Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Pure, unadulterated comment bait
Pure, unadulterated comment bait

Tuesday, Jan 28, 2014

* Jason Plummer discusses his Metro East strip mall

“Since we purchased Monticello Plaza we’ve probably added about 12,000 square feet of new space with tenants who are opening and operating; we’ve signed another 30,000 square feet that we have signed leases on, but they’re not open yet,” said Midwest Asset Group owner Jason Plummer. “It’s good, but we’ve been fortunate to work with the village of Godfrey; it’s a great community.”

Pizza World and Russell Cellular, a Verizon store, occupy a new building added to the Monticello complex. Pizza World, owned by franchisee Dave Stafford of Godfrey, opened last week; Russell Cellular will open Monday. Each will have a ribbon cutting and grand opening in February.

Also opening next month at Monticello’s main and existing building is LAG Gaming, owned by Scott Hampton, and next door to the video game store will be a second location for Complete Supplements, owned by Matt Hamman, which has a Maryville store. A few months ago Apex, a physical therapy business, opened next door to the antique mall in Monticello.

Republican Illinois gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner officially opened his campaign office Saturday at Monticello Plaza with a grand opening in the afternoon when he spoke to the public. Rauner is a businessman from Chicago.

I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.

Have at it, kids.

1. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:29 pm:

“I’m told that Plummer donated the office space to Rauner’s campaign.”

It’s nice to see Bruce’s luck is turning around.

– MrJM

2. - wordslinger - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Willie, log off. Nothing to see here.

3. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:30 pm:

Rich!

Are you and Plummer and Rauner in cahoots with my 3 doctors, my special cardiologist, my yoga instructor, life coach, the barista at the coffee stand and “Dave”, who I talk to for 45 minutes once a week about … well, we leave that all in the. “Exit Room”…

I may need a moment, like “Dave” told me to take during times like this…

4. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:31 pm:

(Looks at calendar, not ‘April 1′…)

5. - Soccermom - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:33 pm:

When people say “run government like a business” do they mean “give valuable stuff away for free to political cronies”?

6. - Chavez-respecting Obamist - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:34 pm:

Maybe Jason thinks Rauner will appoint him Illinois’ Ambassador to..I don’t know, Disneyworld?

7. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:36 pm:

Good to see the have-nots looking out for each other.

8. - hisgirlfriday - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

Which one of them claims the homestead exemption on the campaign office?

9. - Plummet - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:38 pm:

I believe the news here is that Plummer donated something to someone other than himself.

10. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:41 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - it was kinda of a bummer giving up the space at the strip mall. I kept an offices there, one like my LG office shoulda been, pretending is fun #JustLikeBruce

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce us cool. I got a Payton Prep sweatshirt and a brand new Carhartt #PropsNotThoseKindOfProps

@FakeJasonPlummer - Good trade; Brucd gets the office space, Bruce teaches Dad about how to be really good at Clouting your kid. #FairTradeUnfairToOthers

11. - Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

12. - Almost the Weekend - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

OW what do you think Plummer is getting out helping Rauner. Possible next SIU President nominee?

13. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:44 pm:

here’s some free office space where campaigns go to die, but I’ll throw in free pizza and fish oil pills.

14. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad wanted to pay for me to win. Dad shoulda just done what Bruce did and call the Congress principal for the seat. Denying the worthy is way cooler. Bruce Rocks! #FiniteSeatsHavePriceMenus

15. - jim - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:45 pm:

Is there something wrong — or even odd — about a businessman engaged in a business venture?
    what’s the issue?

16. - Stones - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:49 pm:

The only thing missing is a Currency Exchange.

17. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Truth Time” - the office is for me and Slip and Sue, and me showin’ her Kool places to hide. Bruce is smart to ask me, I can be a hider like nobody and everything #BorderCounties #ExtraLiabilityInsurance

@FakeJasonPlummer - Um, Bruce, State Farm called; Old mall liability insurance, $1 million, you and S&S, $17.6 million. What gives? #AmbulaceChasingLG #NeckBraces #LessonsToBeTaught

18. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:53 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer “I’d gladly match my experience up against anyone’s” See you at the Strip Mall, “Slip and Sue” #QuoteFinallyWorks #EvWorseThanMe

19. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:58 pm:

@FakeSlipAndSue - Jason, I was wondering, has the sidewalk been repaved? It is snow and ice season #GuessEvWillOwnStripmallSoon

20. - 47th Ward - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:00 pm:

Jason Plummer heard there was big money to be made owning strip clubs so he went out and bought himself an entire strip mall.

Keep an eye on that kid. He’s going places.

21. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:01 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce is the Dad I never had. Bruce is going to Clout me into the One Direction concert. Dad makes me do chores first. #BruceHas7KidsNow

22. - I'm Strapped - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:04 pm:

Mr Rauner: If elected,can you verify your offices will be:
    1) Chicago
    2)Monticello Plaza, Metro East strip mall, Suite 101(next to the Carharrt front?)

23. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:12 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Uncle Bill just called. Sorry Unc, Mister Bruce promised me like an office and my Slurpee machine filled 24/7. #DonVonCarhartt #OfferJasonNeverRefuses #HmmSlurpees

I am guessing Bruce promised Jason the Ensign Governor spot; not the Lt. Governor, but “LG in Training”, like a CIT at camp for Jason. Jason thought it was Kool.

24. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Bruce was shocked the. “3″ didn’t call for the space. Mister Bruce said he heard of me. #TooManyStringsToLease #BruceAsksRahmAboutMe

25. - Mr. Big Trouble - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:15 pm:

As the cops say, there’s nothing to see here.. move along..

26. - Ghost - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:25 pm:

OW open your campaign office and hot tub store next door…..

27. - circularfiringsquad - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:26 pm:

How about a video poker den aka Lucy’s Crib to round out the space?
    Maybe Daddy’s Little Deduction can hook up with Payton Place Philly ….what a couple

28. - Rail Sitter - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

Dragline: Stay down. You’re beat!
    Luke: You’re gonna haft kill me…

29. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad told Mister Bruce I have like all my shots, so if Mister Bruce wanted me to go on the road, for like a long time, it’s like totally ok #CanIGoToo #OliverFromBradyBunch

30. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:32 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce asked if I was rich, told him yeah. Mister Bruce said he was a Billionaire. I said right to him that Billion isn’t even a word! Mister Bruce is a hoot #AllowanceIsRaunerPocketLint

31. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:35 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce owns part if the Steelers, Red Sox and Bulls. I told him for like $9 he could buy into my fantasy baseball league w/all my Buds. #FantasySportsForUberWealthy

32. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:40 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce if I could call him Uncle Brucey. Asked me if I was - circularfiringsquad -. Guess that was a No.

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce got real sore when I asked if Payton Prep was like a football space camp Dad sent me to last summer. Mister Bruce told me to &$@#%*. Mister Bruce does know Rahm #DictionaryForBadWordsSaid

33. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:44 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - a “Morseman” called about space for these 2 Bill guys running for something. I said “No way, I had one Bill in my life before and it was Bad News. #OW/Bill 2014

34. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:47 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about interning too, after the Ensign Gov thing, but he says I missed my calling. No, Dad was calling to get in the back of the Range Rover is all. #CohenCouldntPawnJasonOffForFree

35. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:50 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am in Naval Intelligence. Asked me; “On purpose?” “Does the Navy know”. Mister Bruce still laughing #Confused #Hurt #NeedASlurpee

36. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 1:57 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce likes me. He heard guys call me FUBAR on Post, so he just calls me that and laughs and laughs. #Besties #NicknamesRock

@FakeBruceRauner - please tweet back if you have ideas to keep J. Plummer busy. He went through the crayons and card tricks the first day #Karma #GetWhatYouNeed

37. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:02 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - found out Uncle Brucie is a radio host for like old music before guitars and drums. I’m gonna stick with the stand-bys; One Direction or Carly Rae Jepsen #CallMeMaybeMisterBruce

38. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:04 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked Mister Bruce about a deposit, cause Dad and like really me, but kinda Dad are donating, Mister Bruce left us a watch #AintNo$18DollarOneEither

39. - Robert the Bruce - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:09 pm:

All that’s missing is Sheila Simon trying to get signatures in the plaza.

40. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - asked for campaign t-shirt, you know, to like wear at Kams during b-ball season. Told my size was not available, for shirts, hats, buttons, stickers, and signage is out too. Running a campaign on a shoestring sounds tough! #HidingSwagAndEmployees

41. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:13 pm:

@FakeBruceRauner - now I know why the “3″ recommended I get Jason on board. Ok, they got one past me. #MoneyCantStopAllBadDecisions

42. - PoolGuy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:14 pm:

Kam’s. good reference.

43. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:17 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - had to move all kinds of my stuff out so Mister Bruce could open. Put my comics in a file cabinet and labeled the Drawer “Position Papers” I positioned them away! #UnjusticeLeague

44. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:20 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Dad said, no mater what, I get to hang out at that office. Why my key doesn’t work no more is a puzzle I guess #LeaveYourKeyTakeACannoli

45. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening in on my walkie-talkie I planted, sounds like a scorched earth campaign. Hello, Mister Bruce, see my last two weeks last time #BurnedBridgesMeansMoreLumberSoldLater

46. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:27 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - told Mister Bruce I am Awe-Sime at press releases, as long as his name ain’t Grogran, Grodan, or …whatever, stop laughing. #RatherReleasesWereLikeWheresWaldoK

47. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:31 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Oh! Mister Bruce is really pretending to be real when pretending on the real stuff? Like I am really Ironman #IsJasonOrIsJasonIronman #SecretIdentitiesRockMrBruce

48. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:33 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - listening on my hidden walkie-talkie I heard Ev & Slip and Sue are one and the same. They all have secret identities I guess #SuperFriendsSuperFakes

49. - WhoKnew - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:35 pm:

Hey Willy!!
    @FakeJasonPlummer - I got this Office Space and it’s #$#@@# Golden! #OnMyWayUp

50. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

- WhoKnew -, the more the merrier.

- PoolGuy - Thanks on the Kams, “forgot” quite a bit there the next mornings

@FakeJasonPlummer - welp. I guess all those bank suits Dad bought me are going to get double duty, and gonna wear them twice to really use them but good #IronmanSuitNotCampaignApprovedEither

51. - Cincinnatus - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:44 pm:

OW,

Are you using billable hours from the consulting firm?

52. - Superanon - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:46 pm:

“Baron, what’s a ‘have not’”?
    “You know, a really rich taxpayer.”
    “So, you and my dad are have not’s?”
    “Yes.”
    “Wow, so because I’m not a really rich taxpayer yet, am I a ‘have’?”
    “I guess you are.”
    “Wowsers, can i buy a nursing home from you?”
    “No.”
    “Come on, I want to be a have not too.”
    “I don’t own them anymore, they lost money.”
    “Running for office loses money.”
    “Get out.”
    “I’m your landlord, how about one of those independent trucking company thingy’s?”
    “No!”
    “Who is Stu Levine.”
    “Get out.”
    “Ok, but were both wearing carharts and cool watches.”
    “Security.”

53. - Liandro - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

…………..

54. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 2:47 pm:

- Cincinnatus -,

Nope. Not one bit. No signed contract to bill this to.

If you have an address, send it to - AA -, we will send an intro packet.

55. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:09 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - hey Cincinnatus, get one if those 9 tweeters to let the people know Jason is back, and this time, it’s personal. #IronmanBaronAndSlipAndSueTakeOnTruthHonest

56. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:22 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - I am fundamentally excited… that Mister Bruce Rocks! #BuzzWordsWorkWonders

57. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:30 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Calling the campaign “Operation Toy Story” - Me? “Woody” (Obviously, duh!), Mister Bruce “Buzz” (buzz words, Buzz Lightyear, hello?) OW is “Stinky Pete” #ManChildHumor

58. - walker - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:43 pm:

med-mar dispensary?

59. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:52 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - attention Buzz, Woody will be at the Toy Box South after a Playdate. #PowerRangersPowerPlayers

60. - x ace - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 3:56 pm:

“Monticello ”

A hallowed name

Now linked with the twisted minds of Plummer and Rauner

Has me reaching for my Jeffersonian Bible for solace.

61. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:00 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Got the paperwork from State Farm for Slip and Sue to sign before she can come to the Toy Box South. I dunno, 348 pages is a lotta liability policy. #SignHereInitialHereNotarizeThere

62. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti is a fine person, an able public servant and an outstanding LG candidate for Illinois. Also, 348 pages is standard for liability, reflecting nothing ill towards Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti” #LawyersStink #HappyS&S

63. - MrJM - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:10 pm:

Poor Willy is gonna have carpel tunnel syndrome before sundown…

– MrJM

64. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:11 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - “I would gladly match Evelyn Pacino Sanguinetti’s record up against anyone’s.”#GeezThatGoingToBeEnoughEv #TeachingMeShouldntIncludeMePayingYouMoney

65. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 4:23 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - MrJm, OW is seizing no day, understand? There’s no syndrome neither. The sun comes up every day no matter what. #CarpeDiemSyndromeIsTreatable

66. - Oswego Willy - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 5:07 pm:

@FakeJasonPlummer - Mister Bruce told me he thinks Phil Ponce is a good guy. Boy, Mister Bruce is new to all this. I hope my insight will help him win #DontDoAsISayDidOrDo

67. - for the record - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 6:53 pm:

Actually, having Plummer on your side is like having the French army fighting on your side. Not really worth it.

68. - downstater - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 7:53 pm:

- Rich Miller - Tuesday, Jan 28, 14 @ 12:42 pm:

Pizza World, vitamin supplement store, generic cell phone store and a video game store. Yes, a truly upscale shopping and dining experience. Rauner’s $18 watch will fit right in.-

Pretty elitist comment Rich, and disappointing. These are all small business owners trying to make a living. And how is Verizon a “generic cell phone store”? This was previously a rundown plaza that has now been renovated and revitalized. I don’t see anywhere in the article where someone claimed it was “upscale”.

* You're a sham and a charlatan! No, you're a sham and a charlatan!
* *** UPDATED x1 *** SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Update to this morning's Capitol Fax
* In a state full of trivial campaign issues, this is one of the trivialest
* Sorry, it just doesn't work that way
* New Pritzker online ad gently apologizes for the interruption
* Yet another State Fair #facepalm
* It's just a bill
* SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - The theme spreads to the Senate Dems
* *** UPDATED *** SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - Illinois State Fair Event List
* Rauner announces $1 million donation to repair Coliseum
* Madigan lawyers slammed for wanting to depose a host of Republicans, including Rauner
* McCann lays out his path
* *** LIVE COVERAGE ***

* Erika Harold attacks Kwame Raoul with first TV .....
* Rauner signs legislation aimed at keeping at-ri.....
* Politically connected former employees sue to g.....
* Planned Parenthood Speaker Talks Election Day a.....
* Congressional District 6 candidate Sean Casten .....
* National Minority Donor Awareness Week observed..
* Illinois deals to shed floating-rate and swap r.....
* New Pritzker online ad gently apologizes for th.....
* Rauners announce $1 million donation for Colise.....
* It's just a bill..

