Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Question of the Day
Question of the Day

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2014

Posted by Barton Lorimor (@bartonlorimor)

* This year’s State Fair Grandstand show lineup…

* American Idol Live (pop), 8 p.m. Aug. 8, $29/$34/$39/$49 (tickets on sale May 10). By the time the state fair rolls around, one of the remaining finalists will be the 2014 champion of “American Idol’s” annual talent search. The TV show airs on WRSP-TV (Channel 55, Comcast cable Channel 7 in Springfield).

* Pitbull (rap), 8 p.m. Aug. 9, $40-$65 (tickets on sale May 3). The Miami rapper had his first No. 1 single in 2012 with “Give Me Everything,” and returned to the top of the charts earlier this year with “Timber.” His other Top 10 singles include “Feel This Moment” and “I Know You Want Me.” Pitbull is a Latin Grammy Award winner for “Echa Pa’llá (Manos Pa’rriba).”

* Florida Georgia Line/Colt Ford (country), 8 p.m. Aug. 10, $30/$35/$40/$40/$55 (tickets on sale now). As Florida Georgia Line, the duo of Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelly has hit the top of the Billboard magazine country music chart twice so far, with “Cruise” and “Stay.” Ford has recorded the hit country/hip-hop albums “Declaration of Independence,” “Every Chance I Get” and “Chicken & Biscuits.” All track seats, and seats in the lower levels of the Grandstand, for Florida Georgia Line have already been sold.

* Boston/Sweet/April Wine (rock), 8 p.m. Aug. 12, $17/$22/$27/$37 (tickets on sale now). Boston was big in the 1970s and ’80s with “Piece of Mind,” “Don’t Look Back” and “Amanda.” Sweet recorded the 1970s hits “Little Willy,” “Ballroom Blitz,” “Fox on the Run” and “Love Is Like Oxygen.” April Wine is best known for 1981’s “Just Between You and Me.”

* Hunter Hayes/Sam Hunt (country), Aug. 13, $29/$34/$39/$49 (tickets on sale May 3). Hayes has recorded the country hits “I Want Crazy,” “Invisible” and “Wanted.”

* Steely Dan (rock), Aug. 15, $29/$34/$39/$54 (tickets on sale May 3). Steely Dan, the longtime duo of Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The group’s hits include “Peg,” “Rikki Don’t Lose That Number” and “Reeling in the Years.”

Question: What was the best Grandstand show you have seen at the Illinois State Fair or Du Quoin State Fair?

For bonus points: Who would you most like to see play at the Grandstand?

- Posted by Barton Lorimor

1. - MrJM - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:12 am:

Lineups like these are the reason I have never seen a Grandstand show at the Illinois State Fair. Some of the finest music venues in the world are within a half-hour of my house, so it would take something very, very special for me to drive down to Springfield for a show.

That said, I hope that others find these performers entertaining and that the shows all sell-out.

– MrJM

2. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:14 am:

I’ve seen Willie Nelson a couple of times in Springfield. Always a good time, anywhere.

I’d like to see Willie come back before the marijuana ruins his life.

Best one-day lineup in Illinois, ever, was at Memorial Stadium, Sept. 22, 1985. That was a whale of a show. Check it out:

3. - Gathersno - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:15 am:

Best seen: Hank Williams Jr

Like to see: Elton John

4. - Tough Guy - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:15 am:

ZZ Top was the best but The Steve Miller Band was a close second. I’m a 70’s and 80’s guy so any group from that era would be great. I realize groups like the Rolling Stones or Who are way beyond what the fair can afford, but what the heck.

5. - 47th Ward - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:19 am:

They haven’t played the Grandstand yet, but I think Loose Gravel is ready.

They’re not booing, they’re yelling “Loooooooooooooosssse…”

6. - John A Logan - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:27 am:

Best Seen: Dwight Yoakam at DuQuoin

Like to See: Junior Brown

7. - Cheswick - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:37 am:

Tough Guy: The Who already played the Illinois State Fair.

