and won’t trust the wrong people to handle my campaign!!”

62. - ArchPundit - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:27 pm:

What was that? The beer guy? Uh well n….yeah, he’s the beer guy. Vote for him.

63. - Jake From Elwood - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:28 pm:

Sam Adam Jr–At least I’m not Joel Brodsky.

64. - Joe Bidenopoulous - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:28 pm:

“A Vote for Transparency - Press Conferences Daily!”

65. - Arthur Andersen - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:29 pm:

Oops misread the assignment. Too much cold medicine?

Adam for Congress-Send a Lawyer to the Capitol!

Adam for Congress-Gimme a 2 Year Sentence!

Adam for Congress-From the Bench to the Stench!

66. - Joe Bidenopoulous - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:37 pm:

Man, if Sam won the contest, I want to be there when he’s feted by Rich. Shucks, I may buy the drinks for both of ‘em.

67. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:39 pm:

===Side note: YES! No way we could lucky enough to SA Jr. run for Congress and Joe “Walk Away” Walsh run for Gov within a year of each other. Please Sam, run. You too Joe! We need more characters - pols are too bland today because characters have too much baggage.===

Be careful what you wish for… at some point one of these guys might have to Govern, like, for real … like alone …

Sam Adam, Jr. - “Sammie” the Clown - Stealing Spanky’s Thunder

68. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:41 pm:

Sam Adam, Jr. - Oswego Willy Mocked, Oswego Willy Approved!

69. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:44 pm:

===Sam Adam, Jr. - Oswego Willy Mocked, Oswego Willy Approved!===

Truth be told .. How much “Fun” would Sam, Jr. be? No snark, just entertainment wide … pretty fun guy, pretty fun race.

70. - Downstate - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:45 pm:

“I dare you to send me to Congress.”

71. - Captain Illini - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:45 pm:

Sam Adams Jr. ~ Not a short beer, Not qualified, and Not smart…but he’ll fight for whatever twisted logic you’re wanting him to fight for!

72. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:48 pm:

Example?

“Mr. Adam, can you tell the voters here at the Debate what are your thoughts on the economy and the 2nd District.”

“Thank you. I had this conversation with Rod, and we are all reading the Biography on Harry S. Truman. Now President Truman was …”

How juicy would all that be?

73. - LilLebowskiUrbanAchiever - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 4:56 pm:

Who would have thought that the money that was in Blago’s campaign account would go to fund another campaign?

74. - John Galt - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 5:15 pm:

Can an attorney barter his criminal defense services in exchange for a client’s political resources such as donor lists, yard sign locations, etc?

Just curious….

75. - Plutocrat03 - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 5:19 pm:

Sam Adams Jr. - My last client get three hots and a cot every day!

76. - 14 years! - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 5:31 pm:

If they’re already up to Grant they’d better slow down…

77. - Ronald RayGun - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 6:04 pm:

Sam Adam Jr. - “I don’t run the scams, I just process the profits.”

78. - Knome Sane - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 6:10 pm:

Sam Adams, Jr. — Before It’s too Bleat

79. - RNUG - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 6:40 pm:

I’ll add to the hot air in DC …

I can out-filibuster anyone there …

Trust me, I know the law …

80. - Anonymous - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 6:55 pm:

No duodenal switch here!

81. - Team Sleep - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 6:55 pm:

Sam Adam Jr. - because they can’t claim the stupid defense without an attorney present

82. - Team Sleep - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 6:57 pm:

Sam Adam Jr. - because Congress needs a good pro bono attorney every once in a while

83. - Team Sleep - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 6:59 pm:

Sam Adam Jr. - because he’s more of a cartoon character than that guy on a beer bottle with a funny hat

84. - zatoichi - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 8:03 pm:

A true bipartisan - I defend them all.

85. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 8:23 pm:

===Adam for Congress-Gimme a 2 Year Sentence!

Adam for Congress-From the Bench to the Stench!===

Well done, AA … very well done!

86. - Newsclown - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 8:54 pm:

“I’ll show up more than Jackson, you decide if that’s good or bad”

87. - Arthur Andersen - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 9:14 pm:

Thanks, Willy!

88. - Vote Quimby! - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 9:21 pm:

“I understand Illinois politics. Vote Sam Adams Jr. for your next Congressman.”

89. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 9:35 pm:

- VanillaMan -,

You are one “Man” that is difficult to keep up with, hope I didn’t slow you down!

