Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Pure, unadulterated comment bait
Pure, unadulterated comment bait

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014

* Jason Plummer discusses his Metro East strip mall

“Since we purchased Monticello Plaza we’ve probably added about 12,000 square feet of new space with tenants who are opening and operating; we’ve signed another 30,000 square feet that we have signed leases on, but they’re not open yet,” said Midwest Asset Group owner Jason Plummer. “It’s good, but we’ve been fortunate to work with the village of Godfrey; it’s a great community.”

Pizza World and Russell Cellular, a Verizon store, occupy a new building added to the Monticello complex. Pizza World, owned by franchisee Dave Stafford of Godfrey, opened last week; Russell Cellular will open Monday. Each will have a ribbon cutting and grand opening in February.

Also opening next month at Monticello’s main and existing building is LAG Gaming, owned by Scott Hampton, and next door to the video game store will be a second location for Complete Supplements, owned by Matt Hamman, which has a Maryville store. A few months ago Apex, a physical therapy business, opened next door to the antique mall in Monticello.

Republican Illinois gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner officially opened his campaign office Saturday at Monticello Plaza with a grand opening in the afternoon when he spoke to the public. Rauner is a businessman from Chicago.

I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.

Have at it, kids.

1. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:29 pm:

“I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.”

It’s nice to see Bruce’s luck is turning around.

– MrJM

2. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Willie, log off. Nothing to see here.

3. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Rich!

Are you and Plummer and Rauner in cahoots with my 3 doctors, my special cardiologist, my yoga instructor, life coach, the barista at the coffee stand and “Dave”, who I talk to for 45 minutes once a week about … well, we leave that all in the. “Exit Room”…

I may need a moment, like “Dave” told me to take during times like this…

4. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:31 pm:

(Looks at calendar, not ‘April 1′…)

5. - Soccermom - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:33 pm:

When people say “run government like a business” do they mean “give valuable stuff away for free to political cronies”?

6. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:34 pm:

Maybe Jason thinks Rauner will appoint him Illinois’ Ambassador to..I don’t know, Disneyworld?

7. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:36 pm:

Good to see the have-nots looking out for each other.

8. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

Which one of them claims the homestead exemption on the campaign office?

9. - Plummet - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

I believe the news here is that Plummer donated something to someone other than himself.

10. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:41 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - it was kinda of a bummer giving up the space at the strip mall. I kept an offices there, one like my LG office shoulda been, pretending is fun #JustLikeBruce

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce us cool. I got a Payton Prep sweatshirt and a brand new Carhartt #PropsNotThoseKindOfProps

@FakeJasonPlummer - Good trade; Brucd gets the office space, Bruce teaches Dad about how to be really good at Clouting your kid. #FairTradeUnfairToOthers

11. - Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

12. - Almost the Weekend - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

OW what do you think Plummer is getting out helping Rauner. Possible next SIU President nominee?

13. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:44 pm:

here’s some free office space where campaigns go to die, but I’ll throw in free pizza and fish oil pills.

14. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad wanted to pay for me to win. Dad shoulda just done what Bruce did and call the Congress principal for the seat. Denying the worthy is way cooler. Bruce Rocks! #FiniteSeatsHavePriceMenus

15. - jim - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

Is there something wrong — or even odd — about a businessman engaged in a business venture?
    what’s the issue?

16. - Stones - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:49 pm:

The only thing missing is a Currency Exchange.

17. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Truth Time” - the office is for me and Slip and Sue, and me showin’ her Kool places to hide. Bruce is smart to ask me, I can be a hider like nobody and everything #BorderCounties #ExtraLiabilityInsurance

@FakeJasonPlummer - Um, Bruce, State Farm called; Old mall liability insurance, $1 million, you and S&S, $17.6 million. What gives? #AmbulaceChasingLG #NeckBraces #LessonsToBeTaught

18. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:53 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer “I’d gladly match my experience up against anyone’s” See you at the Strip Mall, “Slip and Sue” #QuoteFinallyWorks #EvWorseThanMe

19. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:58 pm:

@FakeSlipAndSue - Jason, I was wondering, has the sidewalk been repaved? It is snow and ice season #GuessEvWillOwnStripmallSoon

20. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

Jason Plummer heard there was big money to be made owning strip clubs so he went out and bought himself an entire strip mall.

Keep an eye on that kid. He’s going places.

21. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:01 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce is the Dad I never had. Bruce is going to Clout me into the One Direction concert. Dad makes me do chores first. #BruceHas7KidsNow

22. - I'm Strapped - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:04 pm:

Mr Rauner: If elected,can you verify your offices will be:
    1) Chicago
    2)Monticello Plaza, Metro East strip mall, Suite 101(next to the Carharrt front?)

23. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:12 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Uncle Bill just called. Sorry Unc, Mister Bruce promised me like an office and my Slurpee machine filled 24/7. #DonVonCarhartt #OfferJasonNeverRefuses #HmmSlurpees

I am guessing Bruce promised Jason the Ensign Governor spot; not the Lt. Governor, but “LG in Training”, like a CIT at camp for Jason. Jason thought it was Kool.

24. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce was shocked the. “3″ didn’t call for the space. Mister Bruce said he heard of me. #TooManyStringsToLease #BruceAsksRahmAboutMe

25. - Mr. Big Trouble - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

As the cops say, there’s nothing to see here.. move along..

26. - Ghost - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:25 pm:

OW open your campaign office and hot tub store next door…..

27. - circularfiringsquad - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:26 pm:

How about a video poker den aka Lucy’s Crib to round out the space?
    Maybe Daddy’s Little Deduction can hook up with Payton Place Philly ….what a couple

28. - Rail Sitter - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

Dragline: Stay down. You’re beat!
    Luke: You’re gonna haft kill me…

29. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad told Mister Bruce I have like all my shots, so if Mister Bruce wanted me to go on the road, for like a long time, it’s like totally ok #CanIGoToo #OliverFromBradyBunch

30. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:32 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce asked if I was rich, told him yeah. Mister Bruce said he was a Billionaire. I said right to him that Billion isn’t even a word! Mister Bruce is a hoot #AllowanceIsRaunerPocketLint

31. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:35 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce owns part if the Steelers, Red Sox and Bulls. I told him for like $9 he could buy into my fantasy baseball league w/all my Buds. #FantasySportsForUberWealthy

32. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:40 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce if I could call him Uncle Brucey. Asked me if I was - circularfiringsquad -. Guess that was a No.

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce got real sore when I asked if Payton Prep was like a football space camp Dad sent me to last summer. Mister Bruce told me to &$@#%*. Mister Bruce does know Rahm #DictionaryForBadWordsSaid

33. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:44 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - a “Morseman” called about space for these 2 Bill guys running for something. I said “No way, I had one Bill in my life before and it was Bad News. #OW/Bill 2014

34. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about interning too, after the Ensign Gov thing, but he says I missed my calling. No, Dad was calling to get in the back of the Range Rover is all. #CohenCouldntPawnJasonOffForFree

35. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am in Naval Intelligence. Asked me; “On purpose?” “Does the Navy know”. Mister Bruce still laughing #Confused #Hurt #NeedASlurpee

36. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:57 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce likes me. He heard guys call me FUBAR on Post, so he just calls me that and laughs and laughs. #Besties #NicknamesRock

@FakeBruceRauner - please tweet back if you have ideas to keep J. Plummer busy. He went through the crayons and card tricks the first day #Karma #GetWhatYouNeed

37. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:02 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - found out Uncle Brucie is a radio host for like old music before guitars and drums. I’m gonna stick with the stand-bys; One Direction or Carly Rae Jepsen #CallMeMaybeMisterBruce

38. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:04 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about a deposit, cause Dad and like really me, but kinda Dad are donating, Mister Bruce left us a watch #AintNo$18DollarOneEither

39. - Robert the Bruce - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:09 pm:

All that’s missing is Sheila Simon trying to get signatures in the plaza.

40. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked for campaign t-shirt, you know, to like wear at Kams during b-ball season. Told my size was not available, for shirts, hats, buttons, stickers, and signage is out too. Running a campaign on a shoestring sounds tough! #HidingSwagAndEmployees

41. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:13 pm:

@FakeBruceRauner - now I know why the “3″ recommended I get Jason on board. Ok, they got one past me. #MoneyCantStopAllBadDecisions

42. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:14 pm:

Kam’s. good reference.

43. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:17 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - had to move all kinds of my stuff out so Mister Bruce could open. Put my comics in a file cabinet and labeled the Drawer “Position Papers” I positioned them away! #UnjusticeLeague

44. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:20 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad said, no mater what, I get to hang out at that office. Why my key doesn’t work no more is a puzzle I guess #LeaveYourKeyTakeACannoli

45. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening in on my walkie-talkie I planted, sounds like a scorched earth campaign. Hello, Mister Bruce, see my last two weeks last time #BurnedBridgesMeansMoreLumberSoldLater

46. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am Awe-Sime at press releases, as long as his name ain’t Grogran, Grodan, or …whatever, stop laughing. #RatherReleasesWereLikeWheresWaldoK

47. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:31 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Oh! Mister Bruce is really pretending to be real when pretending on the real stuff? Like I am really Ironman #IsJasonOrIsJasonIronman #SecretIdentitiesRockMrBruce

48. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:33 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening on my hidden walkie-talkie I heard Ev & Slip and Sue are one and the same. They all have secret identities I guess #SuperFriendsSuperFakes

49. - WhoKnew - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:35 pm:

Hey Willy!!
    @FakeJasonPlummer - I got this Office Space and it’s #$#@@# Golden! #OnMyWayUp

50. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

- WhoKnew -, the more the merrier.

- PoolGuy - Thanks on the Kams, “forgot” quite a bit there the next mornings

@FakeJasonPlummer - welp. I guess all those bank suits Dad bought me are going to get double duty, and gonna wear them twice to really use them but good #IronmanSuitNotCampaignApprovedEither

51. - Cincinnatus - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

OW,

Are you using billable hours from the consulting firm?

52. - Superanon - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:46 pm:

“Baron, what’s a ‘have not’”?
    “You know, a really rich taxpayer.”
    “So, you and my dad are have not’s?”
    “Yes.”
    “Wow, so because I’m not a really rich taxpayer yet, am I a ‘have’?”
    “I guess you are.”
    “Wowsers, can i buy a nursing home from you?”
    “No.”
    “Come on, I want to be a have not too.”
    “I don’t own them anymore, they lost money.”
    “Running for office loses money.”
    “Get out.”
    “I’m your landlord, how about one of those independent trucking company thingy’s?”
    “No!”
    “Who is Stu Levine.”
    “Get out.”
    “Ok, but were both wearing carharts and cool watches.”
    “Security.”

53. - Liandro - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

…………..

54. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

- Cincinnatus -,

Nope. Not one bit. No signed contract to bill this to.

If you have an address, send it to - AA -, we will send an intro packet.

55. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:09 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey Cincinnatus, get one if those 9 tweeters to let the people know Jason is back, and this time, it’s personal. #IronmanBaronAndSlipAndSueTakeOnTruthHonest

56. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:22 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I am fundamentally excited… that Mister Bruce Rocks! #BuzzWordsWorkWonders

57. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Calling the campaign “Operation Toy Story” - Me? “Woody” (Obviously, duh!), Mister Bruce “Buzz” (buzz words, Buzz Lightyear, hello?) OW is “Stinky Pete” #ManChildHumor

58. - walker - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:43 pm:

med-mar dispensary?

59. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:52 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - attention Buzz, Woody will be at the Toy Box South after a Playdate. #PowerRangersPowerPlayers

60. - x ace - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:56 pm:

“Monticello ”

A hallowed name

Now linked with the twisted minds of Plummer and Rauner

Has me reaching for my Jeffersonian Bible for solace.

61. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:00 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Got the paperwork from State Farm for Slip and Sue to sign before she can come to the Toy Box South. I dunno, 348 pages is a lotta liability policy. #SignHereInitialHereNotarizeThere

62. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti is a fine person, an able public servant and an outstanding LG candidate for Illinois. Also, 348 pages is standard for liability, reflecting nothing ill towards Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti” #LawyersStink #HappyS&S

63. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:10 pm:

Poor Willy is gonna have carpel tunnel syndrome before sundown…

– MrJM

64. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “I would gladly match Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti’s record up against anyone’s.”#GeezThatGoingToBeEnoughEv #TeachingMeShouldntIncludeMePayingYouMoney

65. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - MrJm, OW is seizing no day, understand? There’s no syndrome neither. The sun comes up every day no matter what. #CarpeDiemSyndromeIsTreatable

66. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 5:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce told me he thinks Phil Ponce is a good guy. Boy, Mister Bruce is new to all this. I hope my insight will help him win #DontDoAsISayDidOrDo

67. - for the record - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 6:53 pm:

Actually, having Plummer on your side is like having the French army fighting on your side. Not really worth it.