8. - A guy... - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:38 am:

Barton, the most enchanting part of this post is the explanations of who these performers are. The public service you performed was not identifying them; my guess is a lot of the readers here know them. The service was reminding them of the songs we perhaps forgot they were famous for. A good morning chuckle. I’ve been to the Fair a few times. Usually pretty busy there. No one special during my visits. The entertainment has improved over the years. Boston would be fun to see. No jokes about Sweet’s hit about our most celebrated blogger refusing to go home. lol

9. - Roadiepig - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:38 am:

Wordslinger:

I’d like to see Willie come back before the marijuana ruins his life.

I take it you are being tongue in cheek? Since he has been smoking prodigious amounts of pot since at least the early 70’s, if it was going to ruin him it should have done so by now ;-)

10. - Roadiepig - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:40 am:

Also- Willie is playing at the Sangamon Auditorium on August 12th ( according to The Interweb)

11. - Coach - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:40 am:

Charlie Pride, back in his prime put on a great show in Springfield!

12. - No Name Nick - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:40 am:

Tough Guy:

The Who actually played there in like 1969> A very bizarre lineup where they came on first> This was the era for them when they would destroy their instruments on stage at the end. The following act: The association( Cherish is the word I use to…)

13. - Coach - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:41 am:

I would like to see Jimmy Buffet though it will never happen.

14. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:43 am:

Roadie, I shudder at what’s going to happen to Willie if he continues on his wicked, wicked ways.

I mean, the dude’s not 79 anymore!

15. - Cheswick - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:44 am:

I’ve seen many Grand Stand shows, and what I remember most is it was (a) raining, or (b) hot and sweaty, or (c) Willie Nelson.

16. - A guy... - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:44 am:

No Name Nick, If I’m “tough guy”, I’ll inform you I was in knickers in 1969. lol. Did love the Association though…Along comes Mary (didn’t know what the heck they meant back then, but loved the melody)

17. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:46 am:

A Guy, I think the person who posted with the handle “Tough Guy,” is Tough Guy.

18. - No Name Nick - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:50 am:

A Guy:
    LOL. I think knickers are popular with the AC/DC crowd. Wouldn’t be bad to see them at the fair!

19. - A guy... - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:54 am:

LOL

20. - ANON - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:55 am:

The best show I have seen there was Weird Al. If you don’t have a good time at a Weird Al concert, it’s your fault, not his. He puts on a great show.

I’d like to see Tom Petty play the fair. Or Jack White.

21. - A guy... - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:55 am:

=== wordslinger - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:46 am:

A Guy, I think the person who posted with the handle “Tough Guy,” is Tough Guy.====
    Mea Culpa. Oops. Scrolled too fast. Didn’t see his post until you brought it to my attention.

22. - Roadiepig - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:57 am:

LOL Word.
    And upon closer reading I will have to wait until May 3rd to buy those Steely Dan tickets. Better set a reminder on my phone.

A Guy… - nice catch on the CapFax connection on Sweet’s first big U.S. hit (and the nod to our own Oswego Willy). I prefer to remember Sweet for their “Desolation Boulevard” album (after leaving their overbearing manager and switching to a harder sound),which when released here in the states had the hits “Ballroom Blitz” and “Fox on the Run”. After a bit of surfing it appears the only surviving member of the band (in this lineup) is bassist/lead vocalist Steve Priest. Oh well- that’s pretty typical for 70’s rock bands that continue to tour…

23. - Wumpus - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:59 am:

Shelia Simon on the “Out of Public Office” Tour

24. - lil enchilada - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:59 am:

B-52’s and Violent Femmes in 1992. Hardly anyone was there but we had a great time! Seriously AWESOME. I don’t know who would draw me to Springfield now.

25. - Bemused - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:06 am:

The best Grandstand act I saw ended up not being at the grandstand. Bob Segar was to play the Grandstand I think it was the late seventy’s. Due to weather they changed the venue to the old Armory Building downtown. For some reason the acoustics that night were great. I think it would be in my top five shows anywhere. Would love to see Eric Clapton show up at the fair.

