Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Pure, unadulterated comment bait
Pure, unadulterated comment bait

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014

* Jason Plummer discusses his Metro East strip mall

“Since we purchased Monticello Plaza we’ve probably added about 12,000 square feet of new space with tenants who are opening and operating; we’ve signed another 30,000 square feet that we have signed leases on, but they’re not open yet,” said Midwest Asset Group owner Jason Plummer. “It’s good, but we’ve been fortunate to work with the village of Godfrey; it’s a great community.”

Pizza World and Russell Cellular, a Verizon store, occupy a new building added to the Monticello complex. Pizza World, owned by franchisee Dave Stafford of Godfrey, opened last week; Russell Cellular will open Monday. Each will have a ribbon cutting and grand opening in February.

Also opening next month at Monticello’s main and existing building is LAG Gaming, owned by Scott Hampton, and next door to the video game store will be a second location for Complete Supplements, owned by Matt Hamman, which has a Maryville store. A few months ago Apex, a physical therapy business, opened next door to the antique mall in Monticello.

Republican Illinois gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner officially opened his campaign office Saturday at Monticello Plaza with a grand opening in the afternoon when he spoke to the public. Rauner is a businessman from Chicago.

I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.

Have at it, kids.

1. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:29 pm:

“I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.”

It’s nice to see Bruce’s luck is turning around.

– MrJM

2. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Willie, log off. Nothing to see here.

3. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Rich!

Are you and Plummer and Rauner in cahoots with my 3 doctors, my special cardiologist, my yoga instructor, life coach, the barista at the coffee stand and “Dave”, who I talk to for 45 minutes once a week about … well, we leave that all in the. “Exit Room”…

I may need a moment, like “Dave” told me to take during times like this…

4. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:31 pm:

(Looks at calendar, not ‘April 1′…)

5. - Soccermom - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:33 pm:

When people say “run government like a business” do they mean “give valuable stuff away for free to political cronies”?

6. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:34 pm:

Maybe Jason thinks Rauner will appoint him Illinois’ Ambassador to..I don’t know, Disneyworld?

7. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:36 pm:

Good to see the have-nots looking out for each other.

8. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

Which one of them claims the homestead exemption on the campaign office?

9. - Plummet - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

I believe the news here is that Plummer donated something to someone other than himself.

10. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:41 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - it was kinda of a bummer giving up the space at the strip mall. I kept an offices there, one like my LG office shoulda been, pretending is fun #JustLikeBruce

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce us cool. I got a Payton Prep sweatshirt and a brand new Carhartt #PropsNotThoseKindOfProps

@FakeJasonPlummer - Good trade; Brucd gets the office space, Bruce teaches Dad about how to be really good at Clouting your kid. #FairTradeUnfairToOthers

11. - Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

12. - Almost the Weekend - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

OW what do you think Plummer is getting out helping Rauner. Possible next SIU President nominee?

13. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:44 pm:

here’s some free office space where campaigns go to die, but I’ll throw in free pizza and fish oil pills.

14. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad wanted to pay for me to win. Dad shoulda just done what Bruce did and call the Congress principal for the seat. Denying the worthy is way cooler. Bruce Rocks! #FiniteSeatsHavePriceMenus

15. - jim - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

Is there something wrong — or even odd — about a businessman engaged in a business venture?
    what’s the issue?

16. - Stones - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:49 pm:

The only thing missing is a Currency Exchange.

17. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Truth Time” - the office is for me and Slip and Sue, and me showin’ her Kool places to hide. Bruce is smart to ask me, I can be a hider like nobody and everything #BorderCounties #ExtraLiabilityInsurance

@FakeJasonPlummer - Um, Bruce, State Farm called; Old mall liability insurance, $1 million, you and S&S, $17.6 million. What gives? #AmbulaceChasingLG #NeckBraces #LessonsToBeTaught

18. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:53 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer “I’d gladly match my experience up against anyone’s” See you at the Strip Mall, “Slip and Sue” #QuoteFinallyWorks #EvWorseThanMe

19. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:58 pm:

@FakeSlipAndSue - Jason, I was wondering, has the sidewalk been repaved? It is snow and ice season #GuessEvWillOwnStripmallSoon

20. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

Jason Plummer heard there was big money to be made owning strip clubs so he went out and bought himself an entire strip mall.

Keep an eye on that kid. He’s going places.

21. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:01 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce is the Dad I never had. Bruce is going to Clout me into the One Direction concert. Dad makes me do chores first. #BruceHas7KidsNow

22. - I'm Strapped - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:04 pm:

Mr Rauner: If elected,can you verify your offices will be:
    1) Chicago
    2)Monticello Plaza, Metro East strip mall, Suite 101(next to the Carharrt front?)

23. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:12 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Uncle Bill just called. Sorry Unc, Mister Bruce promised me like an office and my Slurpee machine filled 24/7. #DonVonCarhartt #OfferJasonNeverRefuses #HmmSlurpees

I am guessing Bruce promised Jason the Ensign Governor spot; not the Lt. Governor, but “LG in Training”, like a CIT at camp for Jason. Jason thought it was Kool.

24. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce was shocked the. “3″ didn’t call for the space. Mister Bruce said he heard of me. #TooManyStringsToLease #BruceAsksRahmAboutMe

25. - Mr. Big Trouble - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

As the cops say, there’s nothing to see here.. move along..

26. - Ghost - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:25 pm:

OW open your campaign office and hot tub store next door…..

27. - circularfiringsquad - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:26 pm:

How about a video poker den aka Lucy’s Crib to round out the space?
    Maybe Daddy’s Little Deduction can hook up with Payton Place Philly ….what a couple

28. - Rail Sitter - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

Dragline: Stay down. You’re beat!
    Luke: You’re gonna haft kill me…

29. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad told Mister Bruce I have like all my shots, so if Mister Bruce wanted me to go on the road, for like a long time, it’s like totally ok #CanIGoToo #OliverFromBradyBunch

30. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:32 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce asked if I was rich, told him yeah. Mister Bruce said he was a Billionaire. I said right to him that Billion isn’t even a word! Mister Bruce is a hoot #AllowanceIsRaunerPocketLint

31. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:35 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce owns part if the Steelers, Red Sox and Bulls. I told him for like $9 he could buy into my fantasy baseball league w/all my Buds. #FantasySportsForUberWealthy

32. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:40 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce if I could call him Uncle Brucey. Asked me if I was - circularfiringsquad -. Guess that was a No.

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce got real sore when I asked if Payton Prep was like a football space camp Dad sent me to last summer. Mister Bruce told me to &$@#%*. Mister Bruce does know Rahm #DictionaryForBadWordsSaid

33. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:44 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - a “Morseman” called about space for these 2 Bill guys running for something. I said “No way, I had one Bill in my life before and it was Bad News. #OW/Bill 2014

34. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about interning too, after the Ensign Gov thing, but he says I missed my calling. No, Dad was calling to get in the back of the Range Rover is all. #CohenCouldntPawnJasonOffForFree

35. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am in Naval Intelligence. Asked me; “On purpose?” “Does the Navy know”. Mister Bruce still laughing #Confused #Hurt #NeedASlurpee

36. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:57 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce likes me. He heard guys call me FUBAR on Post, so he just calls me that and laughs and laughs. #Besties #NicknamesRock

@FakeBruceRauner - please tweet back if you have ideas to keep J. Plummer busy. He went through the crayons and card tricks the first day #Karma #GetWhatYouNeed

37. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:02 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - found out Uncle Brucie is a radio host for like old music before guitars and drums. I’m gonna stick with the stand-bys; One Direction or Carly Rae Jepsen #CallMeMaybeMisterBruce

38. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:04 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about a deposit, cause Dad and like really me, but kinda Dad are donating, Mister Bruce left us a watch #AintNo$18DollarOneEither

39. - Robert the Bruce - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:09 pm:

All that’s missing is Sheila Simon trying to get signatures in the plaza.

40. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked for campaign t-shirt, you know, to like wear at Kams during b-ball season. Told my size was not available, for shirts, hats, buttons, stickers, and signage is out too. Running a campaign on a shoestring sounds tough! #HidingSwagAndEmployees

41. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:13 pm:

@FakeBruceRauner - now I know why the “3″ recommended I get Jason on board. Ok, they got one past me. #MoneyCantStopAllBadDecisions

42. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:14 pm:

Kam’s. good reference.

43. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:17 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - had to move all kinds of my stuff out so Mister Bruce could open. Put my comics in a file cabinet and labeled the Drawer “Position Papers” I positioned them away! #UnjusticeLeague

44. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:20 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad said, no mater what, I get to hang out at that office. Why my key doesn’t work no more is a puzzle I guess #LeaveYourKeyTakeACannoli

45. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening in on my walkie-talkie I planted, sounds like a scorched earth campaign. Hello, Mister Bruce, see my last two weeks last time #BurnedBridgesMeansMoreLumberSoldLater

46. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am Awe-Sime at press releases, as long as his name ain’t Grogran, Grodan, or …whatever, stop laughing. #RatherReleasesWereLikeWheresWaldoK

47. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:31 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Oh! Mister Bruce is really pretending to be real when pretending on the real stuff? Like I am really Ironman #IsJasonOrIsJasonIronman #SecretIdentitiesRockMrBruce

48. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:33 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening on my hidden walkie-talkie I heard Ev & Slip and Sue are one and the same. They all have secret identities I guess #SuperFriendsSuperFakes

49. - WhoKnew - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:35 pm:

Hey Willy!!
    @FakeJasonPlummer - I got this Office Space and it’s #$#@@# Golden! #OnMyWayUp

50. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

- WhoKnew -, the more the merrier.

- PoolGuy - Thanks on the Kams, “forgot” quite a bit there the next mornings

@FakeJasonPlummer - welp. I guess all those bank suits Dad bought me are going to get double duty, and gonna wear them twice to really use them but good #IronmanSuitNotCampaignApprovedEither

51. - Cincinnatus - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

OW,

Are you using billable hours from the consulting firm?

52. - Superanon - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:46 pm:

“Baron, what’s a ‘have not’”?
    “You know, a really rich taxpayer.”
    “So, you and my dad are have not’s?”
    “Yes.”
    “Wow, so because I’m not a really rich taxpayer yet, am I a ‘have’?”
    “I guess you are.”
    “Wowsers, can i buy a nursing home from you?”
    “No.”
    “Come on, I want to be a have not too.”
    “I don’t own them anymore, they lost money.”
    “Running for office loses money.”
    “Get out.”
    “I’m your landlord, how about one of those independent trucking company thingy’s?”
    “No!”
    “Who is Stu Levine.”
    “Get out.”
    “Ok, but were both wearing carharts and cool watches.”
    “Security.”

53. - Liandro - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

…………..

54. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

- Cincinnatus -,

Nope. Not one bit. No signed contract to bill this to.

If you have an address, send it to - AA -, we will send an intro packet.

55. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:09 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey Cincinnatus, get one if those 9 tweeters to let the people know Jason is back, and this time, it’s personal. #IronmanBaronAndSlipAndSueTakeOnTruthHonest

56. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:22 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I am fundamentally excited… that Mister Bruce Rocks! #BuzzWordsWorkWonders

57. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Calling the campaign “Operation Toy Story” - Me? “Woody” (Obviously, duh!), Mister Bruce “Buzz” (buzz words, Buzz Lightyear, hello?) OW is “Stinky Pete” #ManChildHumor

58. - walker - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:43 pm:

med-mar dispensary?

59. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:52 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - attention Buzz, Woody will be at the Toy Box South after a Playdate. #PowerRangersPowerPlayers

60. - x ace - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:56 pm:

“Monticello ”

A hallowed name

Now linked with the twisted minds of Plummer and Rauner

Has me reaching for my Jeffersonian Bible for solace.

61. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:00 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Got the paperwork from State Farm for Slip and Sue to sign before she can come to the Toy Box South. I dunno, 348 pages is a lotta liability policy. #SignHereInitialHereNotarizeThere

62. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti is a fine person, an able public servant and an outstanding LG candidate for Illinois. Also, 348 pages is standard for liability, reflecting nothing ill towards Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti” #LawyersStink #HappyS&S

63. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:10 pm:

Poor Willy is gonna have carpel tunnel syndrome before sundown…

– MrJM

64. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “I would gladly match Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti’s record up against anyone’s.”#GeezThatGoingToBeEnoughEv #TeachingMeShouldntIncludeMePayingYouMoney

65. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - MrJm, OW is seizing no day, understand? There’s no syndrome neither. The sun comes up every day no matter what. #CarpeDiemSyndromeIsTreatable

66. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 5:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce told me he thinks Phil Ponce is a good guy. Boy, Mister Bruce is new to all this. I hope my insight will help him win #DontDoAsISayDidOrDo

67. - for the record - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 6:53 pm:

Actually, having Plummer on your side is like having the French army fighting on your side. Not really worth it.