* Trump Tower operators sued over water release into river
* Defense: No evidence in teen’s death days after Obama event
* Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in Illinois
* Teen’s mom ordered to comply with subpoena or skip trial
* New Mexico education officials adopt changes to state test
* South Bend mayor wants commuter rail to run downtown
* Illinois residents oppose solar farms
* Chicago-area megachurch paid $3.25M over child sexual abuse
* 2 on trial in killing of Chicago teen days after Obama event
* VA town hall designed to solicit feedback from stakeholders

* Rauners announce $1 million donation for Coliseum work
* Rauner again calls Pritzker, Madigan corrupt
* Veterans, Gold Star Families honored at Illinois State Fair
* Legislation to streamline Medicaid approvals too late for Girard nursing home
* Illinois inspectors climb over, under state fair rides for safety
* Rauner says AG should prosecute Madigan
* New dual-credit course law helps teens lower college costs
* Bill signed to prevent state payouts for sex harassment
* Twilight Parade kicks off 2018 Illinois State Fair
* Rauner signs bill aiming to bring state jobs back to Springfield

* DuPage pushes fight for O'Hare western terminal
* United sheds punching-bag status with biggest U.S. airline rally
* Northern Trust looks to get into crypto custody
* Redbox gears up for its first major ad campaign
* Whither the Kraft Heinz ketchup packet?

* EDITORIAL: The joy of being first with a ’64 Mustang
* Man charged in DUI crash that killed Lawndale woman given $10K bail on birthday
* Best record in NL? Not for long at Cubs’ post-All-Star pace
* Pentagon spokeswoman under inspector general investigation
* Cancelled Trump campaign rally at UIC was turning point for Omarosa
* Giuliani and the Teamsters: When Power Trumps the Rule of Law
* Can Bears rookie Roquan Smith follow — and avoid — Joey Bosa’s footsteps?
* Fewer strikeouts, more skin net better results for White Sox’ Carlos Rodon
* (Spoilers) Ending of ‘The Meg’ could have been far bloodier
* Early Chinook spice up summer doldrums: Chicago fishing, Midwest Fishing Report

* Classmate recounts Hadiya's last moments as shots rang out in Harsh Park
* Jose Quintana rocked, Joe Maddon and Ben Zobrist tossed in Cubs' 7-0 loss to Brewers
* Burning body found in West Chicago; death investigation launched
* Controversial Palos Township trustee denounces support of Holocaust-denying congressional candidate
* Bears look to break up ‘monotony’ of preseason with joint practices with Broncos
* Rams see silver linings as they wait for camp holdout Aaron Donald
* NBA reporting wunderkind Shams Charania leaves Yahoo Sports for The Athletic and Stadium
* 'Superhero' lawyer who argued cases before Supreme Court slain in North Shore home; suspect in custody after standoff with SWAT team
* Jordanian immigrant gets death for Houston 'honor killings'
* First day of testimony at Hadiya Pendleton trial marked by dramatic accounts

» A Midway Airport Restaurant Company Is Attracting Interest From The Feds
» Consent Decree Could Boost Mental Health Resources In CPD
» Chicago Charter Schools Risk Budget Cuts Without A Fix In Springfield
» For Illinois Birds, Moving To Urban Areas Key To Survival
» Kindergarten Readiness; Anti-Harassment, Equality and Access Panel; Solar in Southern Illinois
» Aug. 13, 2018 - Full Show
» Rauner Continues To Blame Madigan For 'Illegal Activity'
» Mental Health Treatment For Children, Workaround Podcast; Forgotten Desserts
» When Giving Up Custody Is The Only Way To Get Affordable Health Care; Forgotten Desserts
» Mama Fresh Connects Chicago Moms With Events And Support With Focus On Diversity

* Rauners announce $1 million donation for Coliseum work
* E.J. Dionne: Don't let politics dumb you down
* Senator Durbin: I’m waiting for answers from Brett Kavanaugh
* Rauner again calls Pritzker, Madigan corrupt
* Veterans, Gold Star Families honored at Illinois State Fair
* George Will: Book underlines axiom that if you want peace, prepare for war
* Legislation to streamline Medicaid approvals too late for Girard nursing home
* Lincoln Land Community College: My journey to LLCC from student to educator
* Our View: Embrace the potential that comes with a new school year
* Statehouse Insider: GOP brings back merger of treasurer and comptroller