26. - OneMan - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:10 am:

Wumpus

Sheila’s Zepplin tribute is going to be booked by either a Rauner or Quinn administration mark my words…

To the question have only seen REO and Styx in a twin bill a few years back at the fair and that was kind of cool…

As for who I would like to see

Well Weird Al and Cheap Trick comes to mind other than that, perhaps Yes or a prog rock tribute band festival but that’s me…

Might go down to see Steely Dan…

27. - South of Sherman - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:14 am:

Agree with ANON — Weird Al in the 80s was a phenomenal concert (appeared with Night Ranger, who was also better than should reasonably have been expected).

The Outfield in the 1980s did a great job for a band that came and went awfully quickly

Cheap Trick last year put on a hell of a show.

28. - OneMan - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:15 am:

Also the Pitbull show might be interesting since it seems most of his hits feature someone, wonder what the show is like when it is just him…

29. - SAP - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:25 am:

John Hiatt when he opened for Cheryl Crow (even though it should have been the other way around).

30. - flea - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:31 am:

Stevie Ray Vaughan was the hottest show I ever saw at the Fair. Brooks and Dunn and ZZ Top were next best.

31. - ??? - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:39 am:

I’ve only seen one show at the State Fair, and it was great: Hootie & the Blowfish, back in the mid-90s.

32. - Endangered Moderate Species - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:46 am:

Willie Nelson every summer, on the track, great memories.

Big Jim signed the legislation that ended annual testing requirement for pick-up trucks during a concert. I think that was during Willie’s show but it might have been during George Strait and the Bellamy Brothers, which may have been a free show.

In those days, prior to the concerts, we spent a lot of time watching the bands in the beer tents. Some of my memories are blurred.

33. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:54 am:

– Big Jim signed the legislation that ended annual testing requirement for pick-up trucks during a concert.–

LOL, bought my first ride the day I got my license: ‘74 GMC. 140K miles, $300, bucket of rust.

Couldn’t pass the test (brakes, suspension). Drove outlaw without a sticker for two years until I threw a rod and junked it.

34. - OVERSIGHT - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:56 am:

The duo of “Shotgun” Willie Nelson and Gov. Jim Thompson. Classic pair and they were famous for taking in a bowl of great chili at “The Den”. Now that was the days!

35. - Joe Bidenopolous - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:59 am:

Some good shouts there. Night Ranger/Wierd Al was great. Violent Femmes/B-52s was awesome. The SRV show was freaking amazing. STP played there in their prime and that was a pretty darn good show, complete with the unplugged interlude.

But for my money, the most fun I ever had was at the Beach Boys sometime in the mid-80s. I’m not a huge fan of them but it was just good solid dirty fun. It poured buckets, the track was a muddy mess, everyone was slopping around, I may have only been 16 or so, but as I recall, adult beverages were easily obtainable and the hot rainy-muddy-ness of the evening resulted in many a wardrobe malfunction, which, for an impressionable teen was a big thing.

36. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 10:11 am:

Stone Temple Pilots in 1994. Sold out (I think set a record), at the height of their popularity, and an amazing show.

Given the crap that is popular music today, and the fact that most of the big old names only play larger or more modern venues, I doubt we’ll ever get the quality non-country acts like they used to be able to get.

It will never happen, but Prince would be cool to see there.

37. - Proud - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 10:22 am:

Stevie Ray Vaughn 1987!

38. - the unknown poster - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 10:24 am:

My first State Fair concert was Red Skelton when I was a kid. Hard to top that one. The Tubes come in second. I’d like to see Tom Petty or the Moody Blues while they are still around.

39. - steve schnorf - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 10:25 am:

I really remember two bests. One was the Everly Brothers, and though they were already past their big hit years, the harmony was just amazing. The other was the first time Alabama played the grandstand. I was so impressed I quickly bought tickets for an upcoming show they had over at the Assembly Hall and took my then about 8 or 9 year old daughter to see them.