68. - downstater - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 7:53 pm:

- Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

Pizza World, vitamin supplement store, generic cell phone store and a video game store. Yes, a truly upscale shopping and dining experience. Rauner’s $18 watch will fit right in.-

Pretty elitist comment Rich, and disappointing. These are all small business owners trying to make a living. And how is Verizon a “generic cell phone store”? This was previously a rundown plaza that has now been renovated and revitalized. I don’t see anywhere in the article where someone claimed it was “upscale”.

* Amazon HQ2 site list unveiled
* Out of sight out of mind?
* Frerichs tries to use state investments to prod Facebook into cleaning up its act
* The rise of the billionaire governors
* Camelot promises to grow lottery sales by 40 percent
* Munger tries to defend Rauner veto of Debt Transparency Act
* Rauner: "I can’t comment on any business disputes"
* Rauner finally takes a stand on a federal issue
* Moody's says "political backlash" against pop tax could make other tax hikes more difficult
* Report: Amazon subsidy could add up to $2 billion
* *** UPDATED x1 *** 10,800 jobs lost in a single month, but Illinois media barely notices
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Supplement to today’s edition
* MLB open thread

* Governor's Administration Present Budget Cuts -.....
* Governor's Administration Present Budget Cuts -.....
* Chicago releases list of possible Amazon headqu.....
* Chicago releases list of possible Amazon headqu.....

* Illinois city, county to implement domestic violence program
* Suburban neighborhood evacuated after gas explosions
* New Fort Wayne home planned for extensive Lincoln collection
* Peoria police officers to widely use body cameras by spring
* Cemetery won't allow mention of "rapist" priests at grave
* Lincoln museum exhibit features Christmas at the White House
* Voter advocates push Illinois to exit multistate database
* EXCHANGE: Encounter group spawns group of lifelong friends
* EXCHANGE: Woman finds meaning in helping animals in need
* Medical students in limbo as young immigrant program ends

* Illinois Lottery's new manager projects $4B in sales
* UIS students could study at newly proposed Chicago research center
* Aaron Schock attorneys contest federal claims on misstatements
* Under the Dome Podcast: Will lawmakers address gun control during the veto session?
* Chicago lawyer announces bid for Illinois attorney general
* Illinois borrows $1.5B at reduced interest to pay down debt
* Rauner cuts human services, other area in state budget
* Pritzker makes list of richest Americans; Rauner releases tax returns
* Pritzker makes list of richest Americans; Gov. Rauner doesn't
* Pritzker makes list of richest Americans, Gov. Rauner doesn't

* Is Dem primary over? No, but Pritzker rivals need to pick up pace
* The biggest Chicago-area building sales
* Here are the sites Chicago is pitching to Amazon
* Emanuel's challenges are far from over
* Clarification

* Man wanted in connection with wallet theft at Aurora gas station
* Man shot to death in Grayslake
* ARTHUR CYR: Iran – a crisis without an end
* Trump tweets he’ll allow release of classified JFK shooting files
* BROWN: In one Puerto Rican village, the river ran wild
* Today at the Chicago International Film Festival: ‘Princess Cyd’
* 2 workers seriously injured constructing gas pipeline in Elgin
* 11 people wounded in Chicago shootings since Friday afternoon
* MAP: Chicago weekend shootings tracker for Oct. 20 – 23
* Mercedes-Benz GLE: Mid-Size SUV offers luxury with four engine options

* Woman found killed in Gary home identified by coroner
* LINDA C. BLACK HOROSCOPES for 10/21/17
* Illinois pollution board to rule on complaint alleging coal ash contaminated groundwater
* Lake County deputies investigate fatal shooting of Zion man
* 'We all took cover behind the register:' 3 shot in Greektown restaurant after violent brawl
* Cubs should be back in contention in 2018, but you can't count on it
* Trump plans to release of JFK assassination documents despite concerns from agencies
* 2020 should be good time for Mitch Trubisky vs. Deshaun Watson debate
* Five key questions facing the Cubs this offseason
* Mark Wahlberg says he prayed to God for forgiveness for 'Boogie Nights'

