Capitol Fax.com - Your Illinois News Radar » Rauner pledges to “hang every candidate on the Democratic ticket with Mike Madigan around their neck”

Monday, Mar 5, 2018

* Gov. Rauner spoke at Sunday’s Effingham County Republican Lincoln Day Dinner and told the party faithful about how he envisions the fall campaign

You guys know I went to war to get term limits. Nobody should stay in office more than about 8 years. That’s plenty of time. George Washington could’ve been king, and he only served for 8 years because he knew America should be a place for freedom and you should be a public servant and then leave. … We collected half a million signatures to get term limits on the ballot. Madigan sued me and he blocked it in the state courts, with the judges that he elects. …. But I never give up and I never give in.

We are now going to run a pledge campaign. Pledge campaign. We’re going to ask every candidate in the General Assembly statewide to sign a pledge, sign a promise to you as the people of Illinois. And that pledge says two things. Number one: “I promise you that I will vote to put term limits on the ballot so the people of Illinois can vote term limits up or down.” And number two: “I promise you that I will vote for somebody, anybody other than Mike Madigan for speaker after 35 years.”

And when the Democrats refuse to sign that pledge, we’re gonna use it against them and we’re gonna prove that they’re really working for Madigan and the machine, rather than the people of central Illinois and the people of southern Illinois. And we’re going to beat them and that’s how we are going to pick up nine seats in the General Assembly this year. This is an exciting time.

Now, look, this election cycle is going to be tough. A new president’s party has a hard time in the midterms. That’s just true, even look back 50 years. It doesn’t matter whether D or R.

But you know why we’re going to win and why I’m all-in to win? No state has a guy as corrosive and as corrupt and as destructive as Mike Madigan. And we are going to hang every candidate on the Democratic ticket with Mike Madigan around their neck and we’re going to take them down. And we’re going to beat ‘em. The people of Illinois want Madigan gone almost as much as Republicans do.

* Gov. Rauner also told the story of his “single most emotional moment of my being governor”

It was last year, I was shopping at a store in Springfield and an elderly woman came up to me. Slowly, she couldn’t move very, very fast. She was, she was up there in years. She slowly came up to me in the store and she grabbed me by the by the [inaudible], both hands on my left arm. And then she looked up at me. And then she started to tear up. She started to cry a little bit and I said ‘Goodness, what happened, what’s wrong here? Are you hurt? Can I, how can I help you?’ And she said, she said, ‘Governor, you’re our last hope. Don’t give up.’ And I teared up, and I gave her a hug. And I said, ‘I will never give up and it’s an honor for me to work for you.’

We will never give in. We are going to make Illinois great again. Great, proud strong state. The greatest state in the greatest nation on Earth. On to victory in November for Republicans!

…Adding… From last June

You know, I had a woman, an elderly woman, come up to me last month. She couldn’t move very well, but she came up, she grabbed me by the arm. She looked me in the eyes. She teared up, and she said, “Governor, you’re our last hope. Don’t give up,” and she said, “And I’m a Democrat, and many of my friends are Democrats. We know you’re doing the right thing.” I get that every day.

Every day he gets that. Every. Day.

…Adding… Pritzker campaign…

With Donald Trump polling ahead of Bruce Rauner in Illinois, the failed governor is borrowing the president’s slogan to keep Republicans from fleeing to his primary opponent Jeanne Ives as election day nears.

“We are going to make Illinois great again,” Rauner proudly declared at an Effingham County Republican dinner yesterday where Ives was present. While Rauner has long been afraid to utter Donald Trump’s name, his insurgent primary opponent’s campaign has left him with no choice but to cozy up to this bigoted president.

“Bruce Rauner is embracing Donald Trump as he desperately clings to the Republican nomination with Jeanne Ives nipping at his heels,” said Pritzker campaign spokeswoman Jordan Abudayyeh. “This is a failed governor, fending off challenges left and right as Illinoisans prepare to hold him accountable for his damage to this state.”

1. - SinkingShip - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:09 am:

—”Make Illinois great again.”—

Uh oh.