It wouldn’t be fair of me to name a show I would like to see, because I haven’t gone for years and probably won’t.

40. - wordslinger - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:05 am:

–My first State Fair concert was Red Skelton when I was a kid. Hard to top that one. The Tubes come in second.–

Does that mean The Tubes came on second, after Red Skelton? I’d definitely pay to see that show, lol.

Schnorf, one of the best shows I ever saw was the Everly Brothers with Johnny Cash at the old Col Ballroom in Davenport.

Amazing performances. The Everly’s lost a lot of years with their feuding and fighting.

Carl Perkins was with Johnny at the time and did “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Honey Don’t,” and “Matchbox” between sets.

41. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:15 am:

Can’t say I’ve seen a “best” yet, but most memorable - Alice Cooper, 2007, Du Quoin. The makeup just doesn’t mask the wrinkles anymore.

42. - VanillaMan - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:16 am:

Best Show - TRAIN in 2012. Springfield did not deserve that fantastic show. Train gave better than they did a couple weeks later on the Grammys and freaking NO ONE showed up, except a few thousand. Don’t cry when the best pass the State Fair by!

Who would I like to see play the State Fair? Robert Ellis or Jason Isbell, two guys who can show folks what 21st Century country is supposed to sound like!

43. - the unknown poster - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:20 am:

Wordslinger — Quaalude and Heathcliff were a hoot.

44. - Soccermom - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:31 am:

Am I alone in hoping that Pitbull will really be Amy Poehler?
    (this may be obscure)

45. - Oswego Willy - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:43 am:

Only… If Johnny Karate opens, singing his kid songs, - Soccermom -, then…

46. - Buffalo724 - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:54 am:

Neil Young with Waylon Jennings. 1985. Large crowd that all sang along to Sugar Mountain.

47. - no slacker - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 11:57 am:

I also saw Red Skelton, Lawrence Welk and Eddy Arnold. I am 60 y/o.

48. - Kissfreak - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 12:54 pm:

Here is a tip for you stuck in the 70’s rockers. April Wine is the band to see. They haven’t been around the midwest in a while and they rock it.

Another affordable act that I’d like to see again is the Guess Who. They put on a fantastic show in the Quad Cities 3 yrs ago.

49. - Classic Rock - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 1:52 pm:

Journey and Night Ranger were great last year. I’d really like for Rush to come perform.

50. - Streator Curmudgeon - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 2:32 pm:

The Gospel Plowboys!

51. - Anonymous - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 3:45 pm:

Tom Petty no doubt about it!

52. - Just the Facts - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 4:50 pm:

Best show, and first, was the The Who in 1967. My father had a summer patronage job in the ticket office and got us in free.

Who would I like to see? How about Moonalice if Roger McNamee also agrees to provide the state with investment advice?

53. - Just The Way It Is One - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 8:17 pm:

Bring on the Rolling Stones, Electric Light Orchestra, the Beach Boys, Madonna, Brittney Spears or Lady Gaga, Adele, and, oh, maybe RINGO (Starr, of course) some Year, to REALLY boot (just to name a few)…!

54. - SRV4EVER - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 9:20 pm:

1987. Stevie Ray Vaughan-Fabulous Thunderbirds and Gregg Allman. allman was late, so john Anderson went on in his place…I saw SRV in 1986 at the pcc center and I was hooked, guy was unreal live..

55. - Vote Quimby! - Wednesday, Apr 23, 14 @ 10:46 pm:

Best show for me was (like Anonymous) Stone Temple Pilots in ‘94. I was drinking many a Pabst from the next-to-last row….watching planes come in for a landing and some kick-butt rock!
    Second place: Violent Femmes in ‘92 from the Governors Deck
    Most like to see: Tom Petty, hands down.