68. - downstater - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 7:53 pm:

- Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

Pizza World, vitamin supplement store, generic cell phone store and a video game store. Yes, a truly upscale shopping and dining experience. Rauner’s $18 watch will fit right in.-

Pretty elitist comment Rich, and disappointing. These are all small business owners trying to make a living. And how is Verizon a “generic cell phone store”? This was previously a rundown plaza that has now been renovated and revitalized. I don’t see anywhere in the article where someone claimed it was “upscale”.

* *** UPDATED x2 *** How independent is Madigan's new independent counsel?
* Fourth Legionnaires’ case confirmed at Quincy veterans' home
* Biss endorsed by Sierra Club
* Two Metro East GOP primaries take sharp turns toward weirdness
* Rotheimer becomes issue in Rep. Hammond's primary
* Agencies a no-show for Senate hearing on Quincy veterans' home
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today's edition and other campaign news
* Rauner on pension cost-shift's impact on property taxes: "It'll help bring them down"
* *** UPDATED x4 - Cassidy explains - Madigan responds - Mendoza, Bustos and Ammons issue statement - Sen. Bush echoes demand *** Rep. Cassidy wants independent probe into "culture that appears to pervade the organizations led by Speaker Madigan"
* Ives, Kennedy up with two new ads
* Raoul donates Decremer contribution to TIME’S UP Legal Defense Fund
* Candidates lash out at Pritzker after WCIA cancels debate
* More on Gov. Rauner's budget proposal
* *** LIVE *** Session coverage
* *** UPDATED x1 - Madigan responds *** Madigan operative removed from campaigns after complaints, Biss demands resignation of party chairmanship
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Rauner slammed from the right over Janus case
* *** UPDATED x3 - IDCCA clarifies - Biss buy - Quinn responds *** Holiday Monday quick takes: Rotering's new ad slams Quinn; Biss is up on Downstate TV; Pritzker reloads; Daily Journal endorses Ives; IDCCA unveils zero-tolerance policy and pledge
* Konkol out at Chicago Reader after "tumultuous ten days"
* Madigan asks Bustos, Mendoza and Ammons to "develop a plan for elevating the status of women in the party"
* Saturday quick hits: Mendoza wants Quincy veterans moved; Biss and Raoul report big bucks; Reader cover fallout intensifies

* Lawmaker rips Gov. Bruce Rauner on Legionnaires.....
* Madigan's leadership becomes Democratic primary.....

* Woman sues Twitter, Facebook, Google over 2015 Paris attacks
* Storm system brings flooding, freezing rain, snow to Midwest
* The Latest: Weather officials: 3 twisters hit North Texas
* Chicago-area woman sues social media sites over Paris attack
* Illinois to pick state's '200 greatest' to mark bicentennial
* Appeals court reinstated jury award in fatal police shooting
* Illinois sees flood warnings as snow melts, heavy rains fall
* Senate plan would require rear-facing car seats until age 2
* Guardian to make decisions about Amanda Ware's children
* Lawmaker rips Rauner on Legionnaires' response at vets' home

* Madigan's leadership becomes Democratic primary litmus test amid handling of harassment complaints
* (No heading)
* Another Legionnaires' case found in Quincy as lawmakers meet
* Illinois Senate plan would require rear-facing car seats until age 2
* Gov. Rauner accused of politicizing Janus union dues case
* Democratic candidates for governor debate Wednesday at UIS
* Madigan parts ways with second operative after female lawmaker alleges 'abuse of power'
* Opponents: Rauner insurance changes would hurt state workers, retired teachers
* Can middle-class candidate Daniel Biss defeat millionaires in Illinois?
* Speaker Madigan: 'I take responsibility' for not doing enough on sexual harassment issue

* Loyola health system CEO takes job out west
* Hospital accounting error adds up to $92 million
* Rite Aid was Albertson's last best hope
* $6.50 a share? Try 18 cents.
* Rite Aid was Albertsons' last best hope

* Woman, 19, suffers graze wound in Lake View
* Man shot in South Austin
* Crash causes power outages in Hanover Park
* Man climbs through bedroom window, sexually assaults woman
* Man exposed himself to child, tried to lure her into car
* Americans rally after shaky starts in women’s short program
* Americans only manage bronze medal in ice dancing
* CPS watchdog finds widespread pattern of unfair elementary admissions
* Dear Abby: Stop asking me if I’m breastfeeding
* Cops: Man sexually assaulted woman after breaking into Brighton Park apartment