90. - Boone Logan Square - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 9:57 pm:

“Sam Adam, have another one.”

91. - Some Guy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 10:16 pm:

“Vote Sam Adams, because my opponent cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is better for you”

92. - Some Guy - Tuesday, Nov 13, 12 @ 10:17 pm:

Too bad he is not running for Senate, because there is no doubt he could effectively fillibuster…

93. - private sector contractor - Wednesday, Nov 14, 12 @ 8:16 am:

Sam Adams Jr. for Congress…”Come on punks, you don’t have the guts to do it.”

94. - Lobo y Olla - Wednesday, Nov 14, 12 @ 8:22 am:

Son Of Sam…..Not as bad as it sounds! Adam 2013!

95. - Get 'Er Dunne - Wednesday, Nov 14, 12 @ 9:39 am:

Sam Adam, Jr. - “Senior Leadership from Not-Just-Another-Junior”

96. - Get 'Er Dunne - Wednesday, Nov 14, 12 @ 9:40 am:

Sam Adam, Jr. - “The jury is out, and A NEW JUNIOR IS IN!!!”

* The updated legislative retirement list
* Today's quotable
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Campaign news; Supplement to today's edition; More candidate announcements
* Poll: 66 percent of Chicagoans think the city is on the wrong track
* Our new and unbalanced budget
* Proft calls HB40 "integrity test" for Rauner
* There will be no kid glove treatment for Drury now
* Madigan denies "reports" that Rauner has asked him for budget meetings
* Catholic group warns Rauner against signing "electoral suicide note"
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Nekritz out, Raoul backed by Cullerton as unknowns ask "Why not me?"
* We need a capital bill, but don't hold your breath
* Biss starting to get questions about his voting history
* SEIU derides "3 strikes" rule, Rauner admin defends
* Preckwinkle tries again to defend pop tax
* *** UPDATED x4 - DGA, Pritzker, Pawar, Biss respond *** Rauner speaks out on NFL protests
* *** UPDATED x6 *** Harmon will lift the hold on HB40
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Today's edition of Capitol Fax
* Personal PAC planning newspaper ad claiming Gov. Rauner and First Lady "lied"

* Gov. Rauner Says Anthem Protests Are Insulting .....
* State Democrats, frustrated with Rauner's indec.....
* Democrats Send Rauner Abortion Bill Amid Uncert.....
* Illinois automatic voter registration bill sign.....
* Clock Ticking on Abortion Bill - Alton Daily News..

* Full federal court to hear 'Making a Murderer' appeal
* Chicago archdiocese to focus on domestic violence in Mass
* Morris VFW finally awards jackpot after raffle was delayed
* Indiana governor seeks federal funding for railroad project
* Illinois governor 'strongly disagrees' with anthem protests
* 5 ex-managers of Bloomington arena indicted on 111 counts
* Violence in US rises for second straight year
* Patients in Illinois get legal help for non-medical issues
* FBI reveals sketch of person of interest in post office bomb
* Suburban Chicago man charged with killing ex-girlfriend, son

* Rauner says anthem protests disrespectful
* Abortion rights bill sent to Rauner
* Abortion rights bill on way to Rauner
* Ex-congressman Mel Reynolds' tax trial to start Monday
* Public invited to vote on Main Street preservation projects
* Scramble begins in Illinois attorney general race
* Abortion bill is hot potato for Gov. Rauner
* New Illinois law will let adults earn high school diplomas
* Raoul enters AG race, apologizes for 'Miss America' comment
* AG candidate Raoul apologizes for 'bad characterization' of opponent

* Trust in health insurers sinks to an all-time low
* O'Hare is the nation's best for connections
* Target is smart to raise its minimum wage
* Steeler who stood for anthem now has best-selling NFL jersey
* WTTW/WFMT announce $65 million fundraising campaign

* Woman shot, critically wounded in Back of the Yards
* 9 shot, 2 fatally, in Monday gun violence in Chicago
* Man found shot in East Garfield Park
* Full federal court to hear ‘Making a Murderer’ appeal
* Man hurt in Lawndale shooting
* Georgia Nicols horoscopes for Sept. 26, 2017
* Dear Abby: Now sober, he longs for wife’s return
* 3 robberies reported last week on South, Southwest sides
* ‘Pretty Woman’ the musical, headed for Chicago debut before Broadway
* Man, 30, shot in West Pullman