2. - Crispy - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:09 am:

Walter Mitty rides again.

3. - PJ - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:11 am:

==‘Governor, you’re our last hope. Don’t give up.’==

Now he’s just straight up cribbing Star Wars lines.

4. - d.p.gumby - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:11 am:

I threw up in my mouth a little

5. - Roman - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:12 am:

Have Jim Durkin and Bill Brady signed the term limit pledge?

6. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:12 am:

So his most emotional moment was (another) obvious whopper about an encounter that never happened, rather than the death toll of real vets at Quincy on his watch?

This guy and his messiah complex — something wrong with him.

7. - New Slang - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:13 am:

That story, in a word, is….LAME.

8. - Not Rich - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:14 am:

if his lips are moving he is lying..

9. - HangingOn - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:16 am:

Well, his version is longer this time he told it, but he cut some of her lines from last time.

10. - George - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:17 am:

Rumor has it the Democrats are going to hang every candidate on the Republican ticket with Bruce Rauner around their neck.

11. - Not It - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:18 am:

So, Rauner is claiming the mere sight of him is enough to drive elderly women to tears?

What a guy!

12. - Fix-it 4U - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:20 am:

We’re going to ask every candidate in the General Assembly statewide to sign a pledge, sign a promise to you as the people of Illinois. And that pledge says two things. Number one: “I promise you that I will vote to put term limits on Leadership positions so the Legislators of Illinois can vote Leadership term limits up or down.” And number two: “I promise you that I will vote for somebody, anybody other than Bruce Rauner.”
    But you know why we’re going to win and why I’m all-in to win? No state has a guy as corrosive and as corrupt and as destructive as Bruce Rauner. And we are going to hang every candidate on the Republican ticket with Bruce Rauner around their neck and we’re going to take them down. And we’re going to beat ‘em. The people of Illinois want Rauner gone almost as much as Democrats do.

13. - Skeptic - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:20 am:

Michael Madigan and Governors who tell stories about random little old ladies he controls…

14. - Henry Francis - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:20 am:

Quite a tale about that sad old lady. And the Guv actually believes he can get people to believe it. Poor guy.

It is almost as believable as Trump running (unarmed) into a school under seige by a shooter.

With each passing day the Guv becomes more like the Pres. (Or is it the way around?)

15. - Robert the Bruce - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:20 am:

Reporters have better things to do, but I wish a reporter would ask him “Which store?” and then see if that store kept last year’s security tapes.

16. - Commonsense in Illinois - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:21 am:

You know, the Governor has told that story about the elderly woman in the store so many times, you’d think he’d remember her name by now…

17. - A Jack - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:21 am:

Unfortunately, the elderly woman was a little absent minded and thought she was talking to Jim Edgar.

18. - Not a Billionaire - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:21 am:

MIGA I guess it will be DT and BVR against MJM.

19. - Texas Red - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:22 am:

Classic example of leveraging a self-inflicted wound. The Dem’s should have seen the writing on the wall and slowly put MJM out to pasture and embraced a younger more “diverse” leadership. Absent MJM, Rauner would have no shot in November.

20. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:23 am:

–And we are going to hang every candidate on the Democratic ticket with Mike Madigan around their neck…–

The Education Governor needs to work on his syntax.

Should be: –”hang Mike Madigan around the necks of every Democratic candidate….–

Otherwise, you’re hanging Democrats, which is illegal.

21. - Flynn's Mom - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:24 am:

I think he has officially lost his marbles.

22. - Langhorne - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:25 am:

On election night, will rauner concede to Pritzker, or Madigan?

23. - Real - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:25 am:

The dems can easily turn this on Rauner by forming there own pledge of many different things that people want done.

24. - A Jack - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:27 am:

Hopefully the Democrats will hang every victim of the budget impasse as well as all of the Quincy veteran victims around the Governor’s neck.

25. - Whatever - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:28 am:

==We’re going to ask every candidate in the General Assembly statewide to sign a pledge . . . “I promise you that I will vote for somebody, anybody other than Mike Madigan for speaker after 35 years.”==

Does that include senators?

