Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Pure, unadulterated comment bait
Pure, unadulterated comment bait

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014

* Jason Plummer discusses his Metro East strip mall

“Since we purchased Monticello Plaza we’ve probably added about 12,000 square feet of new space with tenants who are opening and operating; we’ve signed another 30,000 square feet that we have signed leases on, but they’re not open yet,” said Midwest Asset Group owner Jason Plummer. “It’s good, but we’ve been fortunate to work with the village of Godfrey; it’s a great community.”

Pizza World and Russell Cellular, a Verizon store, occupy a new building added to the Monticello complex. Pizza World, owned by franchisee Dave Stafford of Godfrey, opened last week; Russell Cellular will open Monday. Each will have a ribbon cutting and grand opening in February.

Also opening next month at Monticello’s main and existing building is LAG Gaming, owned by Scott Hampton, and next door to the video game store will be a second location for Complete Supplements, owned by Matt Hamman, which has a Maryville store. A few months ago Apex, a physical therapy business, opened next door to the antique mall in Monticello.

Republican Illinois gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner officially opened his campaign office Saturday at Monticello Plaza with a grand opening in the afternoon when he spoke to the public. Rauner is a businessman from Chicago.

I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.

Have at it, kids.

1. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:29 pm:

“I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.”

It’s nice to see Bruce’s luck is turning around.

– MrJM

2. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Willie, log off. Nothing to see here.

3. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Rich!

Are you and Plummer and Rauner in cahoots with my 3 doctors, my special cardiologist, my yoga instructor, life coach, the barista at the coffee stand and “Dave”, who I talk to for 45 minutes once a week about … well, we leave that all in the. “Exit Room”…

I may need a moment, like “Dave” told me to take during times like this…

4. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:31 pm:

(Looks at calendar, not ‘April 1′…)

5. - Soccermom - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:33 pm:

When people say “run government like a business” do they mean “give valuable stuff away for free to political cronies”?

6. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:34 pm:

Maybe Jason thinks Rauner will appoint him Illinois’ Ambassador to..I don’t know, Disneyworld?

7. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:36 pm:

Good to see the have-nots looking out for each other.

8. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

Which one of them claims the homestead exemption on the campaign office?

9. - Plummet - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

I believe the news here is that Plummer donated something to someone other than himself.

10. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:41 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - it was kinda of a bummer giving up the space at the strip mall. I kept an offices there, one like my LG office shoulda been, pretending is fun #JustLikeBruce

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce us cool. I got a Payton Prep sweatshirt and a brand new Carhartt #PropsNotThoseKindOfProps

@FakeJasonPlummer - Good trade; Brucd gets the office space, Bruce teaches Dad about how to be really good at Clouting your kid. #FairTradeUnfairToOthers

11. - Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

12. - Almost the Weekend - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

OW what do you think Plummer is getting out helping Rauner. Possible next SIU President nominee?

13. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:44 pm:

here’s some free office space where campaigns go to die, but I’ll throw in free pizza and fish oil pills.

14. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad wanted to pay for me to win. Dad shoulda just done what Bruce did and call the Congress principal for the seat. Denying the worthy is way cooler. Bruce Rocks! #FiniteSeatsHavePriceMenus

15. - jim - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

Is there something wrong — or even odd — about a businessman engaged in a business venture?
    what’s the issue?

16. - Stones - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:49 pm:

The only thing missing is a Currency Exchange.

17. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Truth Time” - the office is for me and Slip and Sue, and me showin’ her Kool places to hide. Bruce is smart to ask me, I can be a hider like nobody and everything #BorderCounties #ExtraLiabilityInsurance

@FakeJasonPlummer - Um, Bruce, State Farm called; Old mall liability insurance, $1 million, you and S&S, $17.6 million. What gives? #AmbulaceChasingLG #NeckBraces #LessonsToBeTaught

18. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:53 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer “I’d gladly match my experience up against anyone’s” See you at the Strip Mall, “Slip and Sue” #QuoteFinallyWorks #EvWorseThanMe

19. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:58 pm:

@FakeSlipAndSue - Jason, I was wondering, has the sidewalk been repaved? It is snow and ice season #GuessEvWillOwnStripmallSoon

20. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

Jason Plummer heard there was big money to be made owning strip clubs so he went out and bought himself an entire strip mall.

Keep an eye on that kid. He’s going places.

21. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:01 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce is the Dad I never had. Bruce is going to Clout me into the One Direction concert. Dad makes me do chores first. #BruceHas7KidsNow

22. - I'm Strapped - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:04 pm:

Mr Rauner: If elected,can you verify your offices will be:
    1) Chicago
    2)Monticello Plaza, Metro East strip mall, Suite 101(next to the Carharrt front?)

23. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:12 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Uncle Bill just called. Sorry Unc, Mister Bruce promised me like an office and my Slurpee machine filled 24/7. #DonVonCarhartt #OfferJasonNeverRefuses #HmmSlurpees

I am guessing Bruce promised Jason the Ensign Governor spot; not the Lt. Governor, but “LG in Training”, like a CIT at camp for Jason. Jason thought it was Kool.

24. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce was shocked the. “3″ didn’t call for the space. Mister Bruce said he heard of me. #TooManyStringsToLease #BruceAsksRahmAboutMe

25. - Mr. Big Trouble - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

As the cops say, there’s nothing to see here.. move along..

26. - Ghost - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:25 pm:

OW open your campaign office and hot tub store next door…..

27. - circularfiringsquad - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:26 pm:

How about a video poker den aka Lucy’s Crib to round out the space?
    Maybe Daddy’s Little Deduction can hook up with Payton Place Philly ….what a couple

28. - Rail Sitter - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

Dragline: Stay down. You’re beat!
    Luke: You’re gonna haft kill me…

29. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad told Mister Bruce I have like all my shots, so if Mister Bruce wanted me to go on the road, for like a long time, it’s like totally ok #CanIGoToo #OliverFromBradyBunch

30. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:32 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce asked if I was rich, told him yeah. Mister Bruce said he was a Billionaire. I said right to him that Billion isn’t even a word! Mister Bruce is a hoot #AllowanceIsRaunerPocketLint

31. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:35 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce owns part if the Steelers, Red Sox and Bulls. I told him for like $9 he could buy into my fantasy baseball league w/all my Buds. #FantasySportsForUberWealthy

32. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:40 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce if I could call him Uncle Brucey. Asked me if I was - circularfiringsquad -. Guess that was a No.

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce got real sore when I asked if Payton Prep was like a football space camp Dad sent me to last summer. Mister Bruce told me to &$@#%*. Mister Bruce does know Rahm #DictionaryForBadWordsSaid

33. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:44 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - a “Morseman” called about space for these 2 Bill guys running for something. I said “No way, I had one Bill in my life before and it was Bad News. #OW/Bill 2014

34. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about interning too, after the Ensign Gov thing, but he says I missed my calling. No, Dad was calling to get in the back of the Range Rover is all. #CohenCouldntPawnJasonOffForFree

35. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am in Naval Intelligence. Asked me; “On purpose?” “Does the Navy know”. Mister Bruce still laughing #Confused #Hurt #NeedASlurpee

36. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:57 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce likes me. He heard guys call me FUBAR on Post, so he just calls me that and laughs and laughs. #Besties #NicknamesRock

@FakeBruceRauner - please tweet back if you have ideas to keep J. Plummer busy. He went through the crayons and card tricks the first day #Karma #GetWhatYouNeed

37. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:02 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - found out Uncle Brucie is a radio host for like old music before guitars and drums. I’m gonna stick with the stand-bys; One Direction or Carly Rae Jepsen #CallMeMaybeMisterBruce

38. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:04 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about a deposit, cause Dad and like really me, but kinda Dad are donating, Mister Bruce left us a watch #AintNo$18DollarOneEither

39. - Robert the Bruce - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:09 pm:

All that’s missing is Sheila Simon trying to get signatures in the plaza.

40. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked for campaign t-shirt, you know, to like wear at Kams during b-ball season. Told my size was not available, for shirts, hats, buttons, stickers, and signage is out too. Running a campaign on a shoestring sounds tough! #HidingSwagAndEmployees

41. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:13 pm:

@FakeBruceRauner - now I know why the “3″ recommended I get Jason on board. Ok, they got one past me. #MoneyCantStopAllBadDecisions

42. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:14 pm:

Kam’s. good reference.

43. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:17 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - had to move all kinds of my stuff out so Mister Bruce could open. Put my comics in a file cabinet and labeled the Drawer “Position Papers” I positioned them away! #UnjusticeLeague

44. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:20 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad said, no mater what, I get to hang out at that office. Why my key doesn’t work no more is a puzzle I guess #LeaveYourKeyTakeACannoli

45. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening in on my walkie-talkie I planted, sounds like a scorched earth campaign. Hello, Mister Bruce, see my last two weeks last time #BurnedBridgesMeansMoreLumberSoldLater

46. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am Awe-Sime at press releases, as long as his name ain’t Grogran, Grodan, or …whatever, stop laughing. #RatherReleasesWereLikeWheresWaldoK

47. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:31 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Oh! Mister Bruce is really pretending to be real when pretending on the real stuff? Like I am really Ironman #IsJasonOrIsJasonIronman #SecretIdentitiesRockMrBruce

48. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:33 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening on my hidden walkie-talkie I heard Ev & Slip and Sue are one and the same. They all have secret identities I guess #SuperFriendsSuperFakes

49. - WhoKnew - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:35 pm:

Hey Willy!!
    @FakeJasonPlummer - I got this Office Space and it’s #$#@@# Golden! #OnMyWayUp

50. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

- WhoKnew -, the more the merrier.

- PoolGuy - Thanks on the Kams, “forgot” quite a bit there the next mornings

@FakeJasonPlummer - welp. I guess all those bank suits Dad bought me are going to get double duty, and gonna wear them twice to really use them but good #IronmanSuitNotCampaignApprovedEither

51. - Cincinnatus - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

OW,

Are you using billable hours from the consulting firm?

52. - Superanon - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:46 pm:

“Baron, what’s a ‘have not’”?
    “You know, a really rich taxpayer.”
    “So, you and my dad are have not’s?”
    “Yes.”
    “Wow, so because I’m not a really rich taxpayer yet, am I a ‘have’?”
    “I guess you are.”
    “Wowsers, can i buy a nursing home from you?”
    “No.”
    “Come on, I want to be a have not too.”
    “I don’t own them anymore, they lost money.”
    “Running for office loses money.”
    “Get out.”
    “I’m your landlord, how about one of those independent trucking company thingy’s?”
    “No!”
    “Who is Stu Levine.”
    “Get out.”
    “Ok, but were both wearing carharts and cool watches.”
    “Security.”

53. - Liandro - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

…………..

54. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

- Cincinnatus -,

Nope. Not one bit. No signed contract to bill this to.

If you have an address, send it to - AA -, we will send an intro packet.

55. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:09 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey Cincinnatus, get one if those 9 tweeters to let the people know Jason is back, and this time, it’s personal. #IronmanBaronAndSlipAndSueTakeOnTruthHonest

56. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:22 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I am fundamentally excited… that Mister Bruce Rocks! #BuzzWordsWorkWonders

57. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Calling the campaign “Operation Toy Story” - Me? “Woody” (Obviously, duh!), Mister Bruce “Buzz” (buzz words, Buzz Lightyear, hello?) OW is “Stinky Pete” #ManChildHumor

58. - walker - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:43 pm:

med-mar dispensary?

59. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:52 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - attention Buzz, Woody will be at the Toy Box South after a Playdate. #PowerRangersPowerPlayers

60. - x ace - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:56 pm:

“Monticello ”

A hallowed name

Now linked with the twisted minds of Plummer and Rauner

Has me reaching for my Jeffersonian Bible for solace.

61. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:00 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Got the paperwork from State Farm for Slip and Sue to sign before she can come to the Toy Box South. I dunno, 348 pages is a lotta liability policy. #SignHereInitialHereNotarizeThere

62. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti is a fine person, an able public servant and an outstanding LG candidate for Illinois. Also, 348 pages is standard for liability, reflecting nothing ill towards Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti” #LawyersStink #HappyS&S

63. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:10 pm:

Poor Willy is gonna have carpel tunnel syndrome before sundown…

– MrJM

64. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “I would gladly match Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti’s record up against anyone’s.”#GeezThatGoingToBeEnoughEv #TeachingMeShouldntIncludeMePayingYouMoney

65. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - MrJm, OW is seizing no day, understand? There’s no syndrome neither. The sun comes up every day no matter what. #CarpeDiemSyndromeIsTreatable

66. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 5:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce told me he thinks Phil Ponce is a good guy. Boy, Mister Bruce is new to all this. I hope my insight will help him win #DontDoAsISayDidOrDo

67. - for the record - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 6:53 pm:

Actually, having Plummer on your side is like having the French army fighting on your side. Not really worth it.

68. - downstater - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 7:53 pm:

- Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

Pizza World, vitamin supplement store, generic cell phone store and a video game store. Yes, a truly upscale shopping and dining experience. Rauner’s $18 watch will fit right in.-

Pretty elitist comment Rich, and disappointing. These are all small business owners trying to make a living. And how is Verizon a “generic cell phone store”? This was previously a rundown plaza that has now been renovated and revitalized. I don’t see anywhere in the article where someone claimed it was “upscale”.