* In the first 'Opposition' episode, Jordan Klepper feels shadow of 'Colbert'
* As Ivanka Trump's political influence grows, so does secrecy surrounding her fashion brand's business ties in China
* Javier Baez escapes with bruise after fouling ball off leg
* Cubs fun includes eliminating Cardinals, winning over Nacho Man
* Cubs one step from NL Central title, eliminate Cardinals from division race
* White Sox outfielder Avisail Garcia on breakout year: 'I proved it to myself'
* Chicago gets pre-Broadway tryout for ‘Pretty Woman’ musical
* Tennessee church shooting suspect had previous run-ins with police
* Cubs 10, Cardinals 2
* 1 dead, 3 wounded in West Side shootings

» College Diploma Out-Of-Reach For Growing Number Of Low-Income Illinois Students
» Violence In US Rises For Second Straight Year
» In Major Reversal, Cook County Prosecutors Agree To Reduce Sentence Of Addolfo Davis
» Abortion Legislation Puts Gov. Rauner On Election Bind
» Abortion Legislation Puts Gov. Rauner In Political Bind
» State Week: IL Attorney General Candidates, The Soda Tax, and Courting Amazon
» State Week: IL Attorney General Candidates, The Soda Tax and Courting Amazon
» Governor Running Out Of Time On Location Tracking Regulation
» In Cook County, 3 Prosecutors Are Handling Hundreds Of Wrongful Conviction Claims
» An Accounting For Meteorological Violence Among Insurers

* Marc Thiessen: Trump's UN speech promoted classic conservative ideas
* Rauner says anthem protests disrespectful
* Abortion rights bill sent to Rauner
* Abortion rights bill on way to Rauner
* Ex-congressman Mel Reynolds' tax trial to start Monday
* Public invited to vote on Main Street preservation projects
* George Will: America's engine is being slowed by complacency
* Scramble begins in Illinois attorney general race
* Statehouse Insider: Illinois finances not the worst? Believe it or not.
* Angie Muhs: New content coming to Sunday SJ-R

* Rivermont adds Rowing Academy
* Henry Mitchell
* Sandra Ross
* Loudene Hart
* Patrick Lucier
* Earl Frischkorn
* Scott D. Winn
* Joyce Duncan
* Gene Stettler
* Donald Poole

* As senators defect, GOP concedes health bill's fate bleak
* As health bill teeters, Medicaid recipients watch nervously
* Overreaction: NFL players and owners are finally unified
* China postpones food import controls after global outcry
* Tillman's widow: Don't politicize Pat in effort to divide

* Montgomery mayor hosts health care forum a...
* Naperville's Lauren Underwood to run for R...
* What suburban members of Congress say abou...
* Hultgren pleads for continued funding of f...
* Rep. Randy Hultgren announces 2017 Congres...
* Congressman Randy Hultgren Visits Raue Cen...
* Hultgren pushes for CHIP funding ahead of ...
* Indivisible billboard targets Hultgren, Ro...
* Nick in the AM: Bartonville native plans t...
* Hultgren Comments on CAT Closure, Hurrican...

* GUEST COLUMN: 'Fess up, Dick and Dianne; t......
* Dems' religious concerns hypocritical, but......

* Senator Duckworth Statement in Opposition ......

* Marking the purchase of a new iPhone
* EXTRA: Whole world was watching
* 9th ward meeting with Ald. Beale on Tuesday
* “The Driver’s Side” – News From The Motorist’s Perspective
* Concerned Bloomington citizen files FOIAs on city-owned stadium, results led to 111 indictments
* The [Thursday] Papers
* How flood insurance works, and how it ought to work
* Appeals court requires Texas cities co-op with immigration officials; Illinois bans same
* The premiere of The Opposition With Jordan Klepper, and more of the best things to do in Chicago this week
* August brings higher Illinois home prices, lower sales amid tight inventory

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Apple reportedly spends more on iPhone 8 Plus manufacturing than 7 Plus, profit margins still hefty
* iOS and macOS Spotlight web search preferences move from Bing to Google
* HP Elite x3 to remain on sale “through 2019”
* Sprint hires lobbying firm with strong support for Trump as T-Mobile deal nears
* iPhone 8 Supports Enhanced Voice Services Codec for Better Quality Audio on Some Carriers
* Snapchat Gains Augmented Reality 'Sky Filters' for Adding Virtual Weather Effects to Photos
* How to Use New Pinning and Tables Features in Notes in iOS 11 and macOS High Sierra

* Sox Century: Sept. 25, 1917