26. - Telly - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:29 am:

Yes, the governor is a liar, and a bad one at that. But I don’t think he’s overstating how much of a liability Madigan is.

Don’t see him losing anywhere close to nine seats, but the Speaker may very well serve as a levy, keeping the midterm Dem wave from sweeping Illinois to the extent it should.

27. - Pot calling kettle - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:29 am:

I will be impressed when he refuses to support the campaign of any Republican with more than 8 years in office.

What he forgot to mention in his story is that the little old lady called him “Speaker Madigan.”

28. - Northsider - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:29 am:

Was she Swedish?

29. - Arsenal - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:30 am:

His most emotional moment was someone telling him how great he is.

30. - wordslinger - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:31 am:

–His most emotional moment was someone telling him how great he is.–

A fictional someone, at that.

31. - Henry Francis - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:32 am:

==Otherwise, you’re hanging Democrats, which is illegal==

Lol. When has that ever stopped the Guv from trying to do something? Has his administration won a case yet?

I think the Guv probably does want to hang Democrats using MJM’s entrails as the rope. /s

32. - Obamas Puppy - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:32 am:

That story is a lie and Dems will hang Rauner around every Repubs necks,

33. - Red fish blue fish - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:33 am:

Rauner alienated core constituents with HB40 and yet among the IL population he is polling worse than Trump.

The whole “because Madigan” line of attack would be much weaker against Kennedy and to a lesser extent Biss.

34. - Steve Rogers - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:34 am:

It must be tough being Luke Skywalker, Katniss Everdeen, Harry Potter, and John Connor all rolled into one.

35. - Annonin' - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:36 am:

Another lame GovJunk yarn … asking which store is a good fact check. There are reliable reports he still has not come with proof concerning the Budget Speech yarn about the light bill at the Mansion.

36. - Norseman - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:38 am:

Langhorne, well said.

37. - JS Mill - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:40 am:

Why does Tauner think any Democrat will engage with his goofy “pledge drive”? They are not members of his party and it is an obvious stunt. If I were a Democrat I would tell him to jump in a lake.

The little old lady story is pathetic. For all of the money he is paying staff that is the best they could do? Did he gat her name?

38. - Texas Red - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:41 am:

“Rauner alienated core constituents with HB40″

True, but Ives is as the Trib called her a “firebrand” . As a result most but not all GOP folks who are upset about HB40 will hold their nose and vote Rauner based on electability.

39. - Skeptic - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:41 am:

“On election night, will rauner concede to Pritzker, or Madigan?” He’ll claim to have done both but actually done neither.

40. - Aldyth - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:42 am:

Unless he can produce that woman to confirm that conversation really happened, it comes across as completely made up.

41. - Publius - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:48 am:

Well Governor I guess since you have absolutely no accomplishments as governor you have to find something to run on.

I think the democrats could tie you around the neck of every GOP Candidate and ask them to condemn you lack of mamangemwnt skills and the death of veterans in Quincy.

So hell bent on getting madigan he has neglected his office.

42. - Retired Educator - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:51 am:

Every time the Governor tells a story, I expect a little person to come out and yell “The Plane Boss”. This guy lives on Fantasy Island. He should wear a white suit. It has been stated before, “if his lips are moving he is lying.”

43. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:52 am:

This will

44. - Micheal - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:52 am:

the world

45. - CrispyCritter - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:56 am:

Tell Rauner we have term limits already; it is called voting. He’s about to get a term limit.

46. - Arsenal - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 11:57 am:

Also, I like this idea that he’s “gonna” do this, as if his entire term hasn’t been marked by a non-stop anti-Madigan campaign.

47. - JackD - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:00 pm:

Northsider @ 11:29, no, Norwegian.

48. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:00 pm:

So did he announce that this is his last run for governor?

One more and done, right?

49. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:01 pm:

Of course he loses lawsuits because the judges are corrupt. It couldn’t be the incompetence of his legal staff.