* JB Pritzker looks for support from union members
* SIU Board of Trustees discuses 'road map' for new president, hopes to have one in place by Fall 2019
* UI Football Camp 2018: Day 10
* Norfolk Southern says it is struggling to hire 30 train conductors in Decatur
* Crash re-routes interstate traffic in Effingham County
* Northern Illinois residents sign petitions to oppose solar farms
* PHOTOS: Mount Zion High School Tribe Freshmen Welcome and Orientation
* Kentucky-Illinois bridge traffic to be restricted again
* VA town hall in Mount Vernon designed to solicit feedback from stakeholders
* Chicago-area megachurch paid $3.25M over child sexual abuse

* Images: Chicago Cubs vs. Milwaukee Brwers on Tuesday
* Potential new coal plant operator offers few new details
* Cubs' Ben Zobrist ejected after lobbying for robo-umps
* Governor signs bill requiring public notice of tollway contracts
* Justin McCray closing in on Packers right guard job

* Like father, like son: A conversation with...
* New Info on Feinstein's Chinese Spy — ...
* Where Do Guns Used to Commit Shootings in ...
* Latinos Could Be Chicago's New Nexus o...
* Another bloody Chicago weekend: gun violen...
* Optimism for Student Voter Turnout
* Democrat to FBI: Did White House, Jeff Ses...
* FBI fires Peter Strzok, agent who sent ant...
* Latinos Could Be Chicago's New Nexus o...
* The golden age of democracy finally shows ...

* Fisher Asset Management Has Raised By $242......
* Biden to Visit Springfield...
* Senator Dick Durbin Using Lies to P......
* The Kavanaugh Document Fight...
* Pritzker, Durbin to speak with Decatur sup......

* Sen. Harris, Colleagues Call on DHS Sec Ni......
* 'Disability Rights Are Civil Rights......
* Who backs who in Florida governor race?...
* Yes, Bob Casey is boring. In 2018, that......
* Heating up in the Windy City: The Tipline ......

* Arne Duncan’s failures.
* Breaking: EEOC files suit against the Urbana school district for age discrimination. It’s all about the Illinois teacher salary cap.
* Judge Raul Vega named Acting Presiding Judge of Domestic Violence Division
* Brass Heart Lives Up To Its Name
* Think Confederate Monuments Are Racist? Consider Pioneer Monuments
* The [Tuesday] Papers
* A most disgusting act by those in charge of a city that makes it hard to be any more disgusted.
* A letter to send to your Illinois legislators supporting the repeal of the teacher salary cap.
* "Troy For Chicago" Holding People's Assembly Tonight
* The scrappy pre-Code years of William A. Wellman — FilmStruck's director of the week

* Governor announces $1 million Rauner family contribution to begin restoration of Coliseum; takes action on package of agriculture legislation
* Governor signs tollway transparency bill
* 2018 Adams County Tentative Multiplier Announced
* Gov. Rauner signs legislation aimed at keeping at-risk families together
* IDOA, Illinois Bicentennial to Host Inaugural Prairie Heritage Ride

* Project Fi offering a $200 discount on the Pixel 2 XL, heavy discounts on LG phones
* [Deal] Grab a cheap Honor 7X with a back to school promotion!
* We talked to Overwatch League’s franchise director about the future of esports
* Sprint and LG announce 5G phone for 2019
* Moviepass losses jumped from less than $3 million to $126.6 million in a year
* Microsoft quietly makes 'Your Phone' Android app available to mainstream Windows 10 users
* Verizon’s 5G home internet launch will come with free YouTube TV or Apple TV 4K

* LaMarre hits first MLB homer in home state
* Shields shows durability nearing 400-start mark
* White Sox Minor League Update: August 13, 2018
* Flashback: August 14, 2008
* Six Pack of Stats: Tigers 9, White Sox 5
* White Sox Rookie-level team throws no-hitter
* Engel's bat starting to catch up to stellar glove