Question of the day
Wednesday, Nov 28, 2012 - Posted by Rich Miller
* A quick JJJr roundup…
* Feds believe Jesse Jackson Jr. got tip about probe into his finances: Federal authorities believe Jesse Jackson Jr. was tipped off to the federal investigation that ultimately contributed to the demise of his once-promising career. Sources with knowledge of the probe told the Chicago Sun-Times that investigators believe Jackson had learned of the federal scrutiny of his financial activity prior to his June 10 leave from Congress. The sources said it didn’t necessarily mean the tip was from an investigative source, saying it was possible the congressman received a tip from someone who was notified about the probe, possibly through a subpoena.
* A Talk with Ald. Will Burns: Looks Like He’s Running for JJJ’s Seat
* Blacks fret free-for-all for Jesse Jackson Jr. seat
* Jesse Jackson Jr. resignation letter read aloud in U.S. House
* The setup…
Seventeen years ago, Jesse Jackson Jr. ran for Congress to replace a beleaguered rep who had been convicted in a federal scheme.
Jackson replaced Mel Reynolds, who ultimately resigned in disgrace.
On Wednesday, Jackson resigned in disgrace, the subject of a federal investigation.
Guess who now wants his job back? Mel Reynolds.
“So He Can Finish the Work,” is the news release that Reynolds sent out today, announcing he would officially announce his intentions to run for Jackson’s seat at noon.
* The Question: Mel Reynolds campaign slogan?
I know this will be difficult, but you must absolutely keep it clean in comments. I’m serious.