* Rauner appoints Dunkin to MWRD
* ERA opponents' logic questioned
* More IDVA shakeup as embattled director quits
* Sanguinetti ties gun issue to Cuban heritage while talking AV
* Stop Illinois Big Coal Bailouts
* After stinging criticism, tronc reportedly calls cops on picketing reporters
* Captains obvious
* Chicago political ad spending almost three times higher than closest national competitor
* Cullerton heard "Laurel"
* Black Caucus claims Rauner paying "lip service" to black vendors
* Bitter infighting continues at troubled SIU
* Peoria paper compares Rauner to Trump - and not in a good way
* Harmon essentially claims Madigan is living in Rauner's head rent-free
* Marion mayor fumes over state response to water shortage
* NRA and Rauner in close step on two bills
* *** UPDATED x1 - Rauner admin responds *** Madigan blames Rauner for Quincy, says members have unanswered questions
* *** LIVE *** Session coverage

* Disaster order for 9 S. Illinois counties hit b.....
* CIOTR panel talks death penalty proposal - CIpr.....
* Editorial | Everything's going Pritzker's way..
* Editorial | Everything's going Pritzker's way -.....
* Rich Miller/Capitol Fax | Good politics, but no.....

* Police suspect driver who killed pedestrian was drunk
* Wildlife Prairie Park to add 14 new cabins
* Winner of karaoke contest to perform at Illinois State Fair
* U of I performing arts center to mark 50th anniversary
* EXCHANGE: Sensory bags, story times to benefit autistics
* EXCHANGE: Retiring owner hoping to keep radio station local
* Trump nominates Chicago businessman for Belgium ambassador
* East St. Louis police officer who earned $200K put on leave
* Illinois group needs $500K to restore Black Hawk statue
* Disaster order for 9 S. Illinois counties hit by main break

* Illinois GOP chairman re-elected; Republicans display unity
* GoFundMe makes saving Lincoln artifacts modern, accessible
* Gov. Rauner ally Ken Dunkin given $70K Chicago post
* Madigan wants information on governor's Legionnaires' fix
* State lawmaker to SIU president: 'Go to hell, sir'
* Bill permitting medical marijuana use in schools goes to Rauner
* Madigan: Rauner's death penalty proposal to get hearing Monday
* Illinois Senate approves $40,000 minimum salary for teachers
* Justice Charles Freeman announces retirement from Illinois Supreme Court
* Under the Dome Podcast: Death penalty. Guns. ERA. GOP unity.

* Trump taps Ron Gidwitz to be Belgian ambassador
* Art Institute uses data to give visitors what they want
* Crain's wins 4 Chicago journalism awards
* A tougher carjacking law is about crime, not race, says police chief
* Crain's largest publicly traded companies

* Investigators finally get look at materials from Cohen raid
* Murder case shows system’s hurdles for victims of domestic violence
* White Sox: terrible. Cubs: maddeningly inconsistent. Yep, that sums it up so far
* British royal family thanks those who celebrated wedding
* Mother charged after 3 young children found living in squalid Albany Park home
* Pope Francis to create 14 new cardinals in June
* A guide to summer music in Chicago
* A guide to Chicago festivals
* Man, 36, shot during home invasion in Englewood
* Drink in the fresh air: 33 spots to drink outdoors

* 'World's most expensive Witch Hunt': Trump lashes out at New York Times, Democrats
* Investigators finally get a look at materials from Cohen raid
* Oliver North, incoming NRA chief, blames school shootings on 'culture of violence'
* Mnuchin says U.S. and China putting trade war on hold
* Takeaways would elevate the Bears defense from good to great
* Man fights off would-be carjackers in Oak Park: police
* Cubs' Ian Happ starts at 3B as Kris Bryant gets rest against Reds
* Lake County Lines: Repairs planned at Round Lake Park school devastated by floods
* Kevin Pendergast represents side of legal gambling story easy to overlook
* Andrei Vasillevskiy shines late, Lightning hold off Capitals 3-2

» The Quandary Behind A Quincy Legionnaires’ Victim’s Death: ‘Where The Heck Was She?’
» State Week: Gun Bills And The Death Penalty, GOP Leadership Fight
» Web Extra, The Week in Review: Biss Endorses Pritzker
» The Week in Review: Obama Presidential Center Gets City’s Approval
» Should The Voting Age Be Lowered?; ‘Hamilton: The Exhibition’; Food As Medicine; Rescuing Tortoises
» Voices Of Chicagoland's Opioid Crisis: Nick Kanehl And Marty Cook
» How To Stop Gun Violence? Just Ask
» #651 John Prine, Opinions on Courtney Barnett & Scott Hutchison
» May 17, 2018 - Full Show
» Obama Presidential Center Clears First Hurdle