56. - Tough Guy - Thursday, Apr 24, 14 @ 9:22 am:

Didn’t realize the Who were in town back in the late 60’s. Unfortunately I would have had to ride my bicycle to the concert and I live out of town. Thanks to those who corrected me.

57. - What the Heck is going on! - Thursday, Apr 24, 14 @ 10:29 pm:

Why did the new DuQuoin Fair manager just get suspended?
    How are the going to book acts?

58. - Marjorie - Friday, May 9, 14 @ 9:43 am:

Amazing issues here. I’m very satisfied to look your article.
    Thank you a lot and I’m having a look ahead to touch you. Will you
    kindly drop me a e-mail?

* Rep. Ives pre-files for Senate tax hike sponsorship
* *** UPDATED x3 - Radogno responds - Madigan responds - ILGOP responds, blames Madigan *** Senate passes tax hike bill
* The least of the House's problems
* Fitch looks to June 30, not May 31 for action deadline as Rauner demands property tax relief
* Suburbs raking in red-light cam bucks
* Gov. Word Salad
* It's just a bill
* Our sorry state
* Unsolicited advice
* "What we are being asked to do is cut off vital organs"
* GOP gearing up for 2018
* *** UPDATED x1 *** Kennedy can't or won't explain misleading property tax claim
* 69 percent say Illinois on wrong track, 69 percent say budget is most important issue
* New Poll Shows 76% of Illinois Voters Oppose Increased Data Collection Legislation
* Another hostage warns of imminent demise
* HDems say they want to work in "good faith" with Rauner
* Senate Dems try to go it alone with their own budget plan
* Broken promises, broken state cause bond downgrade in Quincy
* *** LIVE *** Session coverage

* Letter: Rauner lacks compassion for the poor - .....
* The Latest: Cullerton says OK'd budget had GOP .....
* Letter: State Sen. Chuck Weaver speaks to his c.....
* Our View: Unacceptable..
* West Frankfort mayor looks at pitfalls of worke.....
* Maybe this guy should have answered Rauner’s qu.....
* Illinois Senate Democrats pass major tax hikes .....
* The Latest: Cullerton says OK'd budget had GOP .....
* The Latest: Cullerton says OK'd budget had GOP .....
* Maybe this guy should have answered Rauner's qu.....

* Cubs paying for additional security cameras at Wrigley Field

* Budget showdown: House Dems call on Rauner to negotiate
* Budget showdown: House Democrats call on Rauner to negotiate
* Illinois Senate plans to vote on budget today
* House Democrats propose college grant program
* Museums team up for reflection on former Gov. James Thompson
* Workers' comp changes could face Illinois Senate vote
* Sangamon among counties in jury diversity pilot project

* Next month's electricity price hike is just the start
* Here's what you probably don't know about Illinois pensions
* Illinois gets slice of $18.5M Target data breach settlement
* Sears gets breathing room with loan, pension deals

* Mike Glennon says it over and over: ‘This is my year’
* President Trump’s budget would squeeze Illinois
* Plumber Gerald “Red” Dwyer, St. Pat’s Parade booster, dies at 85
* Man charged with stealing beer from Libertyville garage
* Maybe this guy should have answered Rauner’s questions on Facebook
* 11 people seated on Bill Cosby jury; defense attorney sees race bias
* Bears cornerback-turned-safety Deiondre’ Hall embracing fresh start
* Ald. O’Shea proposes crackdown on massage parlors
* What if Mike Glennon is actually a good QB for the Bears?
* CPD officer hit by car during traffic stop in Greater Grand Crossing

* All aboard: Joliet Rocket steamin' into town
* Quigley says Russia probe is 'in its infancy'
* New Orleans mayor made a speech on race and history we all need to hear
* Illinois Senate Democrats pass major tax hikes unlikely to become law
* Kyle Schwarber, Jason Heyward, Anthony Rizzo slug Cubs to 4-0 lead in 4th
* Man allegedly tossed poodles from Oak Lawn garage after claiming them as his on Facebook
* Pence, Notre Dame grads' protest taught us all a lesson
* Fox Lake police: Motorist dies after car hits stopped semi
* Ex-CIA director alerted FBI to pattern of contacts between Russia and Trump campaign associates
* Coats won't comment on report that Trump asked him to deny evidence of collusion