50. - btowntruthfromforgottonia - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:03 pm:

“….the judges that he elects.”
    Who knew Madigan put judges into office?
    And why didn’t they cut Rauners mic after he said that?

He’s not dealing with reality.

51. - Nobody Sent - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:04 pm:

There were no little old ladies where I saw him a few week ago in Springfield when he made an unannounced visit to a local recreation center. Out of several hundred there, only one man shook his hand and everyone else just glared or ignored him. There was no doubt as to who it was - people just didn’t want to interact with him. If it wasn’t for all of the bad stuff he has done, I would have felt sorry for him.

52. - Vole - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:04 pm:

If the dude didn’t learn to govern in 3 years this kind of puts the nail to the idea he will have it wired in 8 years, the end of his term limit.

Citizen Rauner brings me to tears.

53. - You could say that, I couldn't - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:08 pm:

Like many in Illinois, I have my criticisms of Madigan and I certainly see that he is unpopular. But Rauner has an unnatural obsession with the guy. Nobody should be surprised to see Rauner conducting a search for missing strawberries at the Statehouse. (Obscure reference to The Caine Mutiny.)

54. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:08 pm:

The real question should be, did the Effingham county Republican central committee get their check from rauner like the res t of the county chairs?

55. - Chicago Cynic - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:09 pm:

And this whopper was nothing compared to the crap he spewed in the Wall Street Journal piece over the weekend. The mendacity is breathtaking.

56. - Anonymous - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:16 pm:

Was it a Harley store or a Carhartt store?

57. - Pot calling kettle - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:18 pm:

Rauner’s next speech: “What the heck happened to the Republican Party I bought? Where’s the spirit? Where’s the guts, huh? This could be the greatest election of our lives, but you’re gonna let it be the worst. “Ooh, we’re afraid to go with you Bruce, we might get in trouble.” Well just kiss my wallet from now on! Not me! I’m not gonna take this. Madigan, he’s a dead man! Cullerton, dead! Pritzger…”

58. - Richy Dayley - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 12:54 pm:

“Cuckoo”

59. - Arthur Andersen - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 1:11 pm:

Geez. The little old lady story is even worse than Rod’s whopper about the little kid he chatted up from his SUV who called him “Mayor Daley.”

60. - Demoralized - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 1:15 pm:

==You guys know I went to war to get term limits.==

I’m sure all of those social service providers that were devastated by the budget impasse are glad you went to war over that.

61. - Stoph - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 1:39 pm:

Hmmm, which is harder to believe the little or lady or that Rauner found a Democrat in Sangamon County? Seems Himenez won handily there if I remember.

62. - Ben Gazzara - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 3:14 pm:

Rauner should buy the Churchill makeup and wardrobe from Darkest Hour and start wearing it around campaign stops. So inspirational.

63. - Precinct Captain - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 3:40 pm:

I’d probably be upset that my negligence and incompetence killed 13 veterans and their spouses, but Bruce has gotta Bruce I suppose.

64. - CCP Hostage - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 3:53 pm:

This is so weird. I really expected Governor Junk to stick with the issues. Who’d a thunk he’d make Madigan an issue?

65. - The Blimp - Monday, Mar 5, 18 @ 8:22 pm:

Agreed with Rauner’s lack of accomplishments. But the Madigan issue has been growing the last few weeks, not needing Rauner’s help. Look at Quinn’s swipe.

TrackBack URI

* Rauner calls on White House to end child separations at U.S. Southern border
* Pritzker campaign, Campaign Workers Guild clash over intern compensation
* Possible sale of Lincoln artifacts gets national attention
* Uihlein gives $1.5 million to Liberty Principles PAC
* *** UPDATED x4 *** Rauner claims he’s done more for black people than any other governor
* Does Walgreens post office move mean the end of HQ2 bid?
* *** UPDATED 4x - Pritzker buys FB ads, Rauner responds, a correction *** Gov campaigns, Illinois Congressionals respond to border policy
* *** LIVE COVERAGE ***
* *** UPDATED 1x - Pritzker hits back *** Rauner goes statewide with “Porcelain Prince” ad buy

* Rauner Calls Separating Families 'Wrong'.....
* Madigan relents, and hires an independent inves.....
* New western Illinois bridge having major impact..
* Trump health plan change may ease insurance cos.....
* Gov. Rauner says he's done more for African.....
* Rauner Tries To Flush Pritzker Down The Toilet .....
* Rauner says Trump should stop splitting families..
* Illinois governor says Trump should stop splitt.....
* Illinois Governor's Race Goes Down the Toil.....
* Pritzker campaign, Campaign Workers Guild clash.....