* Our View: Another disappointing lack of transparency in Illinois government
* Ralph Martire: Illinois can't afford Rauner's budget 'savings' rhetoric
* BGA: Redistricting reform can't be blocked forever
* Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln: Forging ahead to serve those who came before us
* Statehouse Insider: Is the happy talk for real?
* Illinois GOP chairman re-elected; Republicans display unity
* GoFundMe makes saving Lincoln artifacts modern, accessible
* Our View: Support legislation that would halt newsprint tariffs
* Guest View: National infrastructure initiative must meet the needs of rural America
* Lisa Madigan: Illinois must continue to invest in vital legal aid organizations

* 'The People's Station': WLLULP aims to spread positive Decatur community news
* Illinois 200 | World War II caused dramatic changes to Illinois’ way of life and economy
* PFOP: Short-lived performance hall once city’s finest
* Mother-daughter duo from Royalton share stage at Rend Lake College pinning ceremony
* Dieterich high school class turning out skilled woodworkers
* Get inspired! Girls World Expo is today at Decatur Conference Center and Hotel
* Should Illinois townships go away? Legislation would make it easier to do exactly that
* Documents appear to show SIU president kept Carbondale in the dark on funding shift
* New adoptables in Decatur and Macon County. Pick your new dog or cat!
* Decatur evictions are double the statewide rate. Here's a map that shows where they happened.

* Hillary Clinton to receive prestigious Harvard medal
* Iran says EU political support not enough, urges investment
* Police suspect driver who killed pedestrian was drunk
* Eels break records in Maine, where they sell for big money
* The Latest: Texas church victim attended provides counseling

* Word on the Street: State of Illinois' den...
* Scott Pruitt Knew Exactly Who to Blame for...
* Grilled by US lawmakers, Trump's EPA chief...
* Democrats test how far to the Left they ca...
* Word on the Street: State of Illinois' den...
* Paulsen initiates bipartisan request on pr...
* This RSS feed URL is deprecated
* Hultgren talks gun control after St. Charl...
* Lobbying intensifies for advance refunding...
* Letter: Hultgren isn't good for the enviro...

* Be Transparent When Advertising Drugs, Sen......
* Dems, Trump Admin Find Common Ground: Help......
* Sunday Extra | War with Iran is a bad idea...
* Halpin named to passenger rail commission...
* Figuring out alternatives to prison...

* Donald Trump nominees delayed by more than......
* Halpin named to passenger rail commission...
* Senators urge Trump to combat anti-Semitism...
* Legion legislation a good first step to he......
* Bill would make attack aboard train federa......

* What’s THIS? Illinois hasn’t paid its health care bill for retired teachers in 17 months. Rauner wants the payments to stop entirely.
* Sunday, bloody Sunday.
* Free Digital Badge Toolkit Helps Students Show Off Their 21st Century Skills
* Why One Professor Prefers Electronic Ink Over Fancy Tablets
* 7 Roles for Artificial Intelligence in Education
* 2018’s Cities with the Most & Least Student Debt
* It’s time to break silos, look at education as a continuum, leaders say
* Connecticut calls its new Cybersecurity Action Plan a ‘call to arms’
* Are Etextbooks Affordable Now? In a bid to gain market share, publishers have slashed the cost of digital textbooks
* Campus network security officials step up fight against cyberattacks

* Rend Lake Water Conservancy District Water Main Break
* Statement from Gov. Rauner
* IEMA Highlights Emergency Preparedness for People with Access and Functional Needs in May
* IEMA Highlights Role of Volunteers in Disasters
* Governor Rauner activates State Emergency Operations Center in Springfield

* Valerian director Luc Besson accused of rape
* Fintech is disrupting big banks, but here’s what it still needs to learn from them
* Teen phone monitoring app leaked thousands of user passwords
* AT&T has launched a programmable LTE button for businesses
* This beautiful project creates soundtracks for photographs
* Weekly poll: OnePlus 6 - hot or not?
* Must read: top 10 Android stories

* Most Essential White Sox Vote: Round 1
* Jimenez racks up season-high 4 hits
* Methup X, success! Chisox nip Texas, 5-3
* White Sox Minor League Update: May 19, 2018
* Palka's 2-run triple helps lift White Sox to win
* Palka's 2-run triple lifts White Sox to win
* Security guard catches foul ball in net