* Thousands of students improperly won seats in CPS schools, a 'pervasive problem,' inspector general says
* U.S. eliminated after losing in shootout to Czech Republic in men's hockey quarterfinal
* Trump's 'tougher on Russia' claim fits a pattern of striving to one-up Obama
* A Florida lawmaker's aide called school-shooting survivors 'actors.' Within hours, he was fired.
* More than 200 dead in Syrian government airstrikes as the war ramps up
* Trump, citing 'evil massacre' in Florida, floats ideas on gun control that could put him at odds with NRA
* Woman sexually assaulted during Southwest Side home invasion
* Florida survivors, lawmakers on collision course over guns
* 'Criminal activity' by key informant doomed drug ring case against ex-Schaumburg cop, prosecutors say
* Freezing rain, sleet could make Wednesday morning rush hazardous

» Lawmaker Rips Rauner On Legionnaires' Response At Vets' Home
» Illinois Lawmaker Looks To Ban AR-15, 'Ghost Guns'
» After Husband's DUI, Supreme Court OKs Seizure Of Wife's Harley
» Setting the Record Not-So-Straight: Rights Group Pushes Inclusive History in IL Classrooms
» Mourners: Slain Chicago Officer Was 'One Of The Good Guys'
» Madigan Says He's Taking Steps To End Harassment, Abuse
» 2016 Report Put Quincy Plumbing Fix At $8M
» State Week: Governor Rauner Presents His Budget
» Rauner Budget Doesn’t Use 'Pixie Dust,' But It’s Fanciful Nonetheless
» Dem Candidates Dissatisfied With Madigan's Response To Sexual Harrassment Claims

* Our View: Illinois Democrats, tell Madigan to step aside
* (No heading)
* Another Legionnaires' case found in Quincy as lawmakers meet
* Ralph Martire: Rauner's budget proposal fails our schoolchildren
* Catherine Rampell: Don't blame 'Washington.' Blame the GOP.
* Marc Thiessen: Stop politicizing the Russia investigation

* Ethel L. Pierson
* Brayden John Pahl
* Fred A. Salmo
* Jackie L. Hoffman

* Hoffman Estates babysitter accused of shaking, hurting baby
* Woman sues Twitter, Facebook, Google over 2015 Paris attacks
* Wheaton council denies plans for addiction treatment center
* Argument in Batavia Steak 'N Shake drive-through ends in shooting
* Berlin on why he dropped ex-Schaumburg cop's case: Informant was under investigation

* Letter: Gun debate prompts need to know yo...
* What to Expect When Congress Talks Blockch...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* Reps Question DHS's Decision to Deny Asylu...
* Duckworth taps downstate principal as Stat...
* Members of Congress Advocate for Prisoners...
* ELECTIONS 14TH CONGRESSIONAL DIST. Victor ...
* Before the State of the Union, a chance to...
* House passes bill boosting funding to Illi...
* Gun-rights groups giving to Illinois Repub...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...

* This RSS feed URL is deprecated...

* CBS Chicago: Why Are CTA's Train Lines Color-Coded?
* Posting pictures at United Center entrances -- how else to ban them?
* Learn about Connections Between Health and Nature at ICA’s Mental Wellness & Uptown’s Coast
* "Coverage Where It Counts" -- In Uptown
* GoGrocer Coming To Imperial Towers
* Breitbart: ‘Black Panther’ Criticized for Lack of LGBT Representation
* Where is Tim Cunningham? #ATL #Morehouse #Blackandmissing
* Hole up in a mountainside bunker on the gig poster of the week
* Watch chef Christopher Thompson create the most expensive pizza ever made with Chef Boyardee ravioli
* Grand Purim Party At Chabad of Uptown

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* Key Moto G6 Play specs confirmed in benchmark, G6 family codenames also revealed
* Apple in Talks to Buy Key Battery Ingredient Cobalt Directly From Miners
* Chinese rumors say iPhone SE 2 now set to launch at WWDC 2018
* Jobs posted for Spotify hardware projects
* Android P can ban background apps from recording audio
* AT&T Sponsored Data program now available for prepaid plans
* Mozilla and NSF awards $380K to small projects connecting the unconnected

* If you’re a writer, and you see good writing, sometimes, or mostly,...
* Robert finding comfort zone at first spring camp
* All clubs to don Stoneman caps for ST openers