* Guilty pleas in illegal shipping of hazardous waste
* 3rd ex-Wheaton football player pleads guilty in hazing case
* Illinois governor says Trump should stop splitting families
* Lawsuit: Chicago police falsely ID thousands as gang members
* Section of I-55 buckles in central Illinois' heat wave
* Southern Illinois board sets meeting on removing president
* Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in Illinois
* Illinois candidate apologies for decade-old blackface photo
* Lawsuit: Many wrongly listed in Chicago gang database
* Second person dies after shooting near Chicago university

* Illinois politicians seek answers to family separations at border
* 80+ years later, Meredosia woman sees the opening of another new bridge
* Chatham man wins Illinois Bicentennial coin design contest
* Rauner to consider allowing medical cannabis for opioid patients
* Bipartisan work yields gun bills, fate rests with Rauner
* Rauner names Justin Blandford curator of Governor's Mansion
* Rauner names Williamsville woman interim HFS director
* Both Rauner and Pritzker have donated to Mansion renovations
* Both candidates for governor have donated to Mansion renovations
* Illiopolis boy helps push bill to cover hearing aids for kids

* Dow shows GE the door and welcomes Walgreens
* Starbucks pumps the brakes in its home market
* Theranos didn't just harm investors
* Medicare readmissions program not causing observation stay spike
* Trump administration finalizes rule to expand association health plan access

* Illinois Republicans in Congress break from Trump over border children
* City Aviation chief Ginger Evans taking off: Stepping down as airport chief
* Dorothy Brown launches listening tour as part of mayoral campaign
* Sex and gender complicated issues, including in sports
* Rauner says he asked White House and Congress to end ‘bad policy’ at border
* Short circuit caused minor subway blast: London police
* FBI, police search for Washington-area serial rapist
* Sneezes, hot tubs and now pants: Add Brandon Morrow’s injury to Cubs’ odd list
* Feds give $200K to cleanup contaminated Chicago site
* 3 dead in shooting outside a Walmart in Alabama: authorities

* United States leaving U.N. human rights council
* Chicago Aviation Dept. commissioner leaving this summer, mayor's office says
* Giants closer Hunter Strickland out 6-8 weeks after punching wall with pitching hand
* Paramedics under investigation after not immediately tending to teen with gunshot wound to head
* As governor, Rauner says he’s done more for African Americans than 'anybody'
* East Aurora school board grapples with whether to declare District 131 a safe zone from immigration enforcement
* Cubs pitcher Yu Darvish returns to Wrigley mound Wednesday for key simulated game
* Chicago cop Robert Rialmo takes stand at civil trial over his fatal shooting of 2
* Trump gives no preference on rival GOP immigration bills amid uproar over his family separation policy
* Divisive border policy sets the stage for a fall referendum on Trump

» Lawmakers To Hold Public Hearing Over CPS Sexual Abuse Cases
» Eddie Russell Jr.‘s Family Sues Peoria; Helping Veterans Graduate; Inmates And Mental Health Care
» Morning Shift Live From the Streeterville Farmer's Market
» Eddie Russell Jr.; Veterans in College; Inmates and Mental Health
» June 18, 2018 - Full Show
» Illinois Bicentennial Coin Unveiled
» Austin Texas, Like Chicago, Is Struggling With Pedestrian Safety
» Push To Bridge Gender Wage Gap Continues
» Pediatrics For Transgender Kids; ‘Pay What You Can’ Yoga Studio; Illinois Politics
» Dad-isms: Jokes and Lessons Our Fathers Taught Us