» Lawmaker Says Facebook Refuses To Fact Check Ads
» State Week: Chasing Amazon, Bonding Debt
» Teaching Kids To ‘Say Something’ In An Era of School Shootings
» Illinois Issues: Cities Lose Out On Retail Tax As Online Shopping Booms
» What Could Hurt Chicago’s Bid For Amazon’s HQ2?
» At CPS, More Special Education Dollars Go To White, Wealthier Students
» Illinois Bond Sale To Help Pay $16bn Debts
» Mayor To Propose Higher Prices For Ridesharing, Big Concerts
» WBEZ Investigation: CPS Secretly Overhauled Special Education At Students’ Expense
» How's The Illinois Economy? For Rauner Administration, Depends On The Audience

* Guest Column: What taxpayers should demand from next attorney general
* Ed Rogers: The Democratic Party's obsession with Hollywood celebrities was bound to blow up
* Illinois Lottery's new manager projects $4B in sales
* Counterpoint: Updating antiquated systems will open door to transparency
* Point: Taxpayers deserve a better look at the state’s bills
* Thumbs Up: To recent acts of kindness in Springfield
* Eugene Robinson: Trump's the one who didn't know 'what he was signing up for'
* UIS students could study at newly proposed Chicago research center
* Aaron Schock attorneys contest federal claims on misstatements
* Illinois Trial Lawyers Association: U.S. Chamber Poll is another attack on the rights of Illinois citizens

* PHOTOS: American Heart Association's Macon County Heart and Stroke Walk 2017
* 'Ghost signs': Faded artistry spirits viewers into Decatur's past
* Dosunmu: 'I can change the culture'
* Suspect injured after shooting outside Curbside in Carbondale
* Shooting in Carbondale leaves 1 injured
* Game of the Week: STM-Uni High boys' soccer sectional title game
* Selling self-confidence: Sue's II boutique in Benton helps those struggling with hair loss
* A change in weather ahead
* Sleepy teens should consider ditching the phone, experts say
* Bloomington man pens Lincoln law tour guide

* St. Charles police arrest man, 21, with loaded defaced gun, marijuana
* DuPage inmate, held on $3.7 million bail, racks up additional charges in jail
* Dortmund mini-slump continues in 2-2 draw at Frankfurt
* Barrington finishes up West unscathed
* Westmont condos secure, many residents return following explosion

* Dissident artist Ai Weiwei and US Rep. Ran...
* Hultgren 'disappointed' about potential re...
* Democratic 14th Congressional District can...
* GOP congressmen say Rauner 'let down' Illi...
* Bipartisan group of lawmakers pushes job t...
* Hundreds of high school students tour Smit...
* Naperville's Lauren Underwood to run for R...
* Rival: Kinzinger not conservative - MyWebT...
* Measure extends term of FSOC independent m...
* Helsinki Commission urges Erdogan to end p...

* Rock Island gets $971183 in federal grants......

* Infrastructure a priority in meeting with ......
* Rock Island gets $971183 in federal grants......

* Palatine para-professionals aren’t worth an 11 cent raise but they are too essential to allow them to strike.
* Keeping retirement weird. They don’t want to just end our defined benefit. They’re going after the defined contribution too. Shameless thieves.
* Do knee-jerk pols put any thought into votes they cast on govt. business?
* Chicago Design Week’s best events
* Illinois teacher retirees: What the hell is Walgreen’s up to?
* Raimondo and Rahm make an offer to Amazon. It’s a secret.
* Will Third Time Be The Charm For 4537 N. Clark?
* The Chicago Trib’s scab columnist John Kass calls me a fanatic.
* Hitting Left with the Klonsky Brothers episode #37. Charles Thomas.
* Live From the Green Mill... It's Saturday Night!

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* GitHub’s scandalized ex-CEO returns with Chatterbug
* How many HTC U11 Plus specs can fit in an evleaks tweet?
* Google will refund you if you overpaid for a Pixel 2 at a pop-up store
* Redesigning the TechCrunch app
* JerryRigEverything slams Pixel 2 durability
* Google Pixel 2: A Fantastic First Impression (Video)
* Google Home Mini starts shipping, Verizon promotes JBL Link 300

* Sporcle Saturday: Long bombs
* Petricka undergoes surgery on right elbow
* Avisail sees similarities in rebuild, stellar year
* White Sox Arizona Fall League overview
* Ron Gardenhire’s second chance back in AL Central
* Jimenez among prospects in winter leagues
* The five longest White Sox home runs of 2017