* Peoria Journal-Star…
First responders were called to the home of Anthony Phillips, 46, and his fiancée, Rena Corp. He told them he had ingested K-2/spice around 11 p.m. on April 7 and woke up around 4 a.m. on April 8 with severe stomach pain. He told the medics he had been vomiting blood. Corp had been suffering symptoms as well. Both were transported to UnityPoint Health-Pekin. The hospital quickly transferred them to UnityPoint Health-Methodist in Peoria because they needed more advanced treatment.
From the end of the story…
The family knows, said [said Becky Phillips, Anthony’s sister-in-law], that some people will say he shouldn’t have been using the K-2, that it wasn’t all Smith’s fault. She said there were other people at the hospital who were also reacting to K-2.
″(Anthony) probably wasn’t all innocent,” she said. “But he took it for his pain.
“He had severe arthritis. His leg was the size of a kids leg. He couldn’t walk a block without the pain hitting him so hard. He just wanted to be out of the pain, and he couldn’t get the proper medical.”
You know what wouldn’t have killed Anthony Phillips? Marijuana.