» Illinois Democrats Pass Budget Proposal in Senate
» Illinois Senate Approves Tax Hike, $37B Budget Plan
» Chicago Teachers Give Schools Chief No Confidence Vote
» Palatine Transgender Student To Graduate, But Locker Room Debate Continues
» Unusual Suspects: Who Supports Stricter Punishment For Illinois’ Repeat Gun Offenders
» Springfield Developer, Lobbyist Pitch Downtown Casino
» Cook County Board President To Seek Third Term Next Year
» 2 More Leaks Found Along Dakota Access Pipeline
» Springfield Casino? A Businessman Likes The Odds
» Bevy Of Bobcats: Thriving Animals Poised As Next Urban Pest

* Sounding the Alarm: Unacceptable
* E.J. Dionne: Can the pope save Trump?
* Byron York: At this rate, it won't matter if Trump colluded with Russia
* Guest Column: Innovation key to improved public works infrastructure
* Catherine Rampell: To see how Trumpcare would work, look to Iowa
* Michael Gerson: Trump's house of betrayal
* Budget showdown: Senate Dems approve $5.4B tax increase
* Budget showdown: Senate Dems approve $5B tax increase
* Red-light cameras rake in millions for Chicago suburbs
* Budget showdown: House Dems call on Rauner to negotiate

* Area prep girls' soccer statistics (through May 23)
* Tree pruning workshop offered in Jerseyville
* Women’s group donates $18,000 to St. John Bosco Children’s Center
* Interstate 270 bridge repairs to slow traffic on Wednesday and Thursday
* 11-yr-old Marches across America
* State Sen. Paul Schimpf releases statement on budget passed by Senate
* Aging Lock and Dam 15 guidewall being repaired
* Money grab: Alton’s Cowboy Market among stores with ATM confiscated by feds
* Bettendorf casino authority hands out $1.58M in grants
* Alton man pleads to attempted murder for 2014 stabbing near WellSpring

* Schaumburg Boomers game rained out
* Maddon continues to back Schwarber's outfield defense
* Rozner: Chicago White Sox not ready to change the plan
* Bears' wide receiver White still limited by injury
* Former McDonald's CEO invests in pizza chain

* Teacher raised in Yorkville running agains...
* Jim Walz Will Challenge Randy Hultgren for...
* PHOTOS: Protesters stage die-in at Randy H...
* Protesters continue die-in at US Rep. Rand...
* US Rep. Randy Hultgren's office the scene ...
* Second Democrat announces bid to unseat Hu...
* Local Republicans, Democrats praise appoin...
* Batavia resident, teacher hopes to challen...
* House GOP takes first steps to undo financ...
* Batavia resident announces candidacy for 1...

* The GOP must fight against the Durbin amen......

* Senator Duckworth Calls For Investigation ......

* “The Driver’s Side” – News From The Motorist’s Perspective
* Taco Thursday At Larry's
* LSD Closed On Sunday Morning For Bike The Drive
* Cook County Democratic Party announces dates for pre-slating, slating
* Vibist Paris Smith is an undiscovered treasure of Chicago underground jazz
* WBEZ Reporter Natalie Moore Will Speak About Chicago and Segregation Wednesday In Uptown
* Catching up: REALTORS® provide updates at state caucus
* Co-living . . . new concept or simply a revival of an age-old way of life?
* Coverage of Trump is negative—for good reason
* Community Justice Center To Celebrate Grand Opening of Argyle Satellite Office

* Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
* First Lady Launches Illinois Family Connects

* LeEco layoffs affect 325 employees, pauses U.S. expansion amid financial crisis
* Android Pay link is rolling out with PayPal app update