* Guest View: Addressing the higher cost of compliance with our ADA consent decree
* MArc Thiessen: But her emails? You're dang right her emails.
* Byron York: What Republicans suspect about the FBI's Trump-Russia probe
* Catherine Rampell: We'll be cleaning up Trump's mess for generations
* Illinois politicians seek answers to family separations at border
* 80+ years later, Meredosia woman sees the opening of another new bridge
* Chatham man wins Illinois Bicentennial coin design contest
* E.J. Dionne: GOP moderates fold to Trumpism
* Rauner to consider allowing medical cannabis for opioid patients
* George Will: Congress suffers arthritic knees from genuflecting to presidential power

* No snow, no problem
* Little League Home Run Derby 2018
* Stretch of road between U.S. 51 and Wyckles to close Wednesday
* Firm begins traffic study for potential Davenport Portillo's
* Belleville sex offender convicted of exposing himself to a teen girl for second time
* Murphysboro is getting a splash park
* Funnel cloud spotted near Decatur Airport as storms sweep Central Illinois
* Whitey's sales aid Bethany programs
* SIU School of Medicine, SIH break ground on a new building in Carbondale
* PHOTOS: Camp Invention at Mount Zion Intermediate School

* Canadian senate passes weed bill but legalization delayed
* Trump, GOP leaders strain for migrant-kids solution
* Back spasms sideline Chicago Cubs closer Morrow
* Mystics beat Sky 88-60
* Lawmakers barred from child migrant facility in Florida

* Congressman Discusses Immigration Issues
* Bost compares policy of separating immigra...
* Health care mission slated in Harrisburg
* Bost compares policy of separating immigra...
* *** UPDATED 4x - Pritzker buys FB ads, Rau...
* Roskam: Trump administration must stop tea...
* Cook County Board President Preckwinkle in...
* Bypass gets boost from bipartisanship
* Roskam: Trump administration must stop tea...
* Northrop Grumman opens offices in Arlingto...

* City receives $500K to clean up contaminat......
* Congress flails as family separation crisi......
* New GOP plan: Hold kids longer at border —......
* Illinois politicians seek answers to famil......
* State Of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D ......

* City receives $500K to clean up contaminat......
* Washington's Mayor Eyes a Second Term,......
* Power Breakfast...
* Illinois politicians seek answers to famil......
* Here's What Trump Actually Achieved Wi......

* In the digital age, the standard lecture may not be enough
* Bootcamps Go To College
* New free online courses launched to help Syrian refugees continue their education
* Imagining A Blockchain University
* Can Online Programs and Digital Tools Help Students Spend Less Money? #DLNchat
* Pearson Releases Study on Demand-Driven Education
* Chicago’s future.
* Jeff Sessions explains the difference between Nazi Germany and the U.S. under Trump.
* The documentary Uncle Fun: You're the One and more of the best things to do in Chicago this weekend
* Prog-rock wizards the Mugicians never released a note—but they may still unearth their dazzling early-80s demos

* New Illinois 104 Bridge Opens in Meredosia
* IL Department on Aging Recognizes World Elder Abuse Awareness Month
* 2017 Wabash County Tentative Multiplier Announced
* Liquor Control Commission Underage Compliance Report for Cook County
* Liquor Control Commission Underage Compliance Report for Will Count

* Facebook has an AI solution for those who can never seem to keep their eyes open in photos
* Europe should see standard Xiaomi Mi 8 from August
* vivo NEX S in for review
* HPE plans to invest $4 billion to develop edge computing
* Facebook Messenger is getting autoplay video ads
* Telstra restructure axes 8,000 jobs
* Nuance partners with Nexgen on voice recognition tools for first responders

* Abreu widens lead in AL All-Star vote at 1st
* Thou shall steal: Cleveland Indians, Chicago White Sox lineu...
* Carlos Rodon looks to help White Sox halt 5-game losing streak
* White Sox's Jose Abreu leads AL first basemen in All-Sta...
* Lincoln-Way Marching Band To Perform At Chicago